26 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2007 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hobo wrote:
ok the ranking is now on the group page

I'm quite positive that more than 23 teams have played games... (For one, 23 is an odd number).

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2007 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Somone retired their team, phubar... it's amongst this lot somewhere.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, ok...

So that leaves 9 teams that haven't played yet? Including, presumably the new team that is replacing the retired one?

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pink Princess, IT is hobo's league. I just do the "spadework" when hobo isn't able to. I don't do anything without consulting him first, if you came onto the chat once in a while, you may be more informed as to the creative processes behind the league - as people like dunkel and Russo could testify. Wink
Originally, the qualifiers were supposed to last one weekend, and they've already lasted a week. If you can arrange a game today with one of the teams that still has to play, feel free to.

phubar- the missing team is the Lech Poznan Stormvermins, who automatically start in the conference due to the original stormvermins being retired. Smile
There are 4 qualifiers still to be played, but Dragonsmaw and La Yena are playing later today.
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pink_Princess wrote:
i like 'YOUR' plans chewie but what does hobo have to say about this becos isn't this his league with you in a support role? shouldn't hobo be doing the draw?
i share the same view as Dragonsmaw why should i lose out because my drawn opponent deleted all of his teams and then didnt respond to my 1st message forcing me to send him a 2nd message only for him to arrange a time next tues which is going to be too late for the qualifiers, this stinks... Mad

OK Princess,

As Chewie has said in his response, there has been alot of soul-searching done within the OBBA irc channel by many coaches, about what is the best way to preserve the interest and health of the entire league.

Most coaches have said that they want to get playing and in fairness we have all had more than a week to get the games in.

If coaches were unable to play during that week and a bit, then they should have notified the two league admins (hobo and Chewie) so they knew why they were not able to play their games.

If it is a generalised problem of not being able to play a game a week then these coaches should NOT have joined a league in the first place, as they will hold everyoone up all the time.

I say this as admin staff for a few leagues, where we have already learnt this the hard way:

a) Initial upswelling to join a league is good....then some stop playing or start grumbling about fixtures. This causes forfeits or withdrawals that mess up the whole season.

b) Fixture lists become too elongated as coaches want more than 1 week to play a round. So the season never gets finished .

c) Poor communication upseting other coaches or not explaining that "you are going on holiday for 2 weeks"

In the interest of ALL the coaches the league admin always needs to be firm, and as long as you have PM'd your opponant and your League Admin to explain or arrange fixtures then you would be counted as a non-loser in any forfeits.

In your personal circumstances, if your opponent is not responding to your PM to arrange the fixture and you have let admin know then I have no objection to you being credited with a 1-0 win.

We need closure on the qualifiers as they have lasted longer than a whole round already, and we will start to lose coaches if we dawdle any longer.

Stu

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope I can get at least 1 league game in tomorrow, else I'm out for 2 weeks! Sad

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Pink_Princess

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry if my post sounded like a dig at you chewie but it seems to be you doing everything and i'm just pissed that i'm gunna get dumped into the conference without any cash, spp's or skills becos my opponent cant play me until tues(woulda been nice for him to say something about his inability to play any games before now) i would come onto chat but i work full time so dont have the freedom or inclination to sit at a pc and small talk with some one i dont know for hours on end, if you are able to go on chat for hours and hours then good for you, i'm sure the league will be better for your input.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Karaz-a-Karak dwarves played a bloody match, but lost to the Pisa All Star 1-0. Two unregened casualties won't be enough to get them out of conference play, but hopefully they'll continue to look this good all season long. If they do, a promotion is all but promised.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1592225

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm writing this just as i get in from work... Wink

No offence was taken Pink, don't worry... when you are as old and as ugly as i am, you get thick skin Smile

I think i speak for all the chat users when i say that, i too, have ZERO inclination to small talk with a complete stranger just for the sake of it.
However,having played blood bowl for years, one of the best bits about the game (as far as i am concerned at least) is the banter that flies backwards and forwards, the gloating etc.etc. That is why i spend some time (not all, i too work full time, albeit nights, and have a 3 year old son to look after) on chat. I'm sorry if you are annoyed due to being in the conference, but, as Monty Python said, look on the bright side, it could be worse, you could have an unhealthy team like me, or even worse, be Russo1 (Sorry, mate, couldn't resist Smile )

On the subject of my seeming to do a lot, thats simply 'cos hobo has other drains on his time at the minute, and i'm picking up the slack...

DragonsMaw - tough luck about the game, i just hope we end up in different divisions- i hate dwarfs Smile

The leagues will be put up shortly, so watch this space CraftNburn ( i know you are the only one on at this ungodly hour... )

Last edited by Chewie on Mar 11, 2007 - 09:22; edited 1 time in total
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is ready for kick off. All teams are divided into 4 divisions. Starting with The Premiership, The Championship, Conference North and last and least Conference South.
2 games / 2 weeks are to be played. You can play in advance if both teams are free to play. The schedule shall be followed.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Go go SeraphimRed! Your first oppo is jock, and something tells me he'll be on later... Smile
Pink, hobo should be sending you a PM about our decision ref your predicament, check your inbox!
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Deadline for the first 2 games set at 27th of March.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, the leagues are set up now, i'm sure everyone would appricate everyone elses picks... i'll post mine later on, after sleeping... Smile
dunkel

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My first match seems interesting. Albion Villa vs West Bromwitch Albion. Seems like a bit of a derby to me. What a way to kick off the first season.

<Trog> Even if you win, you're still retarded
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Early days to pick the winner, but OBBA Premiership is an all out bash league. As small favourite I have to say the Dragons picking up 10 points in their qualifyer.
 Jump to: