80 coaches online • Server time: 22:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Royston

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

1390 according to our match report. But they are down to 890 after our game with 2 mng.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! I found ze proof!!! Check one of your other match reports, the +xxx pts is the inducements!

So he probably spent 1390k inducements out of a possible 1400k.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Royston

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah! I see.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Just turned in my application... fingers crossed there's room in Season 20 for the allegedly-mighty Feyenoorse!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/422361[/img]

Royston

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Code:
[img]https://fumbbl.com/i/422361[/img]

Thanks OH. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello OBBA mens! The big day has arrived!

Season 20 Kickoff and Rules update.

Rules for Season 20:

Optional Rules in play:
[1] PO does not stack with other killy skills
[2] Right stuff counters tackle (the great stunty buff!)

League rules (attn: new coaches and the senile)
[1] Each round is 10 days in length --- so, please contact your opponent VIA PM as soon as possible to arrange a time to play. Please be considerate and polite while arranging game times. Please turn up to arranged times, or send an apology if Real Life gets in the way. If there are issues getting games played, copy me (Pythrr) into the PM thread so I can decide the result.
[2] No being a dick.
[3] See #2.
[4] All of Pythrr\'s decisions are final. George\'s decisions can be appealed to Pythrr for final judgement.
[5] No crying like Scolari.
[6] That pretty much sums it up.

OBBA Structure for season 20

Premiership: 10 teams, bottom 2 relegated. 8th place playoff vs. 3rd placed Championship team.

Championship: 8 teams, top 2 promoted, 3rd placed promotion playoff; bottom 2 relegated, 6th place relegation playoff.

League 1: 8 teams, top 2 promoted, 3rd placed promotion playoff; bottom 2 relegated, 6th place relegation playoff.

League 2: 8 teams, top 2 promoted, 3rd placed promotion playoff; bottom 2 relegated, 5th and 6th place relegation playoff.

Conference North / Conference South (these divisions are parallel in the structure): 8 teams / 9 teams. Auto promotion only for 1st place team. 2nd placed team gets a playoff vs a League 2 team. Yes, I realize that this makes promotion tough, but the conference is hard to get out of! (and it\'s a builder division).

All promotion/relegation quotas are open to adjustment to compensate for retiring teams in the divisions above (info for new coaches: there are always some dropouts and retirements, so typically more teams get promoted than listed above, so fighting for 3rd or 4th in the conference divisions (for example) is really worth the sweat and blood).

MLS-OBBA
2 conferences of 8 teams.
Top 4 from each conference make the MLS Cup Playoffs (KO competition).

Cups Season 20
After the League season, there are two KO cup competitions. This year all teams will be entered in the OBBA Cup, and will play a prelim round where the winners go into the main OBBA Cup draw, while the losers go into the League Cup draw.

Intercontinental Challenge

MLS Cup winners vs OBBA Premiership Champions! (this happens in the pre-season for season 21).

Ok, questions, concerns, bribes?

Divisions will be set up over the course of today (Saturday). Be there, or be nobbled like Neymar!

Pythrr.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
After the League season, there are two KO cup competitions. This year all teams will be entered in the OBBA Cup, and will play a prelim round where the winners go into the main OBBA Cup draw, while the losers go into the League Cup draw.

Will the prelim round be only the first round or the first round without any filler teams, remember some seasons past when weak teams went into the big cup after a walk over against a filler team.

Also are 'all teams' all teams or are they all teams except Premiership teams who will join after the prelim round?

pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be no BYEs into the OBBA Cup. All teams will need to beat (or win by foreit) over another team.

Only Prem teams are guarenteed entry to the OBBA Cup proper (10 teams).

The other 57 teams will fight for the other 22 places in the main draw (this means that some teams will play more than one qualifying round, obviously).

To be precise, the next 22 teams (Champ (Cool, League 1 (Cool, and top 6 from League 2 (6) will be in the main prelim round, while the other 35 teams will fight for 22 places to join them. Don't ask me how this will work, as it depends on how many drop outs we have during the season, etc. I'll shoehorn it somehow.

Pyth

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Gah, fuck you emoticons!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2014 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good! Surprised

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Conference looks a bashfest.

Bring it on!

By the way pythrr, you seem to have left the Conference out of the promotion/relegation rules. Are we in limbo? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

for Poods:

Conference North / Conference South (these divisions are parallel in the structure): 8 teams / 9 teams. Auto promotion only for 1st place team. 2nd placed team gets a playoff vs a League 2 team. Yes, I realize that this makes promotion tough, but the conference is hard to get out of! (and it\'s a builder division).

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but there is Conference North/Conference South below the Conference. Maybe I am reading it wrong but it doesn't make sense. I assume you mean that the Conference 2nd place plays off against League Two. But it just isn't very clear from the reading of it.

What is the promotion for Conference North/South? Or are all 3 parallel? Which shouldn't be the case... Should it?

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Yes, but there is Conference North/Conference South below the Conference. Maybe I am reading it wrong but it doesn't make sense. I assume you mean that the Conference 2nd place plays off against League Two. But it just isn't very clear from the reading of it.

What is the promotion for Conference North/South? Or are all 3 parallel? Which shouldn't be the case... Should it?

In real life there is a Conference above the Conference North/South - but not in OBBA. There are two parallel divisions below League 2. Check out the tournaments page.