53 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Nahkahiiri

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there other "official" medals or achievements (scoring 3 or causing 3 cas etc in single game) I could add to my hopeless skaven anti-heroes?
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10864

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Royston! I'll staple a few medals on my rats' hides...

Somebody could magically generate medals for seasons 21-30 while at it... Main OBBA-page could have a link to the Fluff -thread or even create a new thread with updated code (html removed).
krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

A momentous occasion in the history of Glasjaw Strangers. Today in the final Prem fixture of the season, we defeated Bristol Reavers for the first time in eight attempts (after almost 8 years!)

Our reward for a hard fought vistory? Relegation, as usual. Smile

Roll on the cup!

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Bastards.

Smile Well played, Krytie.

We only won one game this season, but at least we beat Russo. So we can live off that for a while.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Bastards.

Smile Well played, Krytie.

We only won one game this season, but at least we beat Russo. So we can live off that for a while.

How did the Reavers avoid relegation?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody about now to break my virginity for a pre-season friendly?

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=797908

Send me a PM
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So I got bored in work and decided to build a bio form my apes.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=783918

Still a work in progress but I'm happy with how it is coming together.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2015 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

That is awesome Very Happy
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2015 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my inagural match into the OBBA had lead to a player dying turn 2. Death by failed dodge.

RIP Daro you will be.. well quickly forgotten to be perfectly honest.
Alcrab

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2015 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

just a query. Does it matter that my Lizapool team have been put in thee MLS sandpit? I get that this is just for summer friendlies but american timezones really dont suit me that well if i'm in MLS for the league as well?

edit: I also have a loss statistic despite not playing, is that normal?

also: anyone in the sandpit fancy playing to beef up the teams?

Smile
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a small welcome back give away!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Turning from the guttering remains of the pyre, he walked as half in a dream back towards the cloaked figures. The things he did; they were done. The sacrifices made. The blood shed which would cleanse the earth anew. Stopping now, feet unmoving in the fresh rime; frozen as if by the coming winter’s storm. Blood. Eyes focusing on a single drop, shed carelessly by the doomed man. So much pain; so much suffering. The blood spoke, slowly hardening on the snow. It spoke of things done and undone, of joys and sorrows, of life. And of death.

A shaking of the head. A clearing of senses and purpose. He had to die. It was the only way.

The eyes lifted from the earthly stain. Five cloaks waited, motionless in their need. Briskly he walked, propelled by vision and purpose. Onwards, ever so. It is done.

“It is done. The apostate burns.”

They nod, half-smiling as if in approbation. But they did not understand. The merely saw Justice. As if such a thing existed. It had to be done. It was done. The man burned.

“The field is cleansed. The holy rituals can resume.”

Again they incline; agreement is life, acquiescence to the dead. A mouth half opens, a finger paused in the act of raising, paralyzed by a look.

“No. It is done. There is no need for words. Go now. Prepare for the harvest. The white mare rides, and death comes after. Nuffle go with you.”

********** Some time later *********

Gentlemen, coaches, creatures of the press!

We stand here together on the brink! Gone are the truculent days of long summer! The chill winds rise, and I hear the dead rattle, eager in their halls! The mountain clans gather, and the tree-dwellers stir from their summer idylls. The clash of metal and leather, fist upon bone, boot upon face, and hammer on stone! The banners are out, the eager recruits rally to the call! The season is upon us, Nuffle help us all!

<the crowd roars>

Peace, brothers, peace! As you know, the long dry days of the high sun have seen much ado. Crisis, some called it. The end of days, wrote others. How can OBBA go on? Many questioned us, but WE. ARE. STILL. HERE!

<again the crowd roars>

WE. ARE. STILL. HERE!

As you all know, foul accusations were cast upon OBBA. Now, we took these not lightly, and – as your elected Presidente for life – I took it upon myself to run and open and impartial inquiry into the allegations. After many labours, we found the guilty party. As the OFFICAL (and entirely trustworthy) report clearly showed, the corruption was entirely (and legally bindingly) the responsibility of George Agdgdgwngo, our erstwhile OBBA secretary. His confession – in his OWN hand – is here! “It was me wot done it guv’, and no one else. Signed George A.”

<crowd boos!>

Yes, yes! The treacherous one was clear in his acceptance of ALL RESPONSIBILITY for any and all corruption, blackmail, backhanders, worker abuse, theft of office stationary, and war crimes under the Geneva Convention. Such a sad day.

But let us put these unfortunate events behind us! Fall comes at us like a runaway cart, and Season 23 approaches! The sacred pitches are at this very moment being prepared. The elves are laying moss, the Orcs scattering rocks, and humans painting very straight lines, and the goblins burying landmines! Soon, soon! It shall begin. It will begin. It always begins! OBBA! OBBBA!!!!!! OBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

<the crowd erupts! OBBAAAAA! OBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAA! OBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAA!>

Season 23 Begins

Season 23 of OBBA has begun. This year we have a record number of new coaches, so please read the rules below (and older coaches, please refresh your knowledge)

Rounds: each round lasts 10 days. Sometimes you get a bonus day, but do not count on this. Please PM your opponent ASAP to arrange a time to play your scheduled match. Remember that OBBA games are typically played in UK/Euro evenings. MLS games are typically played in the EST-PST evenings. Please be polite in your negotiations, and remember that real life can be an issue.

You are expected to play out the season. Promotion and relegation is a live matter for most divisions. Quitting mid-season will get you barred from OBBA, and from other leagues on FUMBBL too (League admins compare notes about coach reliability, just so you know).

Extensions: will be given rarely. If you are having trouble arranging a game, please add me (Pythrr) to the PM trail so I can see who has been making an effort. If I have to make forfeits, these will stand as 2-0 wins for the team who has made an effort. In the event that both teams have made a clear effort to play the game, Pythrr may choose to award a 0-0 draw. All decisions are final.

Optional Rules: OBBA uses a few. You can see them in the client options when you play a game. We use the following: Fouling is +1 when not in a TZ; PO does not stack with other skills; right stuff negates tackle when blocked; sneaky get players are sent to KO box when caught fouling (new this season, because SG needs all the help is can get).

If you have any other queries, please PM Pythrr.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Pythrr, OBBA Presidente-for-life and chief dishwasher-upper.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This season it has been decided that we are going to INCREASE FLUFF.

In order to do this, we are instituting a new rule: the rule of reportage.

WHAT?

Yes, the rule of reportage. Each round, one coach will have the responsibility to write up a report on the games in that round. This does not have to be detailed, but it must cover all games (you don\'t have to watch them, and can make up interesting things if you like, just like the real football press), and comment on the state of the division, famous player deaths, cool stuffs, gossip, etc.

WHY?

Because Fluff is GOOD. We like it. It keeps people in OBBA. And because I said so!

YOU CAN\'T MAKE ME DO IT!

True, I can\'t. However, if you do so, you get one bonus point in the division, Yes, a POINT. That might make all the difference at the end of the season!!!

BUT WAIT, IF WE ALL DO IT, WE ALL GET A POINT, SO NO ONE WINS.

Aha, well spotted. But do you want to be the one coach who does not write up a report? Well, that would suck if you end up losing a title or getting relegated due to that one point!

YOU HAVE OUR BALLS OVER A BARREL, DON\'T YOU.

Yes, yes It do. So write the damn weekly reports.

HANG ON ONE SEC! THERE IS ONE FEWER ROUNDS THAN COACHES! I SEE A FLAW!!!!

We seen young padwan, we will make a league administrator of you yet. In order to give every coach a task, one coach will be tasked with writing a DIVISON PREDICTIONS post! Who is favourites? Who is ripe for the drop? Who has pretty fluffs!

OK, SO WHEN DO I NEED TO DO THIS BY TO GET MY EXTRA POINT?

Five days after the round ends. So, if the round deadline for round 1 is the 10th Sept, the round summary needs to be posted to the OBBA thread by the 15th to get yr point.

THE WHAT THREAD?

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23783

OK, SO WHO IS UP FIRST?

Division Intros/Prediciton: Due Sept 10th at the latest to the OBBA Thread.

Prem: Wotfudboy
Champ: Royston
League 1: Cyrus-Havoc
League 2: DeZigma
Conf. north: Apojar
Conf. south: The_Great_Gobbo
MLS: Cavetroll

BUT I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS!

Message Pythrr, young padwan.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the Elves and Skaaven of the COnfrence South managed to have the inagural match of the season. I'll probably write a match report later, but for now I'm licking my wounds.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3714839