22 coaches online • Server time: 08:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody!

Following this thread :

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23789

This seems a very fun concept to me, and I am looking for a way to make it happen, so I have a few questions :

1)Is there any way to create this kind of roster on FUMBBL? I guess not, but if you got an idea Wink
2) Is there any way to use FFB outside FUMBBL? Some kind of test mode, but with two players connecting maybe?
3) If yes, what is the specific format we must use for the rosters used?
4) Does anyone know of an easy to use and install client that we would be able to use with custom roster?
5) Would that be against site rules to create dummy teams in League just to make a group and keep track of ranking?

Not saying it will happen, but I would like to know if we overlooked an obvious solution Smile

Thanks!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This was all discussed on the first draft thread I believe.

In short though the answer to your first 2 questions is no. For the longer version seek out the original thread.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@Haverstmouse

I think you gave me answer in PM, not in that thread. If you allow, then i will copy it here. (I just dont want to post personal items without specific allowance.)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine, I remember Garion being involved though, which wouldn't have been the pm. No links however.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So the advice from harvestmouse was as follows:

"However on FUMBBL it would be impossible or near on impossible. With Botocs you could do it pretty easily, but then you'd need someone to set up a proxy IP to use, get everyone on java 5, and/or teach people to direct connect. You'd probably need a website too.

Best bet for this sort of thing would be to contact funnyfingers and see if he would be willing to host it on stuntyleeg"

I have already contacted said funnyfingers, and now waiting for the answer.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be possible to do this in test mode. You just need a team with the right number of players and then change the skills/stats accordingly. See this thread: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23644 for more details.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
It would be possible to do this in test mode. You just need a team with the right number of players and then change the skills/stats accordingly. See this thread: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23644 for more details.

I thought test mode was only local, but if it isn't, that may be our solution! Very Happy

We just create a bunch of CPact teams and work from there though it would be a bit tedious.

I don't know about botocs : is it CRP? Isn't direct connect possible?

@HM: What about point 5? do you think it would be OK to create that kind of group on FUMBBL?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, test mode isn't just local, it should totally work. You'd need to manually change each team at the start of each game, and manually record results, so it'd be a bit of work, but doable.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if the test mode would be the solution, then i would change the player pool.

I would take a team that has lots of different players, would then design variants of the players on the roster, then we could play in test environment. The design would most possible include 1 add on on each player. A rough example so that easy to understand. I take human team, which has the following positionals:
ogre
blitzer
catcher
thrower
lineman
Would tinker with each positionals. An example of that tinkering for blitzer would be:
1. blitzer with tackle
2. blitzer with dodge
3. blitzer with ag4
4. blitzer with frenzy
Variants for Ogre could be
1. ogre with prehensile tails (kroxi-like)
2. ogre with frenzy (minotaur-like)
3. ogre with guard

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

the.tok wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

1. I thought test mode was only local, but if it isn't, that may be our solution! Very Happy

We just create a bunch of CPact teams and work from there though it would be a bit tedious.

2. I don't know about botocs : is it CRP? Isn't direct connect possible?

3. @HM: What about point 5? do you think it would be OK to create that kind of group on FUMBBL?

1. Test mode isn't just local, as the client isn't local, it's site based. Personally I think it'd be too much of a pain doing this for each match.

2. Botocs is lrb 6, I'm pretty sure. Certainly lrb 5+.

3. That is fine. You are quite free to do what you want (gamingwise) in League. As long as you aren't pimping teams to then hit the open or another league environment, feel free to do what you want.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Test mode works. Cowhead and I played a game using my secret league rosters using it, though you can't change icons or player pics, but you can do the rest.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How long does it take to change a team completely?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I will try this week end to see if that is manageable or not through test mode.
Even playing 1 match with the drafted teams could be fun Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I tried to see how tedious it would be to edit a standard human team to match my drafted team.

At first I thought it wouldn't be so bad, even started to build a calc sheet for the commands needed to transform the roster.
Generating the lines seems doable, as the pattern is quite easy, and you can mass change stats/skills.

Then came the bad news : for whatever reason, I found no way to copy/paste command lines from my sheet to FFB in test mode. It seems like the clipboards are seperated. If any of you java experts know a way around... Sad
Garion : did you type them all? or did you not have the same problem I did?

I arrived at around 30 command lines to change the whole roster, maybe 25 if optimized. That seemed barely acceptable for a serie of copy/paste, but typing them all seems really too much

So unless someone comes up with a way, test mode is not an option.

I'll try another option and report... Wink
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2013 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about your sheet to FFB specifically, but normally you can paste with ctrl+v into the client, just not with mouse clicks.