18 coaches online • Server time: 08:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What statment is most true?
C3I2 is really really smart
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
C3I2 works really really hard, and does not spend all day playing online games
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
US Universities gives everybody an A these days (unlike WHEN I went to College)
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
C3I2 picked a subject he already knows (that lazy bum)
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
The university uses this course as a marketing tool to recruit students to go and spend more money taking classes with them
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Midterm results are inversly correlated with online gaming
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Who cares, I want to hear more about Coriolanus
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got a perfect score on something called a midterm. This is in essence a new thing to me since we don't really have them at university in my country of origin. The concept is that you have a test on the material for about half the course, right in the middle of it.

Now without me telling anything about the subject what is most likely true?

Oh yes, I almost forgot, anyone for high level elfbowl? I got a few hours over all of a sudden! PigStar-69 beat me easily, so I figure I really need to brush up vs Woodies, instead of my normal DE vs DE games.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be in off-topic, not general chat.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you move it?
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2013 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So, is off-topic for non BB stuff?
Anyway gratz C312.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2013 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

you in North America? Why?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2013 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cant edit the poll, to change the spelling. Locked? I guess you got to write a couple of those generalized tests to see the humour of the alternatives.
---
Now its moved though.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2013 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to grade this thing.

1) I am really really smart, but while this is true, its not something that can be deduced from my score.

2) Clearly false, and the information is given by the medium of posting. I´.e. I spend a lot of time here!

3) While there is a well known grade inflation in most of the US, there is no information given that can support this claim here as only my score is given in the question. So wrong choice again.

4) The fact is that I picked a subject that I partially "know" or rather, the quantitative parts of the course is really easy for me, but the calculations in themselfs are new. But as I did not state anything about the content of the course, this is the wrong answar, based on lack of verifiable background information.

5) My mailbox content somewhat support this, suspicion of mine, but alas that content is not posted here. Now even if I put up my mail content, this would only be supportive information of their intent. As far as this go, I would not be able to disprove either assumption (its marketing, or its not marketing); as we all Good Popperians know we have to do.

6) While midterm results probably are inversely correlated to on-line gaming, this cant be deduced from this sample of one, a perfect score and a lot of on-line gaming. So, this is false as well.

7) Since all other alternatives are false choices, this leaves the last alternative as the correct one! When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Also, is it indeed possible to get enough posts to read about Coriolanus, one of the most prominent Dark Elf teams on Ranked?

So, four of you got it right!
 Jump to: