46 coaches online • Server time: 00:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Original Post:
What would be quite helpful is a rookie team for each race - these could then be used as the basis for building teams in test mode. Do these exist anywhere?

Edit:
Collectively people will create a basic team called e.g. Test (or [Test]) Amazons for each race that the owner will not use (Ranked or League division). This should contain all positionals and no team accessories (Rerolls, Apo etc). When you create one post its number below and I will update this list. These can then be used in test mode. To use one of these teams I have replaced the XXX in this address with the team code, so the links below should work directly: http://fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?id=XXX

When you click on the links below it will start a game with the team shown. Call it test:something and you should be able to play! Kids are pulling at my arms now, but will flesh this idea out more later.

Amazons - 745811
Chaos Pact - 745814

Last edited by sann0638 on %b %30, %2013 - %21:%Jul; edited 10 times in total
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

... But there is no standard rookie team for each race. How would this work?
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Having said that, would it actually be a useful resource to have one (or more) of each team as an available resource for testing? There are 24 teams, 2 of each makes 48 slots to fill, plus there's stunty... Or would one of each be enough? Or three?
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Good question. It probably wouldn't. But in test mode you can kill players automatically, so I suppose what I would like is a team with full positionals then linemen to make it up to 16, rather than a rookie team.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the starting roster suggestions in the help section, there are 90. That seems like quite a lot, I can't host 90. But I could make 72 (3 for each team). And they would then be available for anyone to use in test mode.

So what would be good? Starting rosters full of positionals with no rerolls or cheerleaders? Or actual viable starting rosters? So for example, Orcs with a troll, Orcs with no troll, Orcs with a troll and goblins; and so on for each race. Dwarfs with deathroller, dwarfs without deathroller, etc.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

or, if you´re lazy you just don't field them rather then hitting the kill switch.
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

bearing in mind that this team has to be legal in terms of team creation Smile
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the offer cthol - it might be a case of creating them in a "neutral account", created for the purpose by admins. I don't know if they are able to create "non-legal" teams either?

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

don't know about a neutral account, you'd have to ask admins, but if people in general thought this would be a useful resource to add, then I'd be happy to do it: I have 79 slots I'm not using and am unlikely to ever need them.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks - I've asked admins if I can make an account just for this purpose, seems neater somehow Smile Might take you up on the offer of creating teams though, as it seems quite labour intensive unless you know a quick way?

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, no quick way Smile
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If the neutral account is possible i'd definitely make teams, that would be fun. Let me know how it works out. I think it could be a cool community resource. It would be great to have a link in the team roster page to a team with that starting roster, ready to play, so new players could jump right in and play a test game with a team already designed. The link could automatically launch the client in test mode.
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:
If the neutral account is possible i'd definitely make teams, that would be fun. Let me know how it works out. I think it could be a cool community resource. It would be great to have a link in the team roster page to a team with that starting roster, ready to play, so new players could jump right in and play a test game with a team already designed. The link could automatically launch the client in test mode.

Very cool Idea Smile

That would also be handy to test rosters to see what suits you, etc

If needed, I can give a hand to create those teams Wink
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. It's a no from admins on a separate account for the moment however.

For the moment, perhaps if anyone who wants to put a rookie team on their account that they won't use, I can create a list in the opening post of this thread of the team names. Maybe call the team "Test Chaos","Test Dwarves" etc.

The team number is then the last 6 digits of the address of the team, for example
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=721434 would be 724134.

One way of getting all the positionals in would be to make a team without any rerolls (this should work for most). Rerolls are the easiest to add in test mode.

And maybe post here when you start creating, so that effort is not duplicated! I'll start with Amazons.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Done. Thinking of player names is the most arduous bit! http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=745811

Jump to: