50 coaches online • Server time: 20:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Match records appear to be incorrect compared to the old ones.

Are the CRs in the match reports correct now?

It would be nice to have CR back.

Why do I only one rating where your (Christer) page has three?

Personally I'd like to swap 'matches' and 'statistics'.

If you go to more -> settings, you can change stuff, like for instance, what rankings appear on your home page.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, cool!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah, go to settings, at the bottom right you can choose two races/divisions to display rank for. And tourney wins you can still find on your old profile page if you click the top menu bar link instead of going via your coach page.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Correction. Very cool.

I was assuming that the old profile page is not long for this world.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

A small and annoying bug.

Each time you go to Settings the "Minimum number of blog entries by friends" sets by default to 4, so you need to change it each time you want to modify anything else. It doesn't happen with the regular blog entries.

Last edited by Kharnete on Aug 10, 2013 - 02:18; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, ninja-ed by Hito on the settings, and yes, I'd imagine the old profile still being reachable won't last long.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, I like it a lot!

A few things I like right away:
*CR being less obvious is great.
*Clear breakup of team divisions (R, B, etc.)
*Overall layout seems to make better use of space and till looks clean (to my eyes).

Ideas for improvement:
*Team status icons for P and N are both a pale yellow, which I find hard to distinguish from the green of ready teams, though I'm partially colorblind. Any chance those could be differentiated more without making it look ugly? I hesitate to suggest colors because I am not good with them.

*Statistics tab still has the older black box outline, which doesn't fit with the rest of the overview. Also: Have more statistics! </pipe dream>

And these last two aren't layout related at all, but just thoughts that occur to me as I look closely at the layout with fresh eyes:

*I would love to have the scheduled against opponent info include either the actual day of the week spelled out, or a count down clock "10:32 to kickoff" after the listed time. I find that even with most people being good most of the time regarding timezones and such, sometimes people start with a time late on a Friday and push it back to a time technically on Saturday without changing the date (or something like this) and games are missed. Having a kickoff countdown or day of the week staring me in the face would be great.

*I find the "recent matches" box worth an occasional look but mostly ignore it. However, I think it would be REALLY useful if it could be filtered with a few simple filters. I'd suggest matches:
    played by friends
    in a league you were in
    tournament matches

Anyway, thanks for the update - I think the new look is quite slick!

(using chrome 28.0.1500.95m on a Win7 PC)
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kharnete wrote:
A small and annoying bug.

Each time you go to Settings the "Minimum number of blog entries by friends" sets by default to 4, so you need to change it each time you want to modify anything else. It doesn't happen with the regular blog entries.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Can you do further testing and try to isolate what causes this?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

...and the old profile has gone. Sorta glad I hadn't won any tournaments now.... sorta.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:35
FUMBBL Staff

happygrue wrote:
Team status icons for P and N are both a pale yellow, which I find hard to distinguish from the green of ready teams, though I'm partially colorblind. Any chance those could be differentiated more without making it look ugly? I hesitate to suggest colors because I am not good with them.

You can now change the team list to sort by team status before name, which should alleviate this problem to an extent.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I'm unable to reproduce this. Can you do further testing and try to isolate what causes this?

I've started from scratch (reversing all the changes I did), and no matter what I do or change (and I've tried to change a lot of things), each time I go to Settings there is a "4" on the Minimum Friends Blogs.

It happens on Firefox, Chrome and IExplorer too, so doesn't look a cache problem (saved it with a 0 in one browser, and after go for first time to Settings with a new one the 4 was there).

I can't figure why is happening apparently only to me (asked to some guys and they don't have the problem neither), but I'm not sure what else I could check or try.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not just you Kharnete, I get it resetting to 4 too. And yes, it seems to happen every time, I can't isolate anything specific.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems only to reset if you enter 0

Same with maximum number of blogs if you enter over 20

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

Ok, that is something I didn't think of, lol. These aren't hours for testing.

And yup, seems only happens with 0 on Friends Blogs.

Last edited by Kharnete on Aug 10, 2013 - 02:46; edited 2 times in total
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:45
FUMBBL Staff

Overhamsteren wrote:

Fixed.
 Jump to: