88 coaches online • Server time: 22:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to list someone in multiple groups on your friends list? I like to list the people who are in the leagues I play in, so that I can see if they are online for a spontaneous game, and some coaches (cough *bill* cough) are in many leagues.

That being said, I love love love the customizability! Thank you Christer!

Edit: Also, is there a way to save a group, even if you currently have no friends in it? (I would like one for 'current major', and I then list whomever I am currently matched against; but this obviously leaves it empty most of the time, and the default seems for the group to disappear if you don't have at least one friend in it when you exit the 'manage friends' page.)

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %10, %2013 - %03:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
C3I2

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I got two possible errors.

I tried to send a PM from a coach page, and it seems like it is non existant.

Also, before my own page updates I sometimes get, cant find (my coach page) popup.
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 02:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
I got two possible errors.

I tried to send a PM from a coach page, and it seems like it is non existant.

Also, before my own page updates I sometimes get, cant find (my coach page) popup.

I have fixed the first one, and at least some instances of the second problem. If you get "page not found" messages, please provide a link to the page you were on, and which link you clicked.
huff

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This is kind of small but is there Anyway to get links from blog comments to work?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The new page has no way to view retired teams (possibly intentional, but I can't imagine why), and no link to create a new group (surely unintentional?).

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

just curious, how can we set the "short league message here" that appears on all leagues?

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i am aware the world has moved to a 'small movable, customisable boxes' vibe for everything so i suppose the redesign is a good thing and keeps fumbbl looking current.

So i approve.

personally though i wasn't yet used to the last redesign and missed several things from 'classic' fumbbl. Similarly it will take me longer than this design lasts to get used to it.

My current issues:

Tourneys won list gone from profile page, and profile page gone effectively) As this list of 'official fummbl stuff you won' was a key prize and incentive for tourneys, i am missing it hugely, and not just because i had a REALLY long list.

Removal of CR. I miss it already, i did watch the number if only to see my current form. I also sometimes enjoyed checking out the top 10/30. No idea if that still exists or how to access it.

Sending a PM is now another click away. Which makes it harder for tourney admin communication, and for coaches to communicate with their tourney admins. Admittedly only 1 click harder, but it feels like a step backwards.

Without CR i cant access the 'CR graph' which was kind of cool in about 5 ways. tracking your development, reviewing the past, showing others that its possible to get better, comparing to others.

I am now a super-star, when i was a legend, which i find confusing as I havnt played any games. i despise the generic labels in general, and really dont see what they offer us.

I found the 'settings' page eventaully, but cant get the 'display custom rankings' thing to work.

The homepage advert, a key way i communicate tourney news, is now all but invisible.

The ability to remove news from your homepage makes tourney communication even harder. ( i am VERY old school and would still have everyone go to the actual fumbbl homepage/frontpage before going to their personal page, but i realise thats an age gone by)

I think the new colour scheme is very unattractive, like looking at accountancy software.

gamefinder still displays a coaches 'rating' but for what? for CR? does that still exist? for R cr? for the race? for whatever they chose as their prefered display measurement?

It all seems to be 'tighter'. smaller font? but i did make me consider junking everything except teams from my homepage.

In settings it took me a while to work out that Overview layout refered to other coaches and homepage layout to me, or is it the other way around? Could 'real english' have been used instead: 'other coaches pages look like this' and 'your page looks like this'?

I am sure its all clearer and easier, but i can't find anything.

But i shall try to launch in with abandon, and await the next exciting change of everything

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work. Very cool.

On the about page, when I try to change my timezone it says something like "cannot find page:fumbbl php". Sup with that?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can the Friends box columns be spread a little further apart? The name in the 2nd column is smack up against the time offline for the 1st column.

I second the comments about the color scheme/contrast... I'd like the option to have to boxes use a transparent background showing text over the standard beige of the background. (forgot to mention that I use the Pastel theme).

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %10, %2013 - %05:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

I've taken out the numeric CR from coach pages.

Step 1.

Step 2...

Take it out completely everywhere Smile
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked
WOW all that white is so bright & a bit harsh on the eyes.
Not sure how I feel as a whole, I like some things I dislike some things.
As always, though, thanks for putting in the work Christer.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

When i try to create a new team and click on the race nothing happens. It just freezes up and doesnt work.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Every time I go to a coach page, select send PM on the menu, I get the effect of no message sent and : popup - unable to find fumbbl.php
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I find that going into account and changing the theme to agressive2 seems to not be too hard on the eyes and a lot of the stuff purplechest was looking for seems to be on the left hand column.

Last edited by gamelsetlmatch on %b %10, %2013 - %05:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/p/championship

What is this?

Jump to: