37 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's with regret that I inform any fans of my Gods of Valhalla team is no more, due to the death of my legend snow troll Odin https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=7870072 and super star beserker Loki iii https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8276950
both were key killers in the team and i think they'll be missed (at least by anyone wanting a fresh batch of bodies which were often found in their opponents dug outs)

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You should've taken the game vs me instead. Smile
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most fumbblers have been there, wanting to retire a team after a particulary awful game. In my experience it helps to wait a few days before deciding what to do, or you might regret your actions.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the team had about 10k in the bank
only positional left was a -MA beserker
only other 'good' player was a simple ag4 guy
that team at one point had about 5 ag4 guys and an ag5
i wont regret that retirement, i got another norse team just coming up behind them so, won't be long before i'm back where i was Smile Nuffle willing of course

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing at Ranked coaches crying after the game they "picked" hasn't gone the way they would have liked. Too bad, you need to rebuild. Isn't it the constant fun of playing in Blackbox? For me, it is. Having 5x ag4 or ag5 in a team at the same time simply sounds "Ranked" to me.

Hang tight, look foward, start rebuilding. Stop such team retirement.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that was sensible. Far far far too much fend in that team for it to compete. Still sad to see the team retired though Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo to retiring teams

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse are one of the teams that can do decently enough just with linemen, you could have kept goign if you wanted to.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is no bueno sir.

Hellbound Charioteers had 0 players left at one point and did they retire?

Blood Sea Buccaneers had only Krikack on the team at one point, did they retire?

Starting fresh is sometimes the best thing for a team. A new start and a shot at making an even better team than the one before it.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer a few comments:
I wasn't 'crying' over the loss of the players or the team, it is BLOODbowl afterall.
The team held no interest for me when I have another doing better with a better mix of skills etc.
Keeping a team for the sake of rebuilding it holds no interest for me.
Anyways back to the pitch!

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, well then I guess its not even worth mentioning the team being retired to begin with :p

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
ersatzniere

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I think that was sensible. Far far far too much fend in that team for it to compete.

Why´s that?
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Because fend is a skill that works well at high TV. Having a TV 1200 team with 200k worth of fend is a recipe for disaster.

I think that if you have to play a few games with only J-men to save up some cash, you could do a LOT worse than 11 norse J-men.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What sage said but even at high tv it's very questionable imo. It goes like this with av7 'haha I fended your block so you can't pile on, shame mighty blow killed me anyway.'

At high tv with Norse I would rather have 4 rookie linemen than 200k of fend. Concentrate all skills on your good players. Keep guard linemen about but the rest of the linemen are better off as expendable rookies imo, apart from a few dp for sticking the boot in.

Block on all men should do a decent job of keeping you standing. Get surfing every chance you get , snow troll for cpomb goodness. Simples.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
What sage said but even at high tv it's very questionable imo. It goes like this with av7 'haha I fended your block so you can't pile on, shame mighty blow killed me anyway.'

And then against teams/players without piling on, it's a borderline dead skill. I mean, the same's true of tackle against a team with no dodge, or claw against an AV7 team, but at least those skills have massive, world-changing effects against teams that DO have those skills. Fend would be situational even if piling on was a regular thing most teams had.
 Jump to: