50 coaches online • Server time: 12:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If I use hypnotic gaze on a player with guard successfully, the gazed player still uses the guard skill to assist in a block Sad . I don't think this is correct, but maybe I am mistaken Question

Perox.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Read Guard, A player with Guard always assisits.
Having no TZ doesnt stop you from being able to give as assist.

There are 3 conditions to giving as assist:
1) Must be Standing
2) Must be NEXT to the OPPOSING teams player taking part in the Block
3) Must NOT be in a TZ of an opposing teams player

Guard means that '3' is ignored... so assuming the other 2 are true, then player will provide as assist.

Being Hypnotic Gazed/Bone Head/Really Stupid... all the same thing, if the player has Guard, he will still give assists.

---Korhil
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Korhil. I have read guard and the whole rulebook for that matter. Smile

But since I noticed that my ogre (not a guard) does not assist when he is boneheaded, even when not in TZ of other players except the blocking player, I reckoned gaze worked in the same way, and it does, gazed players do not assist a block (if not in the TZ of player other than blocking player). But players with guard do assist when gazed/boneheaded/stupified.

This does not compute in my opinion. Confused

I suggest to make it so that either guards do not assist when gazed/boneheaded/stupified, or make it so that all players keep their assisting abilities when gazed/boneheaded/stupified.

Perox.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Client does it all correctly...

set up:

OL
BB

where O is an Ogre... L is some dude... and B is dudes from the other team
and B & L have equal ST

If the Ogre is NOT Bonehead is a 1db (Obviously)

If the Ogre IS Boneheaded its a 2 db for the B's
this follows all the rules
The Ogre is in a TZ, so he cannot assist.
which ever B isnt blocking and wants to assisnt can, because they are standing, are next to the opposing player being hit, and are not in a TZ from any other opposing player

If the Ogre had Guard and WAS Bonehead then it would be a 1 die block again for different reasons to the first scenaro tho...
B and L are equal St... the other B can assist because he is not in a TZ... but the Ogre can also assist because he has GUARD.

if the Ogre is NOT BoneHead and had GUARD... then it is a 2 db with the L players choice.
The B can no assist cos his in the Ogres TZ... but the Ogre can assist because he has GUARD.

Easy Smile

---Korhil
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

O
B
L

O=MyOgre
B=Opponent dude str3
L=My Lineman str3

If Ogre isn't boneheaded, itsa 2 dice block for My Lineman
If Ogre is boneheaded, it should stay a 2 dice block, in stead it becomes a 1 dice block.

This is my complaint Neutral . Actually I would prefer guards to lose their assist when gazed, but it's really a matter of taste and interpretation. Mr. Green

Personally I would rewrite the assisting a block rules to make it so that player must have a TZ in order to assist in a block, but hey, I don't make the rules.. Laughing

Perox.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno wot your on about...

O
B
L

If L & B have even ST then if L Block B its 2 die reguarless of the Ogre being Bonehead or not...

---Korhil
Perox

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wot I'm on about is that it doesn't work the way you say. If the ogre is boneheaded, he does not assist. I might be mistaken about this, so I will test this tonight. Maybe I'm wrong and the heat of the game(s) was too much for me and my vision too blurred or something.... Neutral I will let you know...

Perox.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Korhil is correct. A BH/HG/RS (etc) player loses their TZ. They STILL lend assists as normal as long as they are standing and in no OTHER TZs.

What needs to be clarified, it seems, is that a player without a TZ cannot stop OTHER players adjacent to them from assisting (ie they count as NOT being in a TZ).

Consider (all standing):
O=Ogre w/Guard, ST5, Boneheaded
x=opponent, ST3
y=Attacking opponent, ST3
@=Player being Blocked, ST3

O x
y @

y has a 1db on @, because x is not in any TZ except for the player being Blocked (the Ogre has no TZ), but the Ogre has Guard and is standing.

If the Ogre didn't have Guard, y would have a 2db on @, because the Ogre is in a TZ OTHER than the Attacking opponent, and x isn't in any TZ except for the player being Blocked (again, the Ogre has no TZ).

A player with no TZ lends assists EXACTLY AS PER THE RULES, except they cannot stop other players adjacent to them from assisting (because they are no longer in a TZ). Therefore, a player with no TZ is both negated from assisting, and completely unable to stop opposing assists, by simply moving an opposing player next to him, unless he has Gaurd (in which case he can still assist, but cannot prevent players adjacent to him from assisting).

The client works precisely in this manner. Hopefully this makes it more clear to you.
 Jump to: