60 coaches online • Server time: 23:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen alot of teams latly running around with 11players and huge goldstash 500k+. They mostly have one thing in they share and that is that they have 2-3players with alot of damage skills. Im just wondering do people actually think its fun to decide the game in the 3-4first turns of a game. Running with no bench at all and just hope for some good cas dice and then maul your opponent to the ground. This sort of of teambbuilding takes away the skill of the coach in the game from my point of view. I like to specc games but i do it because i want to see some nice plays. I dont spec just to see carnage. Sure its fun to see alot of blood but the skill factor in a game is seriously limited when players are flying left and right. Best games for me to spec and play is the ones were its a tight game for position all the way. With the amount of damage skills around for any team these days i must say i find the game less and less fun to spec and play as the skillfactor is going lower and lower. It dosent matter if you are a good coach if your opponent has abit of luck and removes 1-2players from the field every turn.

This wont change anything but seriously next time you get a skill can you atleast think of something outside the box for a second and build some fun players. Not just what makes the most amount of damage for the least amount of gold.

And no i this is not a post just because ive lost alot of players latly. Can ask Painstate how much i enjoyed our last game Laughing
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to crp.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not fun at all.

But the mechanics of CRP make this an effective and winning strategy in a TV matched environment.

One can hardly blame people for trying to win in what is nominally a competitive environment.

This is why, once again, League is much more fun.

So come join OBBA. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
No, it's not fun at all.

But the mechanics of CRP make this an effective and winning strategy in a TV matched environment.

One can hardly blame people for trying to win in what is nominally a competitive environment.

This is why, once again, League is much more fun.

So come join OBBA. Smile

Its not fun at all yet you do it yourself?

Masochist much? Smile

Beyond that the point is if you don't like it, don't do it, unfortunately this also means you probably can't play in Box unless you are also a masochist, or unless you really want to have a Box Major team.

Otherwise, yes, find an L or two which are run in a manner you will enjoy and sign up. Depending on what time zone you are in there are several good ones to choose from.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Licker, in a competitive environment (which, according to site lore, both R and B are), one must (according to site law) endeavour to win. CRP demands TV efficiency in a TV matched environment, so this is what one does. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think 12 players is more efficient for teams with cheap linos, given the premium on non-stacking skills and the regularity with which rookie fodder go out. One Apo for BH/KO and one body, that's just enough fat for most non-elfy AV7-AV8 teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Does OBBA run an Open League?

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah. no. We are too organized for such frolics.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Depressing read.
This is prevalent in every fumbbl division. Gimmicky [L]eagues and all-regen teams are pretty much my last retreat, as I don't enjoy making teams like this or playing against them without regen.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't like those sorts of games, play ranked and avoid them. Simples.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think this meandering thought that Diddyboy threw out is actually 3 "things" that he feels is out of wack.

1)This idea of 11 or 12 man teams. Well they are not the most effiecent teams a 16 man roster is better. Because they can absorb damage and not get shormanned. Also has reserves so you can foul back and put him in a shormanned scenario and not worry about getting shormanned yourself from ejection.

BUT

They are the best type of teams in terms of TV...and because R and B match by TV...you have your answer why some coaches meta game the TV line. So this is in the end a FUMBBL issue not a CRP issue.

2)Teams that load up on the MB/PO and Claw dynamic. Well now those skills are normal skill choices. IF your team has S/M access it is only logical to take them since they are the best hitting skills coupled with they are the cheapest skills for TV. In the end they give you the best TV bang for your skill buck. So you couple that with #1 of attempting to have 0 TV waste and now you have the best line up that can remove opponeets players fast.

So this is a CRP issue, the new TV dynamic of team building with some FUMBBL matching sauce thrown on top.

3)The cry for some variety in player skill up paths. Now Iam all for taking off the wall skills and coupling them with other off the wall skills. But in the end I also acknowledge the fact some players need these X,Y,Z skills first to be effecitve at their job. So Iam left with only 1 or 2 skills to play with. But it always seems to get derailed by a double or +Stat on the guy. Or he gets killed or retired so in the end Iam always rinsing and repeating the same skill builds looking for variety but can never actually achieve that goal.

As much as I want to take a off the wall skill choice when I look at the list for a new skill and I see Block/MB/G/PO/T/dodge sitting there that I need and I just cant seem to select fend/shadowing/leap etc....instead of one of the former skills.

This is a CRP TV issue at its heart. Do I select MB for +20 TV or Shadowing for +20TV? They both have the same cost but one is way better bang for your TV buck over the other.

Now in all honesty this dynamic was the same under LRB4. Sure the TR issue and FUMBBL's TS issue were there. But at its core it was the same debate. Do you take shadowing over Mighty Blow? You do for variety but variety comes at a cost on the pitch. And most coaches are not willing to pay that cost when the game is on the line.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Licker, in a competitive environment (which, according to site lore, both R and B are), one must (according to site law) endeavour to win. CRP demands TV efficiency in a TV matched environment, so this is what one does. Smile

That was never my point. If you don't find it to be fun then why do you do it? It's not as though you are forced to play Box.

I think you do find it to be fun personally, all of your comments to the contrary aside. But that's more about the stupidity of the lame meme crowd than anything else.

Again, in my opinion Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

Rank is rife too its sad to say.

League is the only place left to go.

Or Stunty Leeg.

Also please dont stop having 11 man teams, my 16 man fling team loves it Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

Rank is rife too its sad to say.

League is the only place left to go.

Or Stunty Leeg.

Also please dont stop having 11 man teams, my 16 man fling team loves it Razz

But in ranked, you can choose to avoid them.

As for 11 man teams, my Nurgle like meeting them too!

Sadly, I struggle to get above 11 with my Elves Sad
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2013 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Depressing read.
This is prevalent in every fumbbl division. Gimmicky [L]eagues and all-regen teams are pretty much my last retreat, as I don't enjoy making teams like this or playing against them without regen.

There are hardly any teams like this running around stunty. Some high av teams like gnome and nurgle, but easy to click the no against them.

Ranked you can always put your team up and see what bites, not all teams are like this in ranked.

BRT isn't really doing much business as a supplier, I'm thinking about opening it's doors as an out and out league again, with open leagues that are found in chat. Teams there would definitely prevent this sort of team build.

And.........I have my doubts about how serious this topic was meant to be.
 Jump to: