38 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I've applied Pro Elves to a couple different Smack bands this week. If you're needing some easy casualty SPPs, get signed up too!

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

any Smacks for September?

Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SMACKs or Scheduled SMACKs? I think Scheduled SMACKs are running well... Probably a bit less interest due to the LC, but the draw in two weeks should be a good one again, I believe.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

umh, I'll be away from the 3rd to the 20th september...

Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So, from yesterday on? :-O

Seems perfect timing - Scheduled SMACKs should get popular again right as you return. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I was excited about scheduled smacks (returned from a bit of a hiatus), it saddened me to see that despite submitting a team to each TV category, only one TV category had enough teams to start a smack... And obviously it was the TV category I was least competitive in Smile.
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2015 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, with Piggstar and Emphasy left, there is 2 less players in every tournament Laughing
Don't worry, this week there was the UI draw, next week should be better.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2015 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed this morning that it's been at least 2 weeks since any new SMACKs started. I always check shadow's blog post on Tuesday to see how many have applied to each band. However, I have not entered any teams the past two weeks for one simple reason: too busy with majors/minors/RRRs. To expand on that, I have to leave my weekends open to play coaches in these tournaments because of timezone differences. If I knew for certain that I would be scheduled against coaches near my own timezone (North America in this case), I would enter more SMACK tournaments. Perhaps it is time to revisit the idea of holding SMACKs for European, North/South American, and Oceanic time zones? I can't be the only person who is reluctant to enter because of the dread of scheduling half way around the world.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea but how many American Smacks would kick off? Wouldn't you end up meeting the same opponents too often?

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2015 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The main issue I run across when I get online after 9PM central US time is that finding a match is very hit or miss. Most of the time you are looking at the same 3-6 coaches who are online a lot at those times.

So the reality of FUMBBL in North America is that the pool of coaches to play is not that large on a day to day basis during night time prime hours.

The idea of SSMACK in North America would be the appeal of N.America/Canada coaches can now take part knowing they will be scheduled against coaches in the same timezones for prime time hours to play.

Also the idea that the matches are scheduled works in its favor. Now coaches can play scheduled matches in Ranked at normal night time hours.

If this idea was ever taken seriously I think reducing the # of groupings would better serve the N.American SSMACK. Have low TV 0-1300, mid TV 1301-1800 and High TV 1810+.

Then see the response over a 6 month period and adjust or discard into the trash bin of good ideas that were in reality a very bad idea.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2015 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

And i thought i didnt get a draw for ages due to too many applications actually.

Well people apply to the smacks because now is the best time to get a 3 round tourney and great chances for a shiny fumbbl title!

And when we all do indeed, that wont be no more and you'll get drawn against some Roid Rage team or Dorfs ofc in an 4-6 round tourney! Like the logic fumbbl coach?

Come on roll some dice and apply coaches! (and help me winning a damn title! Teaser: if i should win 3 titles i may disappear and relieve fumbbl from the burden of having me as a member! Did all i could to advertise this then i guess.)
OTS

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This week's applicants for Scheduled Smacks are as follows:

Rookie (TW 0-1300): 3
Veteran (TW 1301-1600): 2
Elite (TW 1601-1900): 1
Legend (TW 1901+): 1

If you are interested in joining this week's list of applicants for Scheduled Smacks, please apply here before 6/10 2359PM BBTime -> http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4945&p=members
 Jump to: