23 coaches online • Server time: 03:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Please don't leave the R div!

Its the only LRB div we have left. I would encourage you all to keep your teams in the [R] div, as I fear we'll have masses of teams leaving due to the new changes.

Lets keep [R] as strong as the old [O] was and keep the games going.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep all your existing teams in [R] and make a bunch of new ones in [U], or vise versa.

I agree with BP don't blackball [R] but dont blackball [u] either

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

But as I see it, if you care little for CRanking, then moving all your loved [O] teams to [U] allows them to a) play "open" style LRB compliant matches and b) hop in and out of tournaments as you see fit.

I will have one [R] team - simply as my prestige "rank" team... and my CRanking will rise and fall based on that one teams performance...

Am I reading this right? Is this how it works?

PS - and when I hit bb lfg, what teams come up? Do I need to bb lfg-r or bb lfg-u? And what if some of my [U] teams are in a tournament?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one will be keeping all my teams where they are now. However, with the ten tourney teams thing I'll prolly have a lot more teams to enjoy in an unranked setting. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

But I don't want to play "ranked" games - I had all of my open teams unranked (except my gobbos). I just don't enjoy the type of games that a "competitive" environment (i.e. focused on a coach rating) brings forward. On the other hand I like my current teams, so naturally I moved them to [u].

Yes there will be less games played in [r] than in the current [o] ... but you will get opponents that are as interested in rating as yourself are, which - I assume - is a positive change for those that care about ranking, as well.

Edit:
Quote:
PS - and when I hit bb lfg, what teams come up? Do I need to bb lfg-r or bb lfg-u? And what if some of my [U] teams are in a tournament?

There are being changes made to bowlbot ... essentially at some point only teams not tied up in tourneys will be displayed for [u].

-Mnemon
Twahn

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Bunny's original point is that Non-LRB races are allowed in [T], and presumably will also be allowed in [U].

It's therefor not an LRB complient Division (though I suppose you could just not play the experimentals if you chose to...).
What are the plans in regard to this?

What will happen with DivX?
Will it too become Ranked and Unranked?
Will it be merged with the new Unranked division?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
I think Bunny's original point is that Non-LRB races are allowed in [T], and presumably will also be allowed in [U].

Thats the key point .

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You can chose to not play them, but you will meet teams that have met them. This means that the U division will have the exact problem that the admins have been fighting to keep out of the O division, mainly people playing extremely easy opponent earning easy SPP's.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

But why care? You don't have to play experimental teams, and why bother if the team you play against did? It won't give them any sudden, different skills they can't get via LRB. I can understand that it would make a difference in a _ranked_ division - I don't see it making one in an unranked one.

[u] just will be a division where you play games, for the sake of playing. No matter if they are balanced in tr/ts or not - it is all entirely up to you. I much prefer that kind of freedom to what a ranked division like [r] requires.

What happens with divx, ladder, etc. is not (entirely?) decided upon yet.

-Mnemon
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I say make all [U] LRB compliant and if you want to play experimental rosters in tournaments, the dX should have a tournament function....
Twahn

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
But why care?

Indeed. Why? Smile

I see a new breed of game developing though (please note, not making any judgments on it) as this will provide the Stunty Leeg teams with their first ever opportunity to really get stuck into the Big Boys!! Wink
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

When I played in leagues (table-top) I was always jealous, because my teams would never be in the same conference as the Goblin or Halfling team. When I fainally got to a fianls game, the people who had played against these teams once or twice had a better team yeah, but the skill of the player even if he was good, was not as polished.
So if your dont care about ranking, why would you care about someone elses games, other than the one they are playing in against you? I dont care about ranking and I dont care if I have play in a league with people who may or may not abuse other teams, cause i'm gonna be looking for a close game not whatever team challenges me. Just looking at a combination of Team Rating and Strength, I can usually tell if I'm gonna get my arse kicked or if it will be close.
Basically I think people are making a bigger deal than nessesary about the Unranked division. Embrace it! It will be Blood Bowl at its purest, or whatever you choose to make of it!
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
You can chose to not play them, but you will meet teams that have met them. This means that the U division will have the exact problem that the admins have been fighting to keep out of the O division, mainly people playing extremely easy opponent earning easy SPP's.

None of the non LRB compliant teams are any weaker than halflings. Most of them have more destuctive power what with secret weapons and the like, so it's not like a team that has been playing them is even going to get some unfair advantage.

The Finishing Touch
slackman

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

im currently in the process of trying to disprove this...
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
None of the non LRB compliant teams are any weaker than halflings.

For me it has nothing to do with being weak or not. Personally I don't really care, cause I'm not gonna change. I don't like the idea of experimental teams, which is also why I don't play DivX.

[edit] In my eager I completely forgot... Razz I wrote easy SPP's because there's no rules in U. A 300 TR CD team can play a brand new halfling team and it's legal.

All in all I think it's a sad thing that teams are being "split up" in two; cause that is what's gonna happen as I see it. Some people are gonna stay in R and try and get their ranking up. Some are gonna leave cause they don't want to be in the ranking race. Still others are gonna stay but won't care. I'm failing to see the advantage of the new system.

I'm guessing most people who play now will stay in R, and most newcomers will make their teams in U, unless told otherwise by friends already playing here.