25 coaches online • Server time: 09:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:
In my eager I completely forgot... I wrote easy SPP's because there's no rules in U. A 300 TR CD team can play a brand new halfling team and it's legal.

Yes. And I think that is fine. Why care HOW a team got its spp? Play it or don't, the way somebody gained his spp doesn't effect the game at hand. You chose if you want to play a balanced one or not.

I counter your guess. I am fairly certain a good number will move to [u] ... and a good number will simply enjoy the benefits of both worlds.

-Mnemon
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you're right Mnemon, maybe I shouldn't care. I guess that's part of why I'm staying in divR... cause I do care. Whoever of us is right about how many moves where, I still think we all lose. There will be fewer teams to play against.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

quota wrote:

[edit] In my eager I completely forgot... Razz I wrote easy SPP's because there's no rules in U. A 300 TR CD team can play a brand new halfling team and it's legal.

I don't know where everyone is getting the idea that the code of conduct and fair games rules that have always been in effect are suddenly going to disapear.

The only rule that is different in the Unranked division is that you are free to play your friends more often than in Ranked and the 40 str difference is not a hard limit. The rules that have always applied on balanced games will still apply, no on ever even suggested that they wouldn't.

The Finishing Touch
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough Klipp. I guess all the talk about bashing stunties have somehow convinced me that it was acceptable.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
quota wrote:

[edit] In my eager I completely forgot... Razz I wrote easy SPP's because there's no rules in U. A 300 TR CD team can play a brand new halfling team and it's legal.

I don't know where everyone is getting the idea that the code of conduct and fair games rules that have always been in effect are suddenly going to disapear.

The only rule that is different in the Unranked division is that you are free to play your friends more often than in Ranked and the 40 str difference is not a hard limit. The rules that have always applied on balanced games will still apply, no on ever even suggested that they wouldn't.

So which division do we use for experimental or 'fun' games where we want to play unbalanced games like this? We were told to use T.... now that is U but that isnt ranked but is now still competitive?? What about teams in player run tournaments, are they allowed to play unbalanced games? What about afterwards?

*is really confused now* Embarassed
AbeVigoda

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Klipp;

I'm a bit concerned. I play nearly all of my games amongst friends, and we are trying out new teams. Yesterday, I moved the last of my teams over to the T division, because I was under the impression that no one would be bothered if my T team of new amazons (TR&STR ~100) played my friend's experimental Gnomes (str 65). I considered them just as experimental as his gnomes, as I tend to play bashy teams, and Amazons are quite a change for me.

You're "the code of conduct and fair games rules that have always been in effect are suddenly going to disapear. " quote has me concerned. I play in a fairly closed circle, and we don't play ranked games, in exchange for the extra freedom of playing whoever is on at the moment, and whichever teams they feel like playing. Some of us have goblin cheaters, halflings, gnomes, and I was about to make a fairie team. Are you saying now that I won't be able to play my new fairies team against my friends, because the fairies str will be significantly lower than their teams' str? Will their teams be subject to summary retirement if they do play my fairies?

I didn't have much of a problem with the new rules in O, as they were pretty sensible and didn't harm my friends and I, but now the idea that people will be looking at 'fooling around' games we play and possibly retiring teams is not one I like.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Not quite.

Basically, we take a more lax approach in dealing with that sort of thing in the Tournament (now Unranked) division. Things like that will not be policed as heavily as they were in the open division, but at the same time, it's not "No rules" as some people seem to be imagining.

A good rule of thumb is that if most of your games are reasonably well matched, no one is going to get on your back about some here and there that aren't in the Unranked division, since it is unranked play, but people who are trying to abuse the rules will still be dealt with as they always have before.

The Finishing Touch
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: My previously unranked Open team is now marked [R]. The ranking is NA and on the team page it says Ranking: Unranked.

When will they have a rank? As soon as I play a match with them? And despite their tragic record, will they start with a rank of 150 or will prior matches (all 43 of them) be included...
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Making a divide between the 'competitive' coaches and the 'fun' coaches is no bad thing; the former have been feasting on the latter for too long. However, this talk of 'not so heavily policed' is only creating uncertainty, which is how we came to this huge change in the first place. If it is to be more loosely policed, at least implement a warning system of e.g. yellow and red cards, so that coaches know they have infringed (are IGMEOY, even Smile)

ClayInfinity:I believe that Unranked teams will regain their ranking, which is simply hidden from view; click on the 'Show Development' tab for your team to see what it's ranking really is, on the 'Ranking Development' line graph.
odi

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've been mostly playing my ranked gobbos and flings in open anyway. So I'm not going anywhere.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

So is division x to be a ranked or unranked division? Or will teams in this division still be able to choose?

Oscar Wilde
Mastermind

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the non LRB teams I'm aware of are darn tough. Chaos Pact and Old World are both excellent. Lustrian are OK too.
Doowa

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It's seems the only difference between DivX and [U] will be the lack of ageing, since the other major difference between [O] and DivX is the teams IMO.
[U] reminds me more of an unranked DivX division then an unranked Open division... which is it to be?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

What will be the next change? That we can only use the mouse with our right hand? Only eat pepperoni pizza? Couldnt there have been a vote or something? Like asking people what they think about all this? If all teams will be ranked, many will leave, and those who stay will start cherrypicking on an industrial scale.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

MadMarx wrote:
What will be the next change? That we can only use the mouse with our right hand? Only eat pepperoni pizza? Couldnt there have been a vote or something? Like asking people what they think about all this? If all teams will be ranked, many will leave, and those who stay will start cherrypicking on an industrial scale.

You can choose what division your teams are in.
 Jump to: