34 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which division should the Terrifying Anarchists play in?
Ranked
76%
 76%  [ 52 ]
Unranked
23%
 23%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 68

EvolveToAnarchism

Post 5 Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Which division should they play in?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Celebrate!

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo, you have to rank them. Look at your record, and tell me they don't DESERVE to be ranked.

Plus, everyone in [U] will just try to kill them.
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked. They deserve no less.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I remember you opting them out of ranking when accusations of unfairness started flying ages ago. I think it might be safe to say that it's safe to assume those accusations are long dead.

I imagine Ranked will become the FUMBBL equivalent of the Majors and that's certainly where they belong. Let others worry about actual rankings if they like, that's no need to permanently remove the Anarchists from "The Big League."

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

When I read about the changes, practically my first thought was "What about the Anarchists?" - They are FUMBBL's most prestigious team, and deserve their place in the most prestigious division (*cough*, that's the Ranked division, for those in doubt). Their ranking isn't too shabby, either, from what I can tell of their development graph.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

They should definitly stay in ***open*** they have worked up the ladder in open and have the right to stay at the top

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Put them where *you* think they will get their most enjoyable games. Everything else is senseless.

Acheron_Styx wrote:
Plus, everyone in [U] will just try to kill them.

Well I hope there are enough of us in [U] to prevent turning it in a division like that. I went outright [U] and I guess I won't ever make an [R] team (unless I feel the urge to play some specific race and don't have a free slot in [U] anymore Wink]. I still want to play balanced suspense ridden games, and I am fairly certain that there will be more of those if people DO NOT have to worry about the consequences and what it means to their "ranking".

-Mnemon
mUst

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm evo have played 1000+ games and is still unranked... i realy think thats a thing to consider too
Iolo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the best thing to do with the Anarchists is wait and till every thing settles down then go from there.

iolo
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Neither. Retire that unholy perversion of everything that is good and sane.

Oscar Wilde
boobis

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to go with iolo. Wait and see, then as Mnemon said put them where you think you'll enjoy them the most ...
farung

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When I first joined fumbbl the Anarchists were a myth, or a kind of "the BlodBowl Nirvana" state of a team, the unreacheble if you will. Later I came to realise that being that battered was not perhaps, a good thing. Now I know, that if my teams become battered, they have to be at least as good as the Anarchists to earn the rights to complain....For me they are and will always be the epitome of Fumbbl/BB achievement (with a silver plaque for Fro'de though).

In my dreams they speak to me (with alittle help from Thulsa Doom): My childs, you have come to us my sons. For who now is your origin if it is not us? We are the well spring, from which you flow. When we are gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without us? My sons.

In other words, they need to be ranked, how can I otherwise "measure up" to them?....

And yes.... I do like Conan Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does everyone seem to make a big thing about whether their team is ranked or not, is not exactly a life changing decision, if your rank falls so what, how will it affect you as a peroson, or coach. Just play the games and enjoy yourselves, people who worry about their ranking when there is no prize at stake really need to get out more...
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked the question, not because it was a great life changing event, but because I was curious how the FUMBBL community felt. I haven't seen any convincing arguments for them staying in [R]. So, I'm moving them over to [U] for the following reasons:

[R] is designed with the explicit purpose of Ranking Coaches. [R] is about playing the Coach Rank Hunting Game. This is not a game that I'm the least bit interested in playing.

The Anarchists have the potential to be used abusively by Coach Ranking Hunters. So, to keep those who want to play the Coach Ranking Hunting Game from a potential abuse of the Ranking formula I think it would be best to leave this division.

The Anarchists are all about fluff, they're goal never was to become a benchmark. And I never understood what all the facination about the team has been. It's a sign of my addiction to Blood Bowl and nothing more. The true benchmark of [R] should be the highest Ranked team, not the highest TR team.

[U] is designed explicitly for coaches who want the freedom to have fun anyway they'd like to. A goal that I fully support. The I hope that all the paranoia about [U] will slowly die down and people will realize that their fears of [U] being a joke league were exagerated. I hope moving the Anarchist there will help in that regard.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Good resource