35 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2013 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice league. Smile

You might want to check on the Stand Firm option though. Last time we tried it in a league, it was bugged in a way that the NO dodges failed anymore, just as if all players had Stand Firm. But maybe that's something good in a league of AG 1-3 players? Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri Premier League?

So, are you talking about the Khemrier League, aka the Khemriership?

Where the winner parades in front of the Khemrl, and gets a sponsorship with famous bone chariot maker Tomboota Khemry?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Khemri Premier League?

So, are you talking about the Khemrier League, aka the Khemriership?

Where the winner parades in front of the Khemrl, and gets a sponsorship with famous bone chariot maker Tomboota Khemry?

ah, well, yeah thats the one, well maybe not.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Very interested in joining though would like to be sure if this LRB SF thing is bugged or not before committing to it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

IF the SF rule is bugged like Rabe has pointed out...then KPL will not use that variant.

I will be looking into it.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Zandri Starlight Corsairs have applied to the KPL.

Hailing from the port city of Zandri, uniting all Vampires and Thralls under one flag, to rule over all Undead.

As it was meant to be.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea. Love the fluff. Hate cross-pond match scheduling :/
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate appealed to my love of the dead teams. I play enough undead with my NBFL team and Death is Forever, so khemri it is
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidebar: just a few more teams let's get rolling!!!
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Deep in the heart of the pyramid of Setra a grand council meeting is underway. Khemri Premier League is on everybodies mind.

The room goes silent as supreme Tomb King Setra takes his seat at the head of the table.

Setra: Lords and minnions Iam pleased to report that the KPL has had a very good start so far. We have 7 teams assembled and ready. I have sent out some summons to coaches of high standing who play in far off lands to return to their homland and raise a team for their necropolis.

I have to say though I have some concerns over the format of the KPL kick off season. I think it is wise that we look to the past to make the future better.
Lord Rah-ma can you pull out the ancient manuscript of NUFFLE for us please.

Rah-ma reaches down under the table and lifts a 75lb gold encased manuscript from anicent times. It is dusty and has a bunch of fresh book marks sticking out from the manuscript. The weight is to much and the tome crashes onto the table. Dust billows up and a cyrpt beetle scurries away in the corner.
Through the dust cloud Rah-ma sees Setra staring at him with annoyance.

Setra: I have taken the liberty last night to look back through the anicent rule book and made some bookmarks for you to look at after this meeting. I feel there are areas of the rule book that have been forgotten in this modern time. Lets go through some of these and discuss the ones I believe are the most important.

Rah-ma can you please open the rule book of NUFFLE and read the highlighted section at the front book mark.

Rah-ma carefully opens the book, uttering under his breath, a oath to the God NUFFLE. But the words are all jumbled he cannot read them. Curse you NUFFEL you heathen God he says to himself.

Rah-ma: I apoligize great Lord for the words are in a "tounge" I cannot read.

Setra: You have to be kidding me Rah-ma. That is the anicent text of Nehekhara the first written words of all civilization. Are you not an educated man? How did you rise to such power with out the gift of reading?

Rah-ma: My Great lord I was not blessed with the "gift" until after the fall of the ancient Kingdom. I have never learned to read Nehekhara. I was a thief and a smuggler. I could read ledgers and numbers and I backstabbed my way into your inner council.

Setra gives rah-ma a penetrating gaze and them smiles

Setra: It is wise to be honest with your shortcomings and I appreciate a man who can wield a dagger. Now slide the tome over to me you nit wit and lets get this meeting moving.

Setra open the rule book to the first book mark

Setra: Now according to the ancient texts the pitch is to be 26 paces long and the endzone is supposed to be 2 paces deep. Also there are to be goal posts centered at the back of the endzone for field goals and point after attempts.

Setra looks up at the Lords from over the top of the tome. They all have a questioning look on their faces like he has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

Setra: I see you guys have no idea what the hell Iam talking about. Well KPL action is going to be scene all over the world. It will be a spectacle to behold and I want to remind the world of how Blood Bowl used to be played. By reminding them of what a Blood Bowl Pitch was supposed to look like in the ancient text.

Back Bencher guy: My Lord the dwarfs are the current holders of the official rule book. They amended the rules to take down the goal posts and made the endzone only one pace deep. It is coded into FFB client now.

Setra: And why should I care how dwarfs play Blood Bowl?

Back Bencher guy: Well, you should not, but, there is not much we can do about it now. The client is the client and if you deviate from the client. Well you would have a forum flame war take place, calls for Lord Christers head and the FUMBBL universe would implode on itself.

Setra: Do you honestly believe that when we put up goal posts in the endzone for KPL matches that the FUMBBL universe will implode?

Back Bencher: Well even a discussion of goal posts could rattle some cages. Plus kickers and field goals were written out of the rule book after 2ed official NAF rules.

Setra: Well, all you speak of is true. But you do not grasp the big picture my simpleton friend. By putting up goal posts it will remind the viewers of the past and the glory of Blood Bowl history. I think tommorow we should all take a field trip to the north. There is an ancient pitch from before the fall. It is a regulation field set up to the exact parameteres NUFFLE commanded. That way you can see my vision first hand.

Any more talk of dwarfs and them being the keepers of the official rules and I will blast you to atoms.

Now lets discuss things of real importance.

the room all shuffles in their chairs. This talk of goal posts has some of them discombobulated.
Setra moves on to two more book marks in the rule book

In these sections it talks about confrences, divisons, post season play offs and so forth. Why again are we emulating this dwarf concept of promotion/demotion crap? The anicent text has a hand written note in the margin. It reads: Promtion/Demotion is for pansies and for lovers of ties.

I have to say I agree completly with this graffeti artist who has scribbled in the margins.

Now here is what we are going to do. There are way to many leagues who have bought into the promotion/demotion round robin rubbish. You can find a league like that on every street corner from the Southern wastes to the Northern wastes. It is common drivel for the Blood Bowl masses.

Guy in the Corner: My Lord I beleive you just insulted almost every league of any reputation on FUMBBL.

Setra gives him a dead pan face
Do I look like I care man?

Guy in corner crawls under the table

Setra: Ok, so here is the plan.

The first season of KPL we must first strive to form up as many teams as possible. That is the first goal.

The first season of KPL we are scrapping this Promotion/demotion stuff. We are going one massive confrence of teams.

We are going to play a 8 round swiss format. 2 points for wins 0 points for the lossers. +/-1 pt for TD diffrential and +/- .5 pts on the CAS diffrential, this will give us our tiebreakers and so forth.

Top 4 teams then go to a playoff. Seeded 1 VS 4 and 2 VS 3. The winner of the playoff will be crowned the Victor of the Khmeri Premier league.

Then in the following season if we can roust up enough teams we will move to a 2 confrence league. Playing swiss 8 round matches and matching up the top 2 teams from the 2 confrences in the playoffs.

In the ideal universe I would like to split the 2 confrences between the new world and the old world. Have a confrence for the Euro players and one for the North American/Aussie players.

I beleive a swiss format is new and hip and will drive the dwarfs crazy. Plus the format is ideal with our outlook on life. The winners rise to the top and the losers fall by the wayside like chafe in the wind.

A muffled question from under the table

Setra: Oh stop your mumbling. This will all work out in the end. We will amend the structure of the league as needed in the future. We just have to get up and running first you dolt.

Setra: Ok, last item on the list for today. I have done some poking around and have found out that the Stand Firm optional rule is a little buggy. So that optional rule will be stricken from the KPL rules.

But I feel we have overlooked one optional rule that I feel is mandatory.

The +1 on AV check on fouls rule will be enabled. I feel that the CRP rules have nerfed us for far to long. I do not have the power to harken back to the days of LRB4 but I do have the power to atleast buff the mighty boot by +1. I have spoken and thus it will done.

Some old dude at the far end: My Lord why enact such a rule? It will just open up the old stigma that Khemri has carried for far to long. That we are a race that revels in the DP boot and skeletons and zombies only take DP as their first skill?

Setra: Are you a man of Khemri or some ill begotten git of some Lahmian blood sucker?

Old Dude: I was once a thrall who rose up through the ranks of the nobility and...................

the Old Dudes head is smashed like a pumpkin and his decapitated head rolls down the table. Tomb Lord Setra stands over his headless body with his mighty scepter dripping blood

Setra: Thralls, ill begotten gits of the curse of Nagash. How in the hell did that old dude get in here anyway?

Setra kicks his headless body off the chair and spits on it. Some guy under the table starts crying

Ok, I have hand enough of this. Dont forget tommorow we go on a field trip to the North to check out that pitch of legends.

Lets do a very quick recap.

I want goal posts in the endzone.

First season one massive confrence of teams. 8 game swiss format. 4 Team post season playoff. And then one champion of the KPL and I give the elixir of Immortality to the player with the highest SPP and he joins us on this council and replaces that old dude.

got it?

Setra scans the room as everybody is cowering in fear

Some jack wad in a hoody: Ah sir, you do realize that swiss format will only allow 24 teams in one confrence?

Setra: Iam well aware of the tournament structure man. As I said before and will say again. Until we actually get to 20+ teams Iam not going to worry about it.

Now GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PainState on Nov 06, 2013 - 21:41; edited 1 time in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds like really good fun. I am in!
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Throne room of Tomb King Setra. He sits on his golden throne. He has a far off gaze thinking of his next move for world domination. But he comes out of his slumber as Rah-ma shuffles towards him. Rah-ma prostrates himself on the floor and then rises.

"My Lord the news is great. Your summons for coaches to rally to the banners of Khemri have been heard in all the corners of the world. We now have 11 teams formed up and anticipate a weekend rush of applications to hit the 20 teams mark."

"Very good Rah-ma. We will make a weekend push for applicants and then start up the first season of Khemri Premier League action on Monday, 11/11/13. Send word to the 10 great necropolis's to roust the slaves from their slumbers and restore the old Blood Bowl stadiums."

"My Lord there has been some rumours that there are not 10 but 11 great Necropolis's of Khemri. It seems we have insulted Ka Sabar. They feel they have been relegated to tier 2."

"Well who in the hell said there were only 10 great cities Rah-ma?"

"Well I will admit I was the one who wrote in the announcement that there were 10. But the wiki page I pulled this info off of was wrong."

"Serious, you used a wiki page?"

"It is still early my Lord I will change the verbage and the league page to reflect the 11 great necropolis's. Very few will have noticed this oversight."

"Hold on Rah-ma. I like this. We will use this to our advantage. Keep the verbage 10 great cities of Khemri and when they see we have 11 they will think we are a very progressive league. Always growing and getting stronger."

"But that makes no sense my Lord."

"Ever heard of the Big 10 Rah-ma?"

"No my Lord."

"My God man have you not read the sacred text of NUFFLE from front to back? In the apendix it speaks of a sub sect of Blood Bowl called the NCAA. They had a confrence called the Big 10 that had 13 teams. It fits perfectly with my harken to the past to move to the future. Now take the Holy Text and read it. Next week I will give you an exam."

Setra heaves the Tome of NUFFLE like a rag doll. Hits Rah-ma square in the chest and floors him. Rha-ma crawls out of the throne room on his knees as the wind is knocked out of him.

KHEMRI PREMIER LEAGUE KICKS OFF ON MONDAY 11/11/13

KPL is striking whille the passion and excitment is at a high point. Get your teams applied ASAP to join in the first season of KPL action.

NOTE: Numas and Lahmia and Zandri are full. So when you make your team you must pick one of the other 8 necropolis to represent.

Rah-ma is hard at work reworking the league page to reflect the changes Tomb King Setra has laid down.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

From the far desert of Numas, the Night Walkers come for the gold.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
From the far desert of Numas, the Night Walkers come for the gold.

Tack yer sails there, ye barnacle-bearded land-lubber! That booty be belongin' to me Zandri Starlight Corsairs.
Yer reanimated shamblers couldn't find their way to gold if ye be having a compass and a potion of treasure detection.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the spiked ball could really mess with some games should be fun
 Jump to: