72 coaches online • Server time: 22:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings all!

Being new to FUMBBL, I wanted to get a long term team going in the ranked section. So, after a few false start I set up The Green Bay Munchers! After a few matches I decided that I wanted to get a story/diary going to bolster my enthusiasm! Now, we have already played a few games and I will move those reports from the blog here.

With Branchfury The Treeman and Cypress Hell keeping a watch on those loveable little Halfling rogues we should see some fun times aplenty!

Comments always appreciated, and hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Last edited by DrPoods on Nov 21, 2013 - 01:14; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the Green Bay Munchers!

Our first game took place against the Skaven of Rat Poison and was a real eye opener. The Munchers couldn't get much going in the way of attack but the boys played bigger than their size and managed to kill 3 of their opposing number!

A nice way to start off even if the scoreboard didn't show it. Well played to Rat Poison and here's hoping for some improvement next time out.

Cypress Hell (Treeman) got his first skill and I chose Guard. I know how important Break Tackle is for a Treeman but I have a mischievous plan!

Green Bay Munchers 0-4 Rat Poison

Last edited by DrPoods on Nov 21, 2013 - 06:04; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good move, I think this is definitely better here than in the blogs. One idea, if you want people to follow your exploits, is that more links might be handy, 'cause people are generally lazy. Like a link to the team and the treemen in the first post, and one to the opposing team in the second.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 0-2 Zarak Zigil

Taking on the Dwarves in this one. Most may consider this a mismatch of epic proportions with all the Block and Tackle Dwarves tend to have but we are always positive at Hambeau Field.

Well, it was a corker! The Munchers continued their unique blend of mayhem with a Troll Slayer being taken out and another suffering a smashed knee. That being said, the Dwarves were methodical in their approach and played a good game. The Munchers weren't helped by both trees spending most of the second half on the astrogranite.

More good fun! And there is more excitement to come!

Green Bay Munchers 0-2 Zarak Zigil
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Good move, I think this is definitely better here than in the blogs. One idea, if you want people to follow your exploits, is that more links might be handy, 'cause people are generally lazy. Like a link to the team and the treemen in the first post, and one to the opposing team in the second.

I will certainly do that! Thanks xnoelx.

These first few games are just to catch up with the blog so team links are probably not of great use as SPP's have changed etc. But I will do it from the latest match I played.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 0-4 Vaclav's weirdos

Well, well, well.

The Munchers came back to Earth with a thud! Couldn't get anything going and the weirdos were methodical in their play, guaranteeing that they had 3 or so players chase down any standing 'fling at all times. The weirdos played a great game and were thoroughly deserving of their win.

Luckily, no one died but Horace Manysteak and Cal Ashbottom will miss the next game due to injury (lucky sods!).

Anyway, the weirdos ground out an 8 turn TD in the first half and then proceeded to run riot in the second half. With Cypress Hell being KO'd by a journeyman Zombie and Branchfury taking root twice it was a day to forget for the lads. However, some of the flings will soon be gaining a new skill with some SPP's being shared around.

That being said, I will just reiterate that no one died so there is a silver lining to the fluffy, little cloud!

'Till next time!

Green Bay Munchers 0-4 Vaclav's weirdos
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 0-3 Bubble and Sqweeak

A bit of a struggle in this one. We struggled with our positioning and with the MA of the Skaven we were unable to catch them! The Tree's didn't get very involved, although a highlight of the match was Branchfury getting the ball and trying a very (slow) rush towards the endzone. Understandably, once Cypress Hell took root straight in front of him he handed it off and flung a 'fling forward.

This didn't work.

Well, since flying Halflings are a sight for sore eyes a few of them were tossed around in this one. Sadly, Lywinn Pipetalker was tossed straight onto Hobbs dashbeam which knocked them both out! The Skaven of Bubble and Sqweeak were too good on the day and got a late TD to seal the deal.

But, with a few players back from injury, we will have another crack at that elusive tie or win!

The Green Bay Munchers lineup

Green Bay Munchers 0-3 Bubble and Sqweeak
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You could try scoring sometime, i heard it helps Razz

You know you can throw your halfos, right? It should be a last resource option, but when you run out of ideas, throwing a team-mate for the win or as a targeted missile to get the ball loose is something to be considered.

Also, you could try speccing good halfo players like Garion with his Soup'er Midgets.

Lastly, since you seem to enjoy building a history for your team, looks like the ideal place to put it would be the team bio. You can use buttons to avoid having a super-long extra-annoying bio.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, i know! Scoring is the aim! Very Happy

Tried a few heaves so far and it has been a bit up and down (sorry). Actually mistimed a heave against Bubble and Sqweeak and it KO'd two of my players!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 3-0 Tomb Hunters

A WIN FOR THE MUNCHERS!!

A fantastic effort by the lads today as we came out on top against the Tomb Hunters in a nice victory. 2-0 up at half time, the ball was shared around as we dodged and dived our way through the defence. We were able to get a chain TD happening thanks to a hand off and pass move to make it two at the half.

Branchfury and Cypress Hell struggled, but TD's to Borren Windloam, Bim Warmbiscuit and Pip Bundigger saw the Munchers take the chocolates!

Cypress Hell did manage 2 casualties and levelled up. The others to do so were Bim and Bungo Breadgather with both taking Sidestep. Cypress Hell added Break Tackle to go with the Guard that he took previously.

Bungo Breadgather somehow got the MVP and takes Sidestep.
Bim Warmbiscuit scores a TD, dodging around and takes Sidestep as well.
Cypress Hell is now looking to be quite the player at Hambeau Field after taking Break Tackle to go with Guard.

So, now the team is starting to develop a bit. Nice to see those little 'flings in the winner's circle at last!

Green Bay Munchers 3-0 Tomb Hunters
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! Very Happy
Grats
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Roland. Plenty of Champagne and mountains of food were consumed long into the night!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2013 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 0-3 Gardeners of Eden

What a match! The luck of our previous games deserted us and we used up 5 re-rolls before the end of each half. It didn't matter! We ended the game with 7 players after the Wood Elves showed less than Wood Elf qualities to reduce us to 7 players by the end of the game. They were very good on the day and deserved the win. Not really any good performances from us and it is one which we want to move on from quickly and regroup!

R.I.P
Bim Warmbiscuit
The poor little Halfling becomes the first member of the squad to meet his untimely end. He had just got Sidestep too... *sniff*. Anyhoo, we all knew that this was likely to happen with Halflings tending towards the "expendable" side of the ledger. We farewell our second ever TD scorer and wish him well as he joins the great buffet in the sky.

Other News...
Lywinn Pipetalker got given Diving Catch after gaining a level. I just think that it creates something different. Sidestep on a few guys is handy, but if they get a POW they will probably stay down anyway!

We bought a new re-roll and now have 6. Will it be enough?

Finally, welcome to Belpo Beesky who takes Bim's place on the squad. Good luck little buddy!

Green Bay Munchers 0-3 Gardeners of Eden
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2013 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Bay Munchers 0-2 Nurgle Loves Us

This was a tough one for us. Nurgle Loves Us was methodical and measured in their approach and it was "death by a thousand cuts" for us. Scoring in each half, they were simply too good.

Borren Windloam suffered a broken neck and will probably get retired. I mean, a 'fling with 2 agility? Better off in the coaches box I reckon!

Green Bay Munchers 0-2 Nurgle Loves Us
 Jump to: