33 coaches online • Server time: 01:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He got as his first skill-rollan extra Agility and the question is which direction to go?

Leap? Pass block? Always block first? Then what?

My first stat increase and I have little (no) experience wth an AG5 so any serious comments are welcome.

He's one completion from his second skill so....

Thanks in advance
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you like toast?

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

retire him
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, since the "others" are being so helpful how about this:

Agi5 is very handy for:
(a) Leap - making line elf into a blitzer (you'll need block and leap at a minimum, also tackle is nice)
(b) Picking up the ball in traffic - also handy with Leap and Sure Hands
(c) dodging into traffic - dodge perhaps?
(d) interceptions - i.e. pass block - (esp. with leap and/or dodge)

Block is always great though, so pick it up first then decide. If you get doubles then you get to pick fun things like dauntless or Nerves of Steel (great great great with AGI 5).

Buttercup
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap is a glorious thing with AG 5. Block and Dodge are still just as important as always. Passblock is great, particularly with dodge and leap.

I personally really really like Leap and Passblock because they let you break the rules. Dodge and Block just improve your chances. There's something about expanding your potential instead of 'just' expanding your reliability that appeals to me. Call me nuts.

As far as what order? That's up to you. Without checking what the team needs (I'm wicked lazy Smile), I'd say either block or leap first and then passblock, sidestep, dodge, strip ball, etc... in whatever order you feel you need after playing him a bit more. I'd probably go leap, block, passblock, sidestep, dodge, depending upon how things went... or I'd just do this.

As far as playing him, on offense I try to keep my AG 5 players around midfield for the handoff or pass and then shuttle them to the player who's going to score. Just remember that he catches, throws, dodges, etc... in a single TZ as well as your average elf does without it.

On defense, always keep him in a position to try to sneak in and grab a dropped ball. If you can ever put the ballcarrier down or if anyone ever has to try to make a catch, you want to make sure that AG 5 player is in range to run in and snatch the ball out from under your opponent's nose.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

so much for serious comments.. [edit: this was aimed at the first couple of replies]

Well, it depends on your playing style. Pass Block is a great choice, don't expect him to make many interceptions, rather use him to make it hard for opponents to pass the ball safely.

Get a couple of Blitzers with Tackle/Strip Ball and you'll be well equipped to handle a running game as well.

If you don't want Pass Block, Leap is a great choice also, only thing is Dark Elf linemen are "only" move 6, so he won't benefit as much from it as for instance Wardancers. But with Strip Ball and Leap he becomes a great "safety".

Depending on what you roll, Block is the safe choice though I wouldn't take it on an AG5 player.

Other good choices are catch (run him deep to force opponents to deal with him), sure hands (reserve Thrower/Runner) or simply Dodge for a very mobile assist... As for further stat increases if you are so lucky: take 'em! (well not a hard one there, but..)

hope this helps! also try looking at other Dark Elf teams to see what they have chosen!
Roine

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap is cool with ag 5 especially if you later manage to roll a double and pick guard for example.

Like this one Smile
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=664210
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block, then catch.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge leap passblock, Dodge block leap, dodge Block Passblock... but take dodge, cuz you need to optimize his ag5... dodge into 1 tz on 2+!
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

How aboot a 5ag dirty player? He could dodge into 1 tz on a 2+ to foul, or dodge out of into a tz on a 2+ to commit a foul. After the said player is injured or hurt after the gang foul (say a foul with 4 assists), then throw the ball to him. The fouled player would be injured off the field AND you got the ball with a cage around you! Oh, the beauty of it!

Post 9 Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

kill it Very Happy
Pardus

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge first, then block, then whatever you want after that, since he is ag5 you want him to survive...

3rd skills like leap (followed by sure hands or passblock), passblock (followed by catch)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
How aboot a 5ag dirty player?

Might as well give him Kick and Leader on doubles. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap: Nothing is more frustating than 2+ leaping elf.
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
I personally really really like Leap and Passblock because they let you break the rules.

You aren't saying you can use leap skill while making a pass block, are you? Or did you just mean that both skills are good choices individually for an ag 5 player?

I myself would go for pass block first, then perhaps dodge, then catch and if you get doubles, go for nerves of steel. I once played a game vs a DE team with an ag6 NoS pass blocking lineman... He was a machine. That was good psychological advantage as well. I noticed i was concentrating much of my hitting power to take this guy out and that occasionally let my opponent's other players run around unhindered.

P.S. don't go for that DP suggestion... whatever the case, you'll be wanting to keep your ag 5 player on the field, he's too handy to risk getting caught for fouling.
 Jump to: