41 coaches online • Server time: 17:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can make a leap in a pass block move and do it all the time with this guy.

Not a lineman, but a very handy player who is a scoring, catching, leaping machine!
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy.

normal rolls: kick, dirty player, surehands
double: take break tackle, piling on or multiple block.

I guarantee you will surprise opponents with your skill choices, and we all know that the element of surprise os the most important thing in bloodbowl.

(Or you could take block to increase his chances of surving to enjoy the +ag...)

Oscar Wilde
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually rolled a double. He has Nerves of Steel now. If he lives to the third skill Very Happy he is gonna be a pass-blocker.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i think NOS is a bit of overkill on ag 5 player.

Oscar Wilde
poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

I personally really really like Leap and Passblock because they let you break the rules.

I have 2 AG5 pass blocker, blocker.

Can you really leap at blocking a pass? If yes, I know what next skill to take for them.. Cool
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yes.
it does rock just as much as you think it does.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

did you really mean break tackle? 'cause that makes no sense to me. Why would he want to use ST3 to dodge instead of AG5?
Quote:

Personally i think NOS is a bit of overkill on ag 5 player.

Nah, means he's almost guaranteed to be useful with the ball, even if he's completely surrounded! Cool

SubSonic

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Squiggy wrote:
Quote:

did you really mean break tackle? 'cause that makes no sense to me. Why would he want to use ST3 to dodge instead of AG5?

If you look at the other skills Grod mentioned there, most them would be "waste" on a ag 5 player... but as he said you can surprise your enemy with your skill choices Wink
[TopGun]-Merlin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I've only played dark elves in my board game days and not yet on fumble, but I would start off by giving him survival skills such as block then dodge, this should help him last a bit longer now he has a big fat target painted on his back.
After that I would turn him in to a scoring machine by giving him catch (good for interceptions too) sprint and sure feet. You can make him really annoying by giving him side step. There is nothing more annoying than blocking a player only for them too choose the square and see them move closer.

Break tackle is a bit silly and would be hard to get ( a double needed) But ultimately its down to you, and what you want to do with your player, if you want him to be a box breaking blitzer then leap, block and strip ball would be good. If you want a catcher (my advice) then catch and movement skills are a must. If you want a thrower pass, accurate and nerves of steel (all doubles I’m afraid) However if you want a pass interceptor (very funny when it pays off) then pass block, catch, and dodge are all essential.