14 coaches online • Server time: 07:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand that the site says for player pics, "The recommended image size for players is 95x147 pixels". I have made many player pics and they work well on the site BUT they don't show in the game. the player pics while playing are just blank. What is causing this? Is there a file size issue maybe? The site says nothing about max file size. If not, what could possibly be causing the conflict.

I have also had similar issues with Team Logos. All of the older ones that i have made work fine but any newer ones don't show in the client, but work fine on the site and team bios.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 04:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I believe is a max size of some sort, I forget exactly how many kilobytes.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

where can I find such info?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

When you go to your gallery, and click "upload file" you'll see a dialog saying:

Supported image formats: jpg, png, gif
Maximum file size: 2 MB

I suppose this goes for both pitch logos, as well as player pics. At least I always keep mine below the limit, and have no issues.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 05:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

no, it's not 2MB per pic - sure you can upload those, but using them as a player pic in a match is something else. I searched, found this thread:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22086&highlight=image+size

Seems the likely winner for player portraits is 30kb.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
I have made many player pics and they work well on the site BUT they don't show in the game. the player pics while playing are just blank.

Can you link to some of those players?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=350428

my sons team. when he played last he said he didn't see the player pics and I was watching and I didn't see them either. He has a tournament match vs. my other son this weekend so I will quadruple check during that game (me spectating, both son's computers, and ask other specs in game to see if they see any of them.)

Team logos are actually more of a concern. Size can't be the issue because I just watched a game where we could all see one logo that was an 86k GIF bit couldn't see the other which was a 48k PNG.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=194490
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=724531

I just realized that all of my new pics have been pngs, which work fine for the site but those are the pics that don't show in the match. I don't think the client supports PNGs...could that be it?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Png files work just fine, I only use Png if I can help it. Field logos will not show if you schedule through gamefinder, but the other player pictures should work. Sorry, don't have a good answer why they do not appear.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

just use .gif none of those simpsons player pics have any transparency.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, the team logos all have transparency and the PNGs look better than the GIFs.

WhatBall, you PNGs show on the field and In the player pics while playing?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I have no issues.