29 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, my experience has been very frustrating.Got two teams with tv1000 and i cant find a match. My first opponent never showed up and after that cant find a single game. Been "spinning " for an hour now...

... am i doing something wrong other than playing orcs and necro??
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

There is someone in IRC chat with a similar issue.

It might be that there is an site problem. Please be patient, and if it persists, perhaps we can try and solve it if you give us some info in terms of browser, etc?

I say we - I mean someone who has the first idea what they're talking about with computers. Wink

On the guy that no showed, submit a support ticket to have your team unlocked, or perhaps a helpful staff member will stumble across this and help you.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also connect to the Java Chat and ask around for a match. Analog matchmaking: the way Nuffle intended it to be!

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

you could also try Blackbox division, games are scheduled every 15 minutes, so just create a team in that division then activate your team.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You won't see a coach on gamefinder if you just played them. I haven't tested if league matches effect it or not yet though. You will also only see teams within your TV range. You also won't see teams from other divisions, so if the other person had a League team on the gamefinder and you had a Ranked team you won't see each other.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, thx a lot guys! I did, finally got a game. Does it happen that people with small teams (elf) just avoid big teams? Is there such a thing as random matchmaking?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
Is there such a thing as random matchmaking?

yes this is what the blackbox division is for, you get randomly paired up again and opposing team of a similar TV.

and yes there is some picking that goes on in ranked, but as you are new to the site and currently ranked a Rookie I would imagine you will get games pretty easily

Last edited by Garion on Jan 11, 2014 - 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The division for random matchmaking is (B).

You've stumbled upon a much debated site issue there. There are those that don't like Ranked, there are those that don't like Blackbox (or B - the random matching division). There is also [L]eague, you should look up your local league, that's great fun. I recommend you try everything and find what you like.

Good luck!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
Is there such a thing as random matchmaking?

Yes, as Garion said there is and it's called Black Box division, you will be able to play the team you want without coaches dodging it.
In Ranked bashy teams don't find matches very easily.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
There is also [L]eague, you should look up your local league, that's great fun. I recommend you try everything and find what you like.

Before jumping in to L I would get used to the site and the client and stuff first before you commit to playing a game a week in a league, but it is the most fun you can have on the site once you get involved in a good league Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably a truthbomb.

There are always those who want to drag newcomers straight into the old debates, aren't there? Good job there, Matt. Wink

Anyhoo - apparently question answered. /thread.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think Box is the kind of random the way he is looking for, it still is mostly matched by TV.

The issue is that rookie teams are always hard to get off the ground, no matter what division.
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes rookie teams have it easy, sometimes they don't. I find it's a bit cyclical as once you start developing your team(s) they can no longer play rookie teams, so at some point enough coaches have built all the teams they are interested in to a TV where they are too high to play the 1000 to 1100TV teams.

Eventually those coaches will decide they want to start a new team, or will crash one of their teams down enough for a rebuild.

Still, it shouldn't be a huge issue with the number of coaches/teams around, but I've noticed it a bit now and then on NA evenings.
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome you guys!! Thx a lot to you all for those fast and great answers!
That site is soooooo much better than the Cyanide one its amasing. I'll slowly build my teams and hope i'll compete with you as soon as possible.

Again, thx to you all and mostly, thx to those that run this site. you guys are great!!!
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the site dude!

Just try out the different divisions and see what you prefer. A lot of coaches play in all the divisions so you don't have to stick to one unless you really really want to. Smile