42 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that would be in the least bit surprising.

After putting one house ruled roster in, it makes sense their route to selling the same game over and over again is novelty. It's a sandboxed environment using house ruled rosters, luckily we remain official (although, anything can go in L for my money).

It would vindicate FUMBBL and the NAF's stance to stick by official rules. Had we allowed yesterday's house rule (Khorne), we'd be rather powerless not to include today's and tomorrow's (your guess is as good as mine as to where it'll eventually lead: lazy shorthand is Space Marines) as the environment spirals further and further into made up to sell units territory (not a slur, they need to sell units).

More evidence of common sense victory! It looks like the reception of an eight team product with one made up roster isn't too hot. But the reception to none of Cyanide's BB products has been in the least bit positive, however on they trudge, making life tougher for the rest of us. It's a heartwarming underdog story, in some ways. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile lol
Just found a link and it is true it was announced by cyanide them self. I will be interested to see the roster but odds are it will suck like quorn.

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Edit: oh no I just found the announcement looks like you are correct. I hope they don't use plasmoids roster as I don't think it's the best representation of that race tbh. But I suspect they will.

Do you have a link? I just heard in some YT video...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

On my phone atm so can't link (well cba really) it is on a video on bbtactics. Cyanide confirmed it in French after which someone contacted them to confirm it in English and they apparently did.

Only 8 playable teams and 1 is brets ... Seriously who is gonna pay for that crap. I'm glad christer didn't houserule blackbox PO. It makes fumbbls position stronger as the place to play official rules... Forza fumbbl

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This is from their forums, and the first post has a link to the French site where it was announced: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=3742

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting... I wonder what roster it'll be, plasmoids/4th ed/own roster...
Cocinero

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i lost my post where i explained the rationle of my proposal. Anyhow, this is my roster:

0-12 Fat lords MA 5 ST 3 AG 2 AV7 GS/AP Wrestle, Stand Firm, Maul 60K
0-10 Fast lors MA 8 ST 3 AG 3 AV6 GA/SP Dump Off, Nerves of Steel, Bretonnian Code 90K

Maul: One player can make a "Push Action". If a player with this skill declares a push action, he rolls a dice. If the result is 1, he is placed prone but no turnover is called. If the result is 2+ he can push a player of the same team that it's ahead him who is also allow to push a player of the same or opposite team, this continue until they meet a player of the opposite team or they are no more player to push. If they meet an opposing player, this may declare what player support him: a player can suport him if it coul be push. Then each coach rolls a D6 and add the totals ST of the player involved. If the total of the pushing side is greter, then the push has effect, and al the involved player are pushed. If they are equal, or the opossing team is greater, the psuh is canceled an the action of the original player ended. After a succesuful push, the player can make as many push as MA he has, but must roll 2+ at each time.

Bretonnian Code: A player with this skill has a -1 for every attempt to do every pass, expect a quick one, if the target is ahead of him. In return, he has a +1 for ever pass (including any dump off) if the target is not ahead. In addition, up to two, instead of one, different players can make an attempt to intercept every pass made by a player with this skill.
Slightquills

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What is everyone's thoughts on plasmoid's version of the Bretonnian roster?

I guess I am also kind of wondering if the new system I have been hearing about will allow for plasmoid's version of the Bretonnians or not.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Too Bland.

DLE College 7s
Calcium

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2015 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a necro?

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup a terrible one too.

The Cyanide roster is Plasmoid's roster, with one name change. So all the pages you failed to read, answer your question.
Cavan

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

cowhead wrote:
There is already a Bretonnian roster in use in some circles which looks like this.

0-16 Peasant 40,000 6 3 2 7 Fend G ASP
0-4 Yeomen 70,000 6 3 3 8 Wrestle GS AP
0-4 Knight 120,000 8 3 3 8 Block, Catch, Dauntless GS AP

Having played brets on BB2 I can say that this lineup is a bit lacking.
There's a bucket list of changes that I would make maybe 'some' of
They include:
Swapping skill access on knights and yeoman or making knights GA instead of GP.
Making knights and yeomen 0-3 and adding in some other 0-2 unit. Possibly that unit could be -

Shield bearer:

4-3-1-10

No hands, guard+stand firm. Strength access only.

Adding a 0-1 upgraded knight with some unique rallying sort of skill.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I apologise for not paying attention to the date. But this thread was only about 10 threads down |: on the first page.
 Jump to: