22 coaches online • Server time: 07:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is this the year for me to try tabletop?
Yes!
53%
 53%  [ 21 ]
Absolutely!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Very much so!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Of course! And I'm bringing pies!
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 39

Chirpy_Chaffinch

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

19th/20th July - Burger Bowl in Edinburgh, UK

2 day tournament with the option of playing one day only (either or both). Interesting side rule is, that you get bonus points for 3+ cas per game. Get your Ogres out !

Edinburgh is a nice place for tourists. I live here and can't wait to get away from this place !

Easy to get to by train etc.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited for language, you naughty man! Be good. Smile

It's on the list.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Not much to update on the calendar at the moment, but some noises about extra tournaments are being made. Watch this space!

A busy March awaits, could it be your debut month? Remember, the NAFC isn't far away now!
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's likely I will do the one day Albion Coast Trophy early december again, was good fun.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

High time I updated this with the current 2014 outlook (mid April). Some new gold on there, including Pearly Kings and Queens making a timely return to the tournament scene. This year it will use the highly recommended Ironmanj rules (if that means nothing to you, you'll have to take my word for it!), so it should be a great weekend. Coach Joemanji is your man for London based NAF goodness, if you've any questions. Perhaps a good one to come look at, PurpleChest..?

As ever, please get in touch for anything I can help with in terms of enabling your TT debut / return, and thanks to Cribble for doing all of the hard work maintaining the calendar. Smile
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be at the Albion Coast Cup again last 2 years was awesome.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post and I hope that this will motivate some fumbbl coaches to move from the keyboards to hte TT tourneys.

However, I wish I could travel more to attend TT tourneys (I am planning to go to my 1st aborad tourney soon) but I have already signed the date of the next world cup. Fortunately for me, it will be in Italy (just a few hundred kms from my town) and I hope to met and play with some of fumbble coaches that will attend the event!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The World Cup is going to be superb. Looking forward to it already. Smile
Neal_Smith

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I played in a tabletop league when I lived in Essex and it was great fun. Your beer tastes better as your opponent sobs over the death if a tiny minature Saurus.

Then I moved to Margate, Kent and in May to Teford, Shropshire and in both places tried to find, or start, a TT league, but to no avail. (If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone.....)

My (frustrated) efforts continue, but have joined some leagues in here in the meantime which appear to be good fun. It's nice to know my ability to roll "1"s extends over multiple platforms.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The NAF is a superb organisation, and has an automatic list of all tournaments! http://www.thenaf.net/tournaments/information/current-tournaments/

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And leagues! http://www.thenaf.net/leagues/leagues-locator/

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
What about the rest of us?

I demand that you make a list of all the TT tournaments for 2014, world wide! Hop to it chap! Smile

See above!

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

September 6th sees the arrival once again (it's our 7th year) of the mighty Stunty Slam One Dayer in Stockport. 4 games of (Non-NAF ranked) BB carnage for only £6.

@wormito on twitter

Waterbowl Commissioner
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Glad you think so!

Again - all credit to Cribble / Don_Vito for maintaining the list, I am merely a copy / paster. I hope my tiny bit of work (in relative terms) inspires the odd new tabletop coach!

I assure you I am just as passionate about TT types giving FUMBBL a go. If you aren't doing both - you're missing out! Razz

I've never heard you yell 'everyone come play FUMBBL' during tabletop, though... =)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, to be fair, we've been in the same place at the same time... Twice, three times? I only get FUMBBL rowdy every fourth event. Wink

In all seriousness, the hard sell doesn't work on either set of coaches in terms of them trying the other thing. I've introduced people to FUMBBL, but the way to do it isn't to force it upon them. Just as I try not to go over the top with our fine online friends in advertising tabletop.

Pearlies this weekend, looking forward to it. Great to have it back on the calendar. And one in England! A rarity for me this month! Smile Any last minute London coaches, feel free to PM for details.

The top post has been updated with the current calendar. Mark your cards for Ostend, that is going to be the big boy in November.
 Jump to: