43 coaches online • Server time: 10:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is this the year for me to try tabletop?
Yes!
53%
 53%  [ 21 ]
Absolutely!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Very much so!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Of course! And I'm bringing pies!
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 39

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Over the next week or so, I will update the OP with Q1 2015 dates and places as best I can. In the mean time, I'd love to draw your attention to the first UK Team Challenge taking place in York in Janurary.

This really has the potential to be another northern calendar highlight, and we already expect four teams from France and one from Switzerland to make the trip over to join us. What price a FUMBBL quartet?

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions or give any help I can via the thread or PM.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ACT 2 is sunday 30th November, Southampton, 4 games £10 including buffet lunch! get involved!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Good venue in Southampton, that.

Will do my best to update the OP in the week.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I had my STABB fix which was as good as always. I will put myself down for Pearly in London... when will the next one start to be organised?

...and nice thread Goo. Just need more Cups near Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire... Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would guess Joe will sort Pearlies 2015 out in the new year once the NAFC is all set. I'll try to remember to poke you. Smile
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Entry £140? Bit steep.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. For a tourney which doesn't even provide sarnies, that seems unusually (unnecessarily?) expensive.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

blocknroll wrote:
ACT 2 is sunday 30th November, Southampton, 4 games £10 including buffet lunch! get involved!

Yowza. If it wasn't a 5 hour drive for me, I'd be there.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It's £140 for a team of 4, not per person (so £35). There was an early bird discount of £120 that's now expired.

As a vast generalisation, a weekend tournament without food will set you back £20 odd, and for that, the venue and a bit of prize support will be covered (trophies). The bigger / flagship events will cost a little more because there are extras and giveaways attached. For instance, the NAFC is £55, which includes both lunches, an evening meal and special gifts for each coach (and no one sensible then complains about value at that price). The UKTC is being set up as a flagship sort of event. The extra £10 (now £15) per head is going to go to good use, you'll see something cool above and beyond the norm for that premium.

Brendan is a very experienced tournament organiser, and I really expect great things, or I wouldn't be plugging it. As someone who organises tournaments myself, I know that getting the money right can be tricky, and that others sometimes lose money. I expect Bren to have as good a feel for these things as anyone, and for £35 to represent value.

TL:DR, Worthwhile stuff, don't be put off by the premium in this case, be encouraged by it.
Inforthepain

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be coming up a tournament, The Oktober Bowl, in Sweden in about 2 weeks but it have already filled up all available slots i´m afraid.

But! There is still some hope for you fumbbling people to attend swedens biggest tournament, The Stock Bowl V, with a total of 46 attending coaches last year. Think that´s more coaches than what Spike Cup had this year ;D Let´s set a new record this year and take Stock Bowl Cup one step closer to becoming a Major! Take your team on the road and come visit Sweden!!!

Here is a link: Stock Bowl

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love a Swedish thread along these lines? Go on, start a trend. Wink
Inforthepain

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

We got a Swedish forum where we post all our tournaments, Maybe should start a thread here so that you fumbblers could easier tag along.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
blocknroll wrote:

Yowza. If it wasn't a 5 hour drive for me, I'd be there.

Where are you Chainsaw?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A tidy / update should be up now.

Last I knew, Chainsaw was Manchester-ish based, and has posted on the Waterbowl forum. This makes him ideally placed for the tenth running of two of the UK's biggest guns; the Waterbowl and Monkeybowl (Stockport and Hartlepool). Their gravitas is the inverse of, well, Stockport and Hartlepool. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %06, %2014 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2014 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hartlepool is further away than York though...