48 coaches online • Server time: 16:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

good point. upon rereading it wasn't hateful at all. Dan-Da-Man's response to him made it look more hateful than it really was. /hugs Mr. Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, what exactly is your "Fouly"? I don't want to take any wild guesses, to be honest... Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea K-paxx. I used to love smacks.

Jeffro
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i miss insta-smacks, used to love getting my ass kicked regularly in round one, if there is anything we could do to bring them back id help as much as possible
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Sounds good. Why don't you try to re-launch smacks as 1st minor that accepts R and Box teams too? a minor FC!! Very HappyD

Thzt would be nice.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sonrises wrote:
Hi,

Sounds good. Why don't you try to re-launch smacks as 1st minor that accepts R and Box teams too? a minor FC!! Very HappyD

Thzt would be nice.

As long as the ranked boys will accept our CPOMBers. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Even better! some sort of XFL for Box and Ranked teams! The best of the best of each race competing together!

That would be nice! Wink
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

and for the ones that follow TOP25 Ranks, i would consider a TOP MINOR SERIES! with extra points awarded!

RACE SMACKS! anyone dares to prove he is the best coach of a given race in the entire FUMBBL?

Just a suggestion. do what you want, of course. it is ur baby! Wink
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

#1 - out of all of the people praising this as a good idea and "I'd do it!"...only 3 of you have applied to scheduled smacks....

#2 - your nice solution of a checkbox doesn't take into account that to enforce said checkbox requires either a) an automated system put into place that will scan tournaments and dole out actions as needed, or b) a tournament administrator to be on hand to handle such issues...

it also doesn't take into account the issue of disputes that happen that don't include concessions, and that require immediate moderation...

#3 - this is yet another one of those "oh is it time for that again?" threads that pops up, that always gets suggested, but nobody ever wants to volunteer the time to either contribute to implementation, or to administration...

so while it's nice that you want things...perhaps you should think through the potential downsides of a plan, instead of asking for options with no intention to contribute?

--j

ImageImage
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

And to relaunch smacks as a minor for both R and B without check box? Does this make sense?
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
#2 - your nice solution of a checkbox doesn't take into account that to enforce said checkbox requires either a) an automated system put into place that will scan tournaments and dole out actions as needed, or b) a tournament administrator to be on hand to handle such issues...

Ah! We have a volunteer! Thanks Shadow, you're the best! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
#1 - out of all of the people praising this as a good idea and "I'd do it!"...only 3 of you have applied to scheduled smacks....

I find a scheduled smack much harder to take part in than a Instant Smack. Connecting with other timezones is very difficult at times. I am 9 hrs less than BB time, so most of the scheduled games are hard for me to meet up with during their playing times.

Now an instant Smack is a great thing for us NA coaches. 2 games right away and another scheduled in a similar setting is a big bonus. An Instant Smack can be scheduled easily on our end. With our large NA leagues, We can send out an pm for participation.

Synopsis: Scheduled Smacks don't work for me as much as an Instant smack does.

Jeffro
BattleLore

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I would like to have this feature implemented I see some problems here:

What happens to coaches who put a team in and "forgot" about it. In an instant smack all coaches have to commit before the smack is started to see if all are still available.

And as there has to be some programming, how many coaches will benefit from it. Is it worth to implement it and test it for well let's say 20 coaches...
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would happily volunteer to become a SMACK peddler again even without an automated system in place. I know what goes into it (seriously guys... Don't underestimate the work).

__Synn
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2014 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
I would happily volunteer to become a SMACK peddler again even without an automated system in place. I know what goes into it (seriously guys... Don't underestimate the work).

__Synn

Another volunteer! Bravo!

Now someone start coding! Smile