48 coaches online • Server time: 14:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Will we be able to paste skill updates into the chat window in test mode?

Or better still load teams from saved/modded xml/json

If i understand you correctly -

In test mode you can give any players any skills or stats with commands listed in the help section in the test client. This will still work in the new client.

What I meant was can you key them once in eg notepad then just paste them in when you need them rather than having to key them all each time. Smile

This would be amazing!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have all my skills in notepad and just copy and paste them for testing. It is still a bit of a pain.

I am working on making teams with customized pre-loaded skills to make it easier for the testers. There are a few technical snags as the skills can only be added to teams that are pending and testing teams get stuck in perpetual ready mode, but I am looking into a fix.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:

In test mode you can give any players any skills or stats with commands listed in the help section in the test client. This will still work in the new client.

What I meant was can you key them once in eg notepad then just paste them in when you need them rather than having to key them all each time. Smile

ah sorry I see.

You can already do this you just need to edit your Java policy - http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/resources/InstructionsCopyPaste/

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:

ah sorry I see.

You can already do this you just need to edit your Java policy - http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/resources/InstructionsCopyPaste/

Cool!

I'm wondering from reading WhatBall's post if we'd have to paste them line by line or all in one go.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

line by line, though the up arrow works in chat so if you want to give the same skill to a number of players, press up then change the player number.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
line by line, though the up arrow works in chat so if you want to give the same skill to a number of players, press up then change the player number.
Actually, if you want to give the same skill to a number of players, just separate their numbers by spaces. Per Help Wink
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if this has come up but:

It would be great if spectators could also mark players. It would make speccing a lot more fun and a lot more easy.
 Jump to: