34 coaches online • Server time: 15:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Atari

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer, took sometime but Oracle Java has aloud me to play again!! Cheers mate
Tomay

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone in SWL just had success upgrading to java 7. It fixed the problem (windows 7), so check that if you're still having trouble.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 12:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

While upgrading to Java 7 is absolutely a good thing you should do if you can, it's not always possible. OS X users are sometimes unable to upgrade. Really old machines (pre-intel CPUs) are stuck with Java 5 for example, and the current client does run even with that version.

The upgrade was most likely equivalent to a reinstall, which ensures that everything is installed properly (jnlp mapping to a correct javaws app for example) and clearing the javaws cache properly (different from the browser cache).

But by all means, upgrade if you can to significantly reduce the risk of being hit by malware (look up CryptoLocker as a recent example of bad stuff that's out there).
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I had upgraded Java with out un-installing the old version and it caused the problem described here.

I then removed Java completely and then installed the most current version and all was good.

I guess it has in fact to do with clearing caches or something, but since I didn't know how to do that, I went for the completely new install. Didn't take long and solved the problem.

(Oh, and I run my netbook with Windows XP.)

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Those of you who are using IcedTea (Linux OpenJDK implementation) are going to have problems. There's an issue with IcedTea which prevents it from working properly. Install Oracle's implementation of Java instead in order to fix issues you're having.

I have both Java versions installed and I chose to use ICedTea or Sun Java each time to start, but now, it won't work. Apart from the "unknown" coach stuff, I can't give more details.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2014 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Please open up a Java Concole when starting the client (on Windows you can do that in the Java Settings under System Settings, find the tab with options). If you see an exception reported there it will help solve the problem.
Alf115

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2014 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My system is older than my grandma and I can't for the life of me reinstall Orcale Java. I guess it's uber time I upgrade it.
farresto

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2014 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I was having the same issue with a Win 7 64-bit.

After unsuccessfully trying things above, I ended up uninstalling and re-installing all java. It was no fun, but it seems to work now.
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello I'm have trouble opening the client, I have version 7 update 67, I click resume, a black window flashes up then nothing happens.

I have tried a reinstall.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried starting a new game or spectating a game. Maybe it's a problem with that save? How about your opponent?
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I cant spectate a game either, the file downloads, a black window flashes up then nothing.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. A couple of common fixes: try again with firewall and/or antivirus software disabled. Try a different browser.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Just tried both still no luck.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you cleared your browser history and cache?
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

done and done, still nothing, I get a cmd window for a fraction of a second then nothing.
 Jump to: