43 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aeronomer

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mean to spam the forums but I simply cannot find an answer to my question anywhere. The help pages I've found related to this are evidently very much out of date. My friend and I just discovered your (fantastic) site but it's been many years since either one of us lived close enough to play in person. We were trying to figure out a way to just play each other for a while until we feel confident enough to take on others. But I cannot figure out how to do it to save my life. We managed to play one game but now it looks like we aren't being allowed to play each other twice in a row. Is there a solution to this or is this just how things function at present? Thanks for any assistance you can give.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just create a League team each, and then you can play how many games you want with one another with those teams.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye... [L]eague teams. And you don't even have to start an actual league to play them against one another. Hop into chat if you can and most folks are happy to help answer further quick questions you may have.

Welcome!
Kryten

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 03:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In the Ranked division, you are expected to play against many different opponents, generally not more than 1 match in 10 against any particular coach. If you want to play against your friend many times, create teams in the League division for that. Otherwise, you're likely to be invited for a chat in #fumbbladmin.

Also, look into the 145 Club. Koadah runs a great set of tournaments for new and improving coaches.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. I think it's fun to play Ranked against your friends you haven't seen in awhile. Like, former league-mates, league-mates who play in other divisions, facebook friends, and TT buddies. The rule is against overdoing it: if 20% of your Ranked games are split between half a dozen RL buddies (less than half of those against each, no two back-to-back), nobody will know or care. Eventually you'll develop a portfolio of coaches at all different levels that you can arrange games against whenever. Some you will know IRL or interact with elsewhere, most you won't.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL. It seems your friend picked up on things a bit quicker than you Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 06:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Yeah. I think it's fun to play Ranked against your friends you haven't seen in awhile. Like, former league-mates, league-mates who play in other divisions, facebook friends, and TT buddies. The rule is against overdoing it: if 20% of your Ranked games are split between half a dozen RL buddies (less than half of those against each, no two back-to-back), nobody will know or care. Eventually you'll develop a portfolio of coaches at all different levels that you can arrange games against whenever. Some you will know IRL or interact with elsewhere, most you won't.

JackassRampant - he's new. Is there some reason you feel you need to obfuscate the rule?
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be your friend...

Just step into my van...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
JackassRampant - he's new. Is there some reason you feel you need to obfuscate the rule?
Oops. Sorry. For some of us, everything is just about equally complex. :/

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Kryten wrote:

no, you are just being intentionally annoying.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's intentional, it's quite the impressive effort.

Welcome to FUMBBL. it's good to experience the full spectrum on thread one. Good luck! Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Kryten wrote:

Pot - Kettle?

But yeah, new 145 Rookie league kicks off on Thursday!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
Welcome to FUMBBL. It seems your friend picked up on things a bit quicker than you Smile

Ya think? LOL. Thanks for the feedback guys. And the creepy van guy invitation. Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Man, I wish. I was trying to be helpful. Should'a said something like: "It's not like you can't ever play your friends in Ranked from time to time" or something. But no, I'm an Asperger's case, so I had to make a paragraph out of what should have been a sentence. Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2013 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Not only was it a creepy van guy invitation, but his profile pic is the Walking Dead version of Geddy Lee. Super creepy.
 Jump to: