41 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

kind of like secret league then Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League is kinda odd name now it's nowhere near secret.

Yeah I pretty much run my own Secret League. Pygmies and Gnomes are doing very well, especially Gnomes. Played and won today, stand a good chance of going up.

Cheaterz are having a rough time at the moment. Forest Goblins have an awesome Shaman. I fear for them if/when he bites the bullet!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't that be a 'Closed League' of Stunty teams which, unless I'm mistaken, has been forbidden? I think you're a moderator or something HM, but that sounds like you've got something special going the rest of us can't have.

I play late evenings US West coast, and other than a very small handful of other coaches, it's a barren wasteland for Stunty. I would LOVE to be able to host and/ or join a Stunty League (or meta group or however you want to define it) in order to play more/ varied matches.

Is it just a matter of setting up a group and calling it 'Secret'? First rule of 'Secret' Stunty League is you don't talk about 'Secret' Stunty League, and then it's ok?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mouse's league is off-site, so he can do whatever he wants Very Happy

And it's very confusing you bumping this thread over Kam's one Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's my fault in the first place - I should have looked better. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Mouse's league is off-site, so he can do whatever he wants Very Happy

And it's very confusing you bumping this thread over Kam's one Smile

I guess I'm confused. 'Off-site' means what exactly? He's got his own client? He only plays with coaches who don't play on Fumbbl? Because if he does in fact draw coaches from Fumbbl who would otherwise play here...isn't that the exact reason why Stunty meta-groups and 'private leagues' AREN'T allowed for the masses? The only difference being he's set himself up some shadow fumbbl? Perhaps his 'secret Stunty league' of is why there's so few (or at least, fewer) Fumbbl Stunty players??

I admit to not knowing the particulars, but on the surface it feels quite hypocritical to me. "All you shlubs can just suck it, while me and the privileged get to play Stunty Leagues the way we want." I don't know, enlighten me if I'm reading this wrong.

As for this thread vs. the other, I read this one because it was linked and had something I wanted to respond to.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

HM's setup is just him using one of the old clients to play with himself. A little odd, perhaps, but no, not drawing coaches away, or hypocritical, or anything like that.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...he should be careful then. I hear you can go blind doing that.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
Well...he should be careful then. I hear you can go blind doing that.

Post of the Year.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow so much interest in my private life!!! Even withdrawing from the day to day FUMBBL BS, I still get lynch posses riding out to get me!

I have however drawn one coach away from the site......me. Still it's not all bad, as I can feedback on what's working, not working and possibly could work. As well as being around here less, which is generally wanted.

As for closed meta groups. Whatball has said several times 'no'. If for no other reason; Stunty is more official than it's ever been before, because of the official tournaments, definitive calendar and the level of organisation now that we have everybody doing what they're best at (Shadow tourney side, Whatball organisation and design side, plus regular/reliable/experienced contributors.

Even in the old days of Stunty, back to back games in Stunty were not allowed, which rules out a closed league anyway. It was never fully open like League and Unranked.

I think everybody wants Stunty Leagues and Stunty teams back in League, but it's problematic. My suggestion to get around the SW issue would be to make 'superior' stunty teams in League, maybe? Stunty divisional teams, with a little extra (maybe I said this before though).

This way they'd be able to compete against regular teams a little better. This said, with the league conversion happening it makes the point generally moot. I also think there's a lot of work adding teams to FUMBBL for Christer and Whatball, so doubling the work to save a few months really isn't the way to go.

I guess it's just a 'please be patient' thing and add your request 'Able to play leagues with Stunty teams' to Christer's "What would you like to see added this year" topic.

Now if I could be left in peace to go blind by myself again it'd be much appreciated.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2015 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

what is it exactly that makes SW-rolls work for [S]?
could it be implemented for [L] or will all teams be affected then? (also the LRB6 teams)
Angelfred

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Digging up, digging up... are there still Stunty Leagues around ?
The only one i know was : http://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8842&op=view

By any chance, has anybody launch another one ?
I understand there is some "troubles" with the idea, still, Stunty is truly fun, so why not getting it back into Leagues ?

Cheers from France,

Fred
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would defo love a bit of Stunty league , though I imagine due to the frailty of most stunty teams, you would need to make the leagues short and exciting.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
what is it exactly that makes SW-rolls work for [S]?
could it be implemented for [L] or will all teams be affected then? (also the LRB6 teams)

With CRP now, there are blanket bans on Secret Weapons, unlike LRB 4. This means that there is the same chance that a Dwarf Deathroller and a pogo have in being sent off; 100%.

However, this doesn't suit stunty well. Where as the old roll a dice to be sent off did. Therefore each secret weapon has its own send off roll (like LRB4) and is costed so. Goblin Cheaterz (for example) would not work with blanket bans.

Angelfred wrote:

By any chance, has anybody launch another one ?
I understand there is some "troubles" with the idea, still, Stunty is truly fun, so why not getting it back into Leagues ?

I haven't had a go myself. However what happened with the first level of customisation that Christer implemented? Didn't he implement it, so that custom leagues can in fact have Stunty teams now; or combined stunty/LRB teams?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2016 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you can mix official & stunty leeg teams in [L] now. I'm working on a special stunty [L] league atm, but not finished due to little time IRL.

Jump to: