20 coaches online • Server time: 08:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pack Alpha: 0-1

Stats: MV: 5 ST: 5 AG: 2 AR: 8
Skills: Claw, Frenzy, Thick Skull, Unstable Transformation*

Skill access: S/GAP

Cost: 140,000

*Unstable Transformation: Before attempting any action, this player has a 1/6 chance of reverting back to their true form, losing 2 strength for the remainder of the drive.

-------------

Werewolves: 0-4

Stats: MV: 8 ST: 3 AG: 3 AR: 8

Skills: Claw, Frenzy

Skill Access: GA/SP

Cost: 110K

-----

Pack Hunters: 0-2

Stats: MV: 7 ST: 3 AG: 3 AR: 8

Skills: Wrestle

Skill Access: GS/AP

Cost: 90K

-------

Pack Pups: 0-16

Stats: MV: 7 ST: 3 AG: 3 AR: 7

Skill Access: GA/SP

Cost: 50K

--------

Rerolls: 60K

Apoth: Yes

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %28, %2014 - %23:%Feb; edited 4 times in total
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you fix your formatting to make it more readable, you'll get more responses.

e.g.

0-16 Pygmy 5/2/3/6 Shadowing, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A (GSP) 35k
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

so you can have 5 werewolves (one huge) and loads of cheap linemen?

YES PLEASE!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

iambobby125 & i approve this roster. Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
If you fix your formatting to make it more readable, you'll get more responses.

e.g.

0-16 Pygmy 5/2/3/6 Shadowing, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A (GSP) 35k

I changed it, is it more readable now?
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Best team ever?

In any case, Unstable Transformation made me lol Smile
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Best team ever?

In any case, Unstable Transformation made me lol Smile

Glad you liked it. Smile

Although, did you mean best as in "this team is interesting and would be fun to play" or "this team will crush anyone who even dares stand in it's way?"

I thought their lack of basic starting skills (besides two with wrestle), rather squishy nature, and lack of strength access would balance the speedy werewolves and the more reliable big guy.
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol! Way too OP!
chimp2010

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If this roster were used then almost everyone would leave the wrestling pack hunters out and have a speedy 11 man 3rr killteam...
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

chimp2010 wrote:
Lol! Way too OP!

Really? :/

The roster has some squishy linemen who are equal to Skaven, except they can get agility skills without rolling doubles, the team is reliant on blitz, but only has three players who can get guard reliably, the only skills they start with is frenzy and wrestle, and the positionals are fairly expensive. Also the big guy can turn into a slow linemen at any moment.

Should I up the price of rerolls or remove agility access of the linemen?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yup

and 50k linemen with GA? oh hohoh!

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
yup

and 50k linemen with GA? oh hohoh!

Alright, I upped the price of rerolls and the werewolves by 10K each, and removed linemen's normal access to agility skills.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

eh... Without Regen on the Werewolves, this team isn't particularly strong. The linemen are significantly inferior when compared to Amazon Linewomen. I'm inclined to say that they'd start out fairly weak (no ball handling skills, no block, not much Strength) and then develop in monstrosities.

However, I still don't quite see why this team needs to exist. (Some other teams–– like High Elves–– also fit into this category) Doesn't seem to do much cool.

I think A-access on the linemen is totally fine, though. In fact, that's one of the only cool things about the team, in my opinion.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2014 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Werewolf Teams?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2014 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The werewolf roster is pretty easy or pretty difficult, depending on which way you look at it.

Rosters, don't necessarily need lots of different positionals to play well, and to be enjoyable; look at vamps and lizards for instance. 2 different and very contrasting players (ok the lizards also have a big guy).

And it's pretty easy to put werewolves in this niche too, as the wolf is such a good player. So the simple way is simply to make a vampire roster, but replace the vamps with wolves. I think having AV7 linos is important, as it makes then unreliable, then you're left with a whole bunch of frenziers. I also think you need to limit the wolves, 0-6 has been fine with me. Then it becomes one of those 2 player, contrast rosters, that's fun to play.

The problem arises, when you try to make a 2nd edition style team. These come with a neg trait, however with a neg trait the OPs roster is too weak. So you need to make the wolves with similar stats to the 2nd edition ones, but in doing so, you're changing a creature that already exists and has official stats, which is far from ideal.

One way, however maybe is to call them wolfmen. Werewolves seem to be a creature affected by chaos (in bloodbowl), but not chaotic, that have control of their form, or do not transform at all. Wolfmen could fit a niche, where they do not.

2nd ed Wolves had much better stats (but few or no skills). ST4 AG4, would be a must, and I'd go the second ed way, where you treated a transforming player as stunned, when the game begins, instead of:

"*Unstable Transformation: Before attempting any action, this player has a 1/6 chance of reverting back to their true form, losing 2 strength for the remainder of the drive."

Has potential problems for me (and impossible on a computer client, unless test mode), and also potentially slows down play. I do like the 'crumbling' aspect of the team though, compared to the 'getting stronger' style of 2nd ed.
 Jump to: