39 coaches online • Server time: 01:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A cool feature of leagues or tourneys would be the pitch defaulting to the race-specific field (with appropriate weatcher adjustment) of the 'home' team for the match. Then perhaps a +1 modifier to the FF roll for the home team or some other minor home-field advantage.

I believe a whole range of utterly fantastic team specific pitches has already been created, but don't know the particulars about rights of use etc.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Zio crock, and he didn't create one for every race. That avenue of course, is one we'd all like to see Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

where can I find the current pitch pictures? (saving from java client is not possible).
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

C3I2 wrote:
So, if you change the design so you can have CUSTOM pitches, you´re not allowed to have custom pitches? Now, have you played Dungeon Bowl? Have you played table top with "Traps" on the field? Have you watched Aussie Football (hint - its not played on a rectangle).

A customized pitch is a customized pitch, and custom-ed Artwork for pitches is something altogether different.

As for the design, it is often helpful in game design to use the "nodes connected" perspective that way you don't lock your self into thinking squares or hexagons to early and look at the underlying mechanic instead.

Playing with that visually, works but a lot of people would think its weird being accustomed to squares (I do it fairly often in other games so I would adapt almost imediately).

You can be such a *insert something sufficiently uninsulting to pass profanity filters* sometimes. If the topic is meant to be about custom pitch graphical overlays, and you go on about changing the way the game is played, then you are off-topic.

It's very nice that this is coming. I don't think there's any issue with the writing and mirroring if the pitches are full, rather than half-pitch images?

If we get a good custom pitch for each race, could we consider implementing one for all R and B games (with the home team randomly decided when the match is formed? Alternatively, could we have team-specific (admin-approved) custom pitches as homefield stadiums for R and B?

I think it would greatly add to the feel and fluff (like TotSQs webs did).
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify a few things here. Yes there will be a bunch of new pitches. I believe they are just for tournaments at the moment (I may be wrong) but this may change in the future.
The pitches are the same size and dimensions as we currently use.

Finally the client will allow you to switch weather effects off and revert to the basic pitch while playing if that's what you want to do.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Just to clarify a few things here. Yes there will be a bunch of new pitches. I believe they are just for tournaments at the moment (I may be wrong) but this may change in the future.
The pitches are the same size and dimensions as we currently use.

Kalimar wrote:
- Custom pitches to be used for tournaments or your own leagues

My interpretation is that it could be set by league commissioner.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The client side will be ready for league but I'm not sure if the site side will be yet.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The client side will be ready for league but I'm not sure if the site side will be yet.

We'll see on Oct 6th Very Happy
 Jump to: