76 coaches online • Server time: 21:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So the race of Pro Halflings has (as near as I can tell) reached six months of activity on Fumbbl. Now, that’s a drop in the bucket compared to how long the Stunty Leeg has been active, and even the most 'successful' and 'well known' (yes, its relative) PFling teams are nowhere in the same league as the Legendary Teams ™ of the Stunty Leeg.

Even so, six months is a nice milestone, and there are some great PFling teams out there. So without further ado, I present the Someday Maybe Legendary PFling Teams-in-the-Making (the most important factor to being a (someday maybe) Legendary Team ™ being the number of matches played in my opinion) :

East West Flying Opossums
Coach: Immeli
Matches played: 69
Record: 33/13/23
Win %: 47.8%
TV: 1580
Treasury: 0 GC
Notable info: The ‘Flying Opossums are the most prevalent PFling team in the Leeg. They also boast PFlings two biggest stars: ultimate scoring machine Qwed Neer and Borrower extraordinaire Conce Winror. Unfortunately both stars (and much of the rest of the team) are suffering perms, and with no cash reserves a bad game or two could put this team out to pasture.

Heart of the Little Guy
Coach: Castleman
Matches played: 53
Record: 15/12/26
Win %: 28.3%
TV: 1580
Treasury: 60k GC
Notable info: Although a struggling franchise, the Little Guys have persevered through thick and thin into the second most played PFling team. They are also home to the only Legend Mootguard in the Leeg, Trevor ‘The Hammer’ Young. With understudy Erykk Gurdrian taking the pitch with him, this pair of Block/Tackle/MB Mootguards can bring the pain.

There’s No Crying in Bloodbowl
Coach: CraftnBurn
Matches played: 42
Record: 10/8/24
Win %: 23.8%
TV: 1830
Treasury: 325k GC
Notable info: Another team with lots of effort but unfortunately less success, this team nevertheless has kept at it and has the highest PFling TV in the Leeg. There’s No Crying also sports the second most notable Mootguard in the Leeg, Rolo Toughnut. They also have one of the most developed Punters in the game, ’Thumper’ Proudfoot.

Greenfield Rumblers
Coach: Sigmar1
Matches played: 30
Record: 22/3/5
Win %: 73.3%
TV: 1810
Treasury: 515k GC
Notable info: Although they only have the fourth most matches played, the Rumblers are arguably the Leegs most successful PFling franchise thus far. Boasting a massive treasury and an impressive win percentage, this team is clearly on top of their game. Led by a pair of superstar Catchers, ’Lightning’ Griddlefire and Gus ‘the Torch’ Whoobuns, the Rumblers can seemingly score at will. Backed up by Alver ‘Meat and Potatoes’ Rumbleshins and Wilbur ‘Second Breakfast’ Hodgkins, a pair of Mootguard that can clearly deliver the casualties, Greenfield is a balanced force to be reckoned with. The real question is, how long can this team keep this core of positional players healthy?

Pursuit of Mediocrity
Coach: robocoyote
Matches played: 28
Record: 11/8/9
Win %: 39.3%
TV: 1300
Treasury: 20k GC
Notable info: Rounding out the top five of PFling teams with the most matches played, the Mediocrity are coming off a match that saw two of their best players killed. Currently led by four Veteran players, Pursuit of Mediocrity has a long road ahead of them to rebuild from this latest setback and make a mark in the Leeg. Recently recorded an 8-0 victory with FIVE defensive OTTDs!! Their opponents had better learn to protect the kick.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on %b %01, %2014 - %02:%Sep; edited 4 times in total
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ i made the list and 11/8/9 is a successful pruisuit of mediocrity haha

actually might motivate me to play some more to make sure i stay in the top 5
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for the sake of clarity: your quoted win percentages are
games won/total games
whereas the win percentages seen elsewhere on-site are
(games won + 1/2 games tied)/total games

So the FUMBBL-style scores for these teams are 57, 40, 33, 78, and 54% respectively.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm the first to acknowledge that different places do things differently (and that certainly could mean better), however...here in the United States, the only thing that counts towards winning...is WINNING.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of figured that US mindset was the reason. Not saying either method is more or less correct.

However... only counting wins for win percentage does mean that a team with a record of, say, 10/20/0 gets the same result as a team with 10/0/20.

On the other hand, counting half the ties means a team with 10/20/0 scores the same as a team with 20/0/10, so neither method is perfect.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I got to have a game against the Greenfield Rumblers and it's safe to say i got smashed. Suffered a dead Carver and 2 serious injuries to my only skilled Lineman.
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

soooooo a game that should go down in pro halfling lore.....

i just won 8-0 with pursuit of mediocrity

including 5 1ttds on defense

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3548542
Immeli

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

robocoyote wrote:

i just won 8-0 with pursuit of mediocrity

including 5 1ttds on defense

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3548542

Great stuff robocoyote!

Ah, I really should try to make EWFO's playable team again. There are many reasons, why the team has just gone downhill lately (Last 10 games: (1/2/7) Rolling Eyes). First we lost Wean Rungrong. Secondly I just went after records with my top flings. On top of that I just ground S.P.L.A.T games without any decent tactics hoping to get a few lucky points at the end of season 2.

Its pretty rough to play at high TV stunty without bashing Very Happy
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2014 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Irony of a 'Fling called 'Fastest in the Land' suffering a -MA injury. You better not fire that guy ever. If he suffers another -MA injury you know it's the will of Nuffle.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I managed to play a few games with and against proflings. My opinion: the team can do well at low TR, but at higher level (around 1600) it becomes a pain. They are worse than the eshin, which is a big thing. Unless proflings get some bashing power they will go nowhere. They either need G access on the tree or on the punters (they are useless anyway).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the punters are next to useless and need a revamp. However, with this roster we tried to do something different; in that we traded the 'G' access for AG 4 players out of the box.

I don't think they can have both. If anything, I'd suggest bringing the hotpot to the main roster.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I only have experience of playing against Pro Flings, and even then I haven't played many games. However, I agree that you did achieve 'something different'. In this game I was done by the combination of AG4, reliable TTM, and the hotpot. Even though I bashed the rest of the team senseless I couldn't stop them from winning. It was a brilliant game though and I really enjoyed it.

Does the hotpot have a special weapon roll? I could see it being part of the main roster, but not without a SW roll. Cheers.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well due to current client limitations, the hot pot isn't exactly how we envisaged. This will happen though. If it was to be part of the main roster, then of course it would need 're' balancing.

The other alternative is with the Moot Guard. Already Whatball agreed to remove the shackles of 10k pricing. I don't think he'd need much of a nudge to go odd number positionals. Both of these restrictions are restrictive to balancing and creativity.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Moot guard are great as they are. I think the punter is okay as well really, don't have a problem with him I guess his problem will always be he will rarely have the ball. Maybe if he had big hand so picking up the ball in a ruck was possible then he could use HMP on 2+ there is a great synergy there, though it feels very forced and I'm not sure there is a good enough fluff reason for him being expert at picking the ball up under pressure.

Would make a big difference to his effectiveness though.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't suggesting we change the Moot Guard; just increase their number by 1.

I have to agree with the OP, we need to have another look at the Punter. It might just be a tweak, it maybe an overhaul. Stunty players simply do not throw the ball.
 Jump to: