53 coaches online • Server time: 17:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I still wouldnt want him near the ball tbh, the fast ag4 players are the only ones that should go for it imo.
That's just your playstyle...I use my Punters to carry the ball because I need the catchers downfield to CATCH the ball. Wink
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question if I may.

Had my first game with Pro Halflings and found them a blast to play. I was having a friendly argument with my opponent about the Tree though. He thought it was worth its weight in gold for TTM whereas I thought of it in terms of Wood Elves... If it gets rooted it might as well not be there, it can't keep up with the play and seems a bit of a waste. Fun for sure but not extremely useful. Especially given most opponents have two or 3 big guys that may well be able to get it down. What is the view from more experienced coaches?

Oh that reminds me. Taking block on a catcher 5+5. Smart? I almost took the +MA...

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The tree earns his pay by taking hits on the LOS. At least until you have a bona defensive TTM threat, then it might be worth keeping him off the LOS so you can toss your stealer.

The only time I'd ever play without the tree is if he was mng'd.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
The tree earns his pay by taking hits on the LOS. At least until you have a bona defensive TTM threat, then it might be worth keeping him off the LOS so you can toss your stealer.

The only time I'd ever play without the tree is if he was mng'd.

Makes sense. Will certainly have to consider him then.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
If it gets rooted it might as well not be there

Well it can still act as a fling firing cannon. Just make sure the flings (bullets) are loaded nearby.

I don't think there are any Big Guys in Stunty not worth taking, 3DBs and (usually) mighty blow vs stunty is too good.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha!

Well, I guess they won't have trouble getting a game now everyone knows I don't have one ; D

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Garion wrote:
I still wouldnt want him near the ball tbh, the fast ag4 players are the only ones that should go for it imo.
That's just your playstyle...I use my Punters to carry the ball because I need the catchers downfield to CATCH the ball. Wink

That's mental, why would they ever need to catch it?

Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

sine they are PRO flings and they are allowed only one - a UNROOTABLE tree? or unrootable on a 4+?

CastleMan

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2014 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Heart of the Little Guy have 102 games. http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=759169
Current legend counter: 1
Legends that have put on the jersey: 2

Brightest Pro Fling of all time: Trever "The Hammer" Young
http://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9800297

So my opinions on the team... Two trees would be awesome, dump off should be on the catchers; not the borrowers.

Here is to another 100 games.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2014 - 12:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I felt this discussion was really going somewhere and was quite positive, but is it actually something that's being considered or is it all just speculation? Are Pro Halflings going to be reviewed at some point?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2014 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

at some point every stunty leeg race will be reviewed, no harm in talking about it. Ultimately its up to Whatball and I understand he is very very busy with real life stuff these days.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I felt this discussion was really going somewhere and was quite positive, but is it actually something that's being considered or is it all just speculation? Are Pro Halflings going to be reviewed at some point?

Yes.
As Garion said, I am super busy with real life, and there are other FUMBBL issues that are more pressing (new client, etc.). I am reading with interest and will make some small tweaks in the future to them.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
Garion wrote:

That's mental, why would they ever need to catch it?

Razz

erm.....let me take a stab at this......when the ball is thrown? Wink

Again, your playstyle is not to throw. But if others want to throw the ball then fair play to them. That is up to them. Might not be optimal, but what ever floats your boat. Horses for courses. etc etc.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the idea is that this roster should throw the ball a bit, unlike any of the other stunty rosters. Unfortunately, that isn't the case right now.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that are always going to be pants at it because of stunty. If they are not 'throwing' the ball now with HMP punters then are they ever going to? You'd have to bolt something on or fundamentally change something, like remove stunty. Neither of which is agreeable, in my humble opinion. At the moment Eshin are better passers because the AG4 quarterback doesn't have stunty, but has a high movement.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Jump to: