83 coaches online • Server time: 22:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of stunty players (that are stunty) do not have stunty. Stunty equates to being able to dodge easily/being extra brittle. It's not so much of a necessity in Stunty to have this skill. I think I will be advocating the removal of stunty from this player.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion that is as bad as bolting on something to get the desired effect. It's just the opposite. Rather than bolt on a skill you are taking away a racial trait to simulate the desired effect of being better at throwing. Halflings are stunty because that is their racial trait. Fair enough, a Mootguard might possibly be big enough to not have stunty. But a punter? He's still the same size as the average fling. So there's not real reason to remove it other than to make him better at throwing. Why not give him accurate? That will do the same job, if that is what you want to achieve.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin are the passing race imo.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, but obviously with a team full of 'runners' they aren't meant to be a passing team.

The Assassin has so many more uses though. He's nigh on a one rat team!
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar true dat.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2014 - 19:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If passing is the goal then I think strong arm would represent it better than accurate because, well, it's easier to kick further than throw, kicking isn't as accurate, and with P access he could still pick up accurate on a normal roll if he desired.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, Pro Flings have too many positionals with too many skills...
the team also has too few trees...
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 11:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think all Pro Flings need is a switch back to the original suggestion of a G access tree. That'd give them a bit of up front bash.

If looking at other changes, I think maybe the borrowers could swap the DO/NOS combo for Big Hand, so they're good at stripping and retrieving. The Moot guard could also maybe use a look. Possibly lose Pro for Thick Skull or another AV. Mine never lasted long.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

my 2 cents:

0-2 trees

borrowers become regular flings but with G access and are now 0-4, sort of a fling blitzer

punters are cut or becomes runner/passer

guards lose pro.

dunno, just some ideas, I have no idea how balanced they are...
azzie

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think (or rather assume) that Pro Flings are supposed to be a challenging roster to play, but I do agree that a small buff would be most welcome. If I were to offer a small suggestion it would be to offer a 100k Chef as an inducement like regular flings (rather than 300k), but this is the frustration of a Pro-Fling coach speaking, not the reasoning of a well-thought balancing act. I like the idea of regular G access somewhere (at times I think "anywhere, please!"). But I suspect that coaches from all rosters have pet buffs they'd like to see.

For the record, I think a second tree is too much - the tree is a potent threat because it can either ttm or squish little 'uns - having a tree for each purpose is too much, let the Mootguards to the squishing if you need to ttm, providing they are still on the pitch and that there's still a borrower left to hurl...

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Whatball decides, but from my point of view no G access, that was the trade they made for the ag4 catchers and is a niche with this roster.

Crook666 isn't exactly right in that the roster's are balanced nor meant to be. Some rosters play better at low TV and some at high. With AG 4 catchers this roster will always be a match for any low TV roster.

I can't remember why we didn't give them a cheaper Chef.......it would certainly be something I'm in favour of......maybe there was a technical reason or simply overlooked.

I think if there is any buffing to rosters, this one will get a buff. It's discussed in this thread. However the Punter positional right now isn't quite right. Also there's no need for 2.

It might be that the hot pot could become a positional and Punters go down to 1, with a slight buff.

I'd also like to see regular flings come back, but that's not on the cards. If they did, they should get the cheap chef.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played at least 18 games with every stunty race and mostly against a variety of opposition and PFlings are my joint 2nd worst race with Gnoblar (Horrors my worst). They are not unplayable but its a tough grind in a very bashy environment and my record would be worse without my MA3 tree.

Exactly how to buff is very tricky whilst keeping the fluff and balance, a cheap pro chef would be a nice easy start.

I agree the positionals are a bit of a mess, but the skills are useful (except maybe for hail mary and dump-off, which are rarely used). Stripball is nice and I think kick needs to stay too, they really need these little advantages to stay competitive.

I think a G access tree is a bad idea, everyone would just build them as a killer and you would lose the fun of a TTM passing NoS tree. If anything I think more reliable TTMing would keep the uniqueness.

I don't think the problem is not being able to score or defend with a full team, it's the issue of getting bashed/fouled off the field in 2-3 turns (happens too often at mid-high TV) leaving the rest of the drive almost impossible. However it is going to be quite hard to make them tougher without breaking the fluff.

Could we try something like mass-fend on linos so they can keep the number of blocks against down a bit, also minimising losing players to failed dodges?

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's impossible to build variety and keep things fairly even. So some rosters do better at higher TV than lower TV (Nurgle a prime example) and some at lower (PF, Skinks and Eshin). Remember we have a fluid ruleset, so there's no need to roll out huge changes. Softly softly is the way to go. However, when WB decides to roll out some changes I'm sure this roster is going to be considered. I don't think it needs a massive amount. Another option could be to drop a Punter and add a Moot Guard. That would certainly give it more clout and more stay on the pitch factor. Personally I always wanted the pot to be part of the roster, rather than a Star Player, but we had our quota of positionals already.
 Jump to: