41 coaches online • Server time: 11:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AndersZappa

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is the roll for interception made before the roll for a complete pass?
I can't see how it is possible to intercept a ball that scatters if the intercepting player is far away from the player making the pass.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The order is just for game flow. There has to be some level of abstraction. As a balance issue, aren't interceptions rare enough already?

I take it the second question is regarding a pass that would have fumbled (had it not been intercepted), right? It works well enough as it is - even without a strong bearing on reality. After all, if a REAL LIFE elf was trying to throw over the head of a REAL LIFE troll, he'd have to arc the ball more, right?

Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it's because LRB sais the order so. Primarily because of game play reasons or then it just was written that way.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a game mechanic thing. It makes passes a bit more risky, helping to balance them.

The Finishing Touch
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
After all, if a REAL LIFE elf was trying to throw over the head of a REAL LIFE troll, he'd have to arc the ball more, right?

The scary bit being, I've heard this sort of argument used seriously and emphatically before: (read as a whiny complaint) "That's not what a real minotaur would do!!!"
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

lol.. some people really don't get it.. "real minotaur" my ass!
JanMattys

Post 5 Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked

I breed minotaurs in my farm. They are pretty good at keeping wolves away from the cattle.
I just don't get what's funny about minotaurs...

I meet strange people around here...

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I ain't passing anything over players with ag2 or less.... Damn skeletons intercepted far too many of my safe throws... Evil or Very Mad

Perox.
Vero

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only seen dwarves to intercept so far Smile
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

for some reason people think it's safer passing over a treeman in 4 Tackle Zones than over a lone human Blitzer...

on-topic: well, it's been said already but it's a game mechanic to make interceptions happen just once in a while Smile
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it's a crappy idea of JJ who wanted more interceptions. As far as I'm concerned the ruling caused less interceptions since you never would risk a 17% interception chance unless you're absolutely desperate.
I've seen far better suggestions on talkbloodbowl.com with regard to interceptions (first see if you can get a grip on the ball, then roll for a possible catch. If the latter fails the ball scatters one square from the intercepting player). Furthermore, interceptions should give 5 SPPs rather than 2. A single game can turn around entirely, the impact of an interception is potentially greater than most other occurences in a game(except for disastrous Pitch Invasions perhaps).
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

5 is way too much, 3 maybe. I like the idea of being able to swat the ball down but how hard it should be I won't comment on... Would make Safe Throw a better skill though (which is great, I like it that you need dedicated throwers in order to throw with any surety)...

I don't agree that it makes interceptions rarer, after all ANY throw has a 17% (or worse) risk of failing miserably (AKA fumble) anyway..
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

well, no risk no fun! Cool
Elves play the throwing game. The 1/6 danger of interceptions can't always be avoided. In a past game a Saurus standing in some deathzones intercepted a pass of my Wood Elves.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=313924
Another pass in the same game was intercepted by a skink.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
well, no risk no fun! Cool
Elves play the throwing game. The 1/6 danger of interceptions can't always be avoided. In a past game a Saurus standing in some deathzones intercepted a pass of my Wood Elves.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=313924
Another pass in the same game was intercepted by a skink.

That's why you give safe throw to your throwers if you play elves.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

BEFORE Dump Off.

Z
 Jump to: