35 coaches online • Server time: 14:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=745917

Champions of Anime.

Many words can describe them.

Tough.
Orcy.
Brutal.

But my question is this: Is this team heading in the right direction? Can any of the more experienced Orc coaches offer any pearls of wisdom?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have 'Grand Line Bowl' up and running soon.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 17:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

They're fine, but you would be better off discarding the niggled black orc now stuffing two touchdowns onto a new one.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Without being an orc coach I'd say that's a very solid squad. Personally I'd certainly buy a goblin for OTS potential and maybe replace the injured players (depending on whether I want them to be tournament-ready at some point and how far that is away). I'd try to skill the Black Orc first though (it's only a completion), to see if he rolls a double (maybe Dodge to decrease the impact of the niggling injury further) or +ST (or +AV even... a BOB with Block and Guard is a solid player and not that easy to replace if you don't play very, very often).

Team seriously lacks Tackle though. I'd consider taking Tackle on Kazuma even before PO (as tempting as it is with Jump Up). Himura looks like a perfect Tackle candidate, too - though Frenzy would work good for him as well.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The amount of tackle isn't too debilitating, but I would imagine it's coming next on your st4 blitzer anyway.

I'd probably fire the niggled BoB, but yeah, it can be a pain to skill BoBs once the team is at a higher TV.

I'd definitely fire the -ma DP. And I'd play with 13 at all times. Gobbo is personal preference, but if you use a troll it's probably worth taking the Gobbo, and having a 2 man bench means you can likely keep him off the pitch for which ever drive you don't want him on the pitch for.

Otherwise you lack a dedicated ball carrier, but you've already set your Bliterzs along pretty blitzy paths, I guess you could give the MA7 one sure hands, but I would have taken dodge over jump up and made him the ball carrier. As it is you've pretty much identified him as another POMBer.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

looks fine to me, you just need more MB and Guard.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't call them 'brutal' though.

Four MBs and one PO? Most humans are nastier than that. And AV9 won't stop a claw.

I suppose they're not Box at least.

Edit: two POs? Twisted Evil

Last edited by koadah on Apr 01, 2014 - 18:14; edited 1 time in total
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

get a dedicated ball carrier/receiver
start thinking of getting a sweeper too, but apart from that, u good to go

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it overall. It needs more MB … but your support Blitzers will get there soon enough.

You don't need four BOBs, if you don't want to go through the trouble of skilling the fourth. Kryten's right about the Niggle, Licker's right about the difficulty in skilling BOBs. My answer is just to run three, and while I haven't made a long run with it, it seems fine. Heck, I'm running zero lately, and while I miss having that ST4 a little, I don't miss ditching 30k and getting more mobility. Can't tell you if it's working: record is pretty much my par and their play seems geared around silly gimmicks with the Wardancer.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

dese orks aarr girly-mens!

SHAGGA!

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

You don't need four BOBs.... My answer is just to run three,

sorry this is nonsense. Why on earth would you ever not have 4 Bobs, they are amongst the best value players in the game. having a wall of 1 st5 and 4 st4 players all with guard wins games on its own.

but yeah firing the niggle is probably a good idea, scoring with bobs isnt very hard anyway, so once you get 1 TD and block then guard will come fairly quickly anyway.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah, wasn't thinking about the Troll thing. If you do a Troll and max out your TV for big green, I agree you gotta go whole-hog. But if you are a fodder-on-the line type, trying to minimize TV, you can use 3 BOBs to "crew" the boat and run your Blitzers and DP as "passengers". BOBs aren't such good value, IMO. ST4 Blockers are a good thing, yes, but I'd totally trade away the BOBs for any other 0-4 or 0-6 ST-buffed Blocker package. Any at all: CW, NW, TG, Saurus (FG too, but they don't qualify). All the downside of a Zombie, all the upside of a Zombie with an assist.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

deary me..........

That full moon is still in full swing I guess.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

got splooshed pretty badly against a dorf team. luck happens, both good and bad. gaining an ag thrower definately makes for a more mobile ball, even if he is MA 5. the tackle blitzers play sweep on defense. right now i am thinking about picking up an extra thrower to work defense based on this playbook.

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Art%20of%20the%20Waaaagh.pdf

is this a reliable source?

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2014 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrm. My primary tip would be don't stall 1 extra turn vs chaos. Beatsmen can be elfy.

Jump to: