38 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

23:00 bbtime Monday night the followers take to the pitch in the WOC!
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

missed a 3+ leap with reroll to go 2-0 up t5 2nd half. lost 2-1 in o/t. CHOKED!!!
4/4 regen didn't help either
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What I love about spec'ing the Inglorious Follwers is when somebody notices Timmy. They are always stunned by his awesomeness.

Negative memory bias means I think regen works about 80% against me, so the 4/4 was really unlucky.
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

TIMMY! he almost got me across the line today.
have a potion waiting for him when he makes the 300 club too.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: May 11, 2014 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

The Äkta Människor is the first team, and only one up to now, to complete a Sprint in Season 18. They keep the top spot in the Premiership, but have to defend it from the Alfreds Team and the Sons of Brutus.
In the Conference, the VTS sligthly improves its score, but the Red Shirts in the Box, despite being inactive for a while, are a strong contender.

First three Premiership positions:
1. Äkta Människor - 38 points (6/4/6)
2. Alfreds Team - 33 points (6/3/3)
3. Sons of Brutus - 32 points (6/3/2)

First three Conference positions:
1. Vault Tec Squad - 48 points (9/5/2)
2. Sons of Brutus - 37 points (6/3/7)
3. Äkta Människor - 37 points (6/3/7)

Post   Posted: May 13, 2014 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sons of Brutus have finished their sprint. Overall the SoB were lucky that only three of their recovery games drew opponents 400TV or more above us, but going 1-2-0 from those three games was luckier still.

We clocked up a respectable 47 points, but do have some room to improve. It was unexpected to put in a solid score with Gitya Bawls collecting 11 touchdowns, and whilst he did cost me a win, he has also delivered winning results when we really should have lost.

Still I suspect that it's not a Premiership winning score if Alfred's Team apply themselves. Heck, even the Premier Predators have enough time left to return and build on the very good start they had at the beginning of the season. Good luck to all those still aiming to complete a Sprint before the end of the month!

Join the Human League Premiership!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I went looking for a recovery game at 1450TV and instead got a top of the table match up against Alfred's Team at 1930TV. Shocked

The Match Report tells the story, but it's more exciting to skip that and go straight to the Replay.

koadah

Post   Posted: May 14, 2014 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Epic top of the table clash!

A real '8 pointer'!

This could be the game that wins the Prem! Mr. Green

Go Humaaaaaanz!!!

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

Only ten days left in Season 18, and the Premiership has already a clear winner. The Sons of Brutus made a rush since last update, posting the second best score ever in the HLP, just one point short of Mata Leon record. They are a ray of hope in the new, unforgiving, Box, showing that non-CPOMBER can still be competitive at high TV level, even when they are massive underdogs in TV.
The Vault Tec Squad keep the leadership in the Conference, but there are still several teams, out of the top 3 radar, that can really trash its score and get the title. So... let's your humans running!

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 55 points (12/3/1)
2. Alfreds Team - 39 points (7/3/5)
3. Äkta Människor - 38 points (6/4/6)

First three Conference positions:
1. Vault Tec Squad - 48 points (9/5/2)
2. Sartosa Sea Wolves - 37 points (5/6/5)
3. Sons of Brutus - 37 points (6/3/7)

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.. Very impressive considering that the SoB's were getting mauled playing WAY up in TV so many times in the last month. Way to hang in there an emerge, not only victorious, but heroic! I'm pretty pleased it's the Red and Gold way out in front.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitya has been key to this season, he's collected something like 60 SPP over the 16 sprint games, scoring more times than all of our opposition combined. I think he's just doing his utmost to deliver on the "Fun with da Suns" promise.

The_Murker wrote:
Now entering the era that shall be remembered as the "Fun with da Suns"

"He's at the 20, the 10, he's gonna go all the way.. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING?!!"
"Well it looks like he's stopped to pick a booger, Jim."
"AGAIN?! He cost the Sons the victory 12 games ago when he did the same thing!!"
"Boogers need to be picked, Jim. Don't question the top scoring Ogre in Box history."

Rok came in a close second at about 54. He's mostly done his job, but at times it's felt like he's just been going through the motions. Like he's depressed about being a dirty cpomber or something. (When did he get the claw? He has a whole wall of them in the trophy room.)

Spamming wrestle on the linemen has been nice, it burns up the occassional reroll when the other guy doesn't want to lie down, stuffing up subsequent assists and making a mess of everyone's positioning. And hey, sometimes the safest place to be is on the ground!

The unsung hero of the season just picked up a broken neck, Imaguna Hackyer as a stand firm guard has been just fantastic at holding his ground, screwing several key chain pushes, and stealing a lucky draw in this game.

DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while but I'm back running a new Human team in the conference. Anyone got a link to the spreadsheet or table for the conference? Is the range 1400-1600?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the home page.

Standings links are there.

2nd. Gratz. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 23, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I saw the icons as bling and not function buttons. So conference sprints can start at 1000k with brand new team... I feel another team getting created for next month.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: May 25, 2014 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

With OenarLod's permission!

Greetings auspicious HPL'ers. With some amount of time this summer, I am opening a HUMAN Ranked adoption team for prep towards the Big time tournaments, starting with a rookie rumble and progressing towards The BIG ONE! So, who wants on board?

Remember, This will become my PRIMARY tournament team and i want as many fans as i can get.

For those unfamiliar with the process, here is the group

I also noted that Most of the most vocal supporters are premiership coaches. Go humans!

here are the basic guidelines for OUR Human team:

1.) One adopted player per coach.
2.) The godfather chooses the name of the player.
3.) The godfather provides a Player Picture and is responsible for the player's Biography. This is required - I want all players to have a bio from the very start. It does not have to be extensive, but it has to be there.
4.) When a godfathered player skills up, I'll ask his godfather what to do, so please don't adopt a player if you are not regularly on FUMBBL.
ALTERNATIVELY, a complete 'skill planning schedule' can be submitted, which might be good for those godfathers who are online irregularly.
On occasion, I might ask for other kinds of input.
5.) If the player dies or retires, his godfather is free to be the godfather for a new player (or wait on the waiting list, if necessary).
6.) Should a godfather be absent from FUMBBL whenever there is a decision to be made for his player, I will do my best to make a decision myself that is in line with the character as I see it.

As for Team management, coaching advice, and other non player specific ideas and advice, i will post here. I think if the best Human coaches pool their collective Knowledge, we can unforlorn this team.

Now, On to some team names/themes!

I will start the creative juices flowing with....

The Premiership War Gods

For the Glory of Humans and the quest to unforlon this Majestic Team. We are PROS. we have EGO!

so far, i still have one blitzer and several Linemen open for adoption.