39 coaches online • Server time: 14:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: May 28, 2014 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Motivation is missing for Gamma world to play another game in the box after this https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3568938 and this :https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3569586 . What a waste of time !!!!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: May 28, 2014 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair the pact look mild as these things go, but the other game - well the best thing that can be said about that is that you didn't lose anyone important. Teams like that can be beaten, but you need nuffle on your shoulder.

Best course of action to deal with this sort of match is to take a break, come back to the team in a week/fortnight/month and start fresh. Additionally, there is the option to avoid activating in the box if a 2000TV killer is just finishing up a game. That might help reduce how often your time is wasted against such a tedious playstyle.

Join the Human League Premiership!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 28, 2014 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree. The best way it seems for me to beleive I'm breaking a bad streak of luck is to stop streaking anything. To take a break. Play something completely different (wood elves, skaven, etc.) or just avoid Box, or FUMBBL. Easy to do after such events.

On playing against CLAWPOMB teams that out match gun you by 200+ TV.. you don't want a wizard. Humans don't have an AG4 ball retriever to take advantage of a decent fireball, and the bloody bolt can be totally wasted, or lead to a failed pick-up, etc. And if the chaos team is going to win, it is going to be winning against your 6 remaining players and a wiz. That's basically a wasted wiz.

For the same price you get 2 Journey men for the LoS. For 240 tv, you get 3 journeymen for the LoS. That's 14 players minimum, 3 of whom you don't care about.

Worst case scenario, kick to him, let the Journey men take hits while you flee, and go into the scond half with 11+ players. Draw the game, or better yet, get lucky and win.

I'd almost rather play against a 12 man CLAWPOMB squad at a 300TV deficit, than paly 11 on 11 and have some of my best players killed.

Anyway, that's just one coping strategy. It's what I did last season. I also 'friended' the worst chaos players and simply didn't activate when they were online and not in a game.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

congratz dunenzed on gitya! here's hoping for a double 5.

playing with inducements i agree with the murker. the wizard is not no.1 pick for humans against bash. humans cant turn the loose ball into a td in one turn, especially when down players.
babes and mercs are much more valuable imo.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks nufflehatesme. After a number of attempts I was pretty nervous for the last 20 SPP or so, but I am pleased to announce the completion of project Legend Ogre! This was secured by Gitya Bawls taking home a pair of TDs in his 52nd game (the second half is pretty entertaining).

With 41 TD's Bawls enters the top fifteen of all-time human scorers, and the top five of active human scorers. Legend number fourteen for the SoB, he complete's the set with the team having generated a legend in every category. He is one of 4 legendary human Ogres and the first ever human Ogre in the Box to reach legend.

He has rolled a normal for his legend skill, so the choice is going to be a tough one. Think we'll be doing a poll for this one.
ulvardar234

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Scaramanga wrote:
Motivation is missing for Gamma world to play another game in the box after this https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3568938 and this :https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3569586 . What a waste of time !!!!

Seems we have a new Murderbynumbers victim. We share your feelings, motivation to play in the box is totally lost for us, we've finished the sprint and we will forget about such a boring division, probably forever.

The_Murker wrote:
I also 'friended' the worst chaos players and simply didn't activate when they were online and not in a game.

Yeah, i've tried it, too. My friends list was so long that i could not manage it. And there's always a new boring boy in the neighbourhood with his shiny CPOMB team, and you are crushed. You can't avoid all surprises with that system (although you can be safe of most of them).

Dunenzed wrote:
Additionally, there is the option to avoid activating in the box if a 2000TV killer is just finishing up a game. That might help reduce how often your time is wasted against such a tedious playstyle.

Another nice advice. I've tried it. Not sure you, but my playing time is limited along the day, and when i'm entering here, sometimes i discover one of those monsters that just finished a game. I have to waste 15 mins. waiting for his draw, and if he does not find a victim in the next draw, i have to wait for another 15 mins. in the hope he finds an opponent. So i spend my fun time waiting for the CPOMB boy to find his fun. It's a good advice, but it turns your gaming time a boring waiting afternoon.

Not mocking on your ideas at all or similar, excuse me if it sounded like that. Your advices are good, and probably those are the only 'weapons' to survive in the box these days with a human team. But, even trying those, you can be easily paired with a new destructive team you didn't heard about, and have your time wasted, your team killed and your fun spoiled.

If i were you, i would turn into league or ranked. Give the box to the killers/foulers, and let them kill each other.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats on the legend!! Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: May 31, 2014 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Agree. The best way it seems for me to beleive I'm breaking a bad streak of luck is to stop streaking anything. To take a break. Play something completely different (wood elves, skaven, etc.) or just avoid Box, or FUMBBL. Easy to do after such events.

Yeah it's the thing to do.

Nice ogre Dunenzed !!!!!!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ulvardar234 wrote:
If i were you, i would turn into league or ranked. Give the box to the killers/foulers, and let them kill each other.

Alternatively persuade the killers to give the box to the human leagues and arfs of this world.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Scores

It seems to be back one year ago, in Season 15: Sons of Brutus take home the Premiership title while the Vault Tec Squad get along with the Conference one.
The Sons of Brutus put on an impressive season, with the second highest score ever, thanks to Gitya Bawls, the top scorer Ogre, and Rok Hedsmasha, the greatest human player ever in the box! Rok got a special DYK in the HL home page, do you think Gitya deserve one too?
Grats to the other three Sprinters (Alfreds team, Äkta Människor and Sartosa Sea Wolves), but nothing could stop the SoBs in this season.
The Conference was a bit less interesting, suffering the current Box state... Only three human teams got a positive overall record over the 16 games span, and the VTS took the title with a mediocre score.

Premiership

Top three positions

Winner: Sons of Brutus - 55 points (12/3/1)

Runner Up: Alfreds team - 40 points (7/3/6)

3rd Place: Äkta Människor - 38 points (6/4/6)

Minor Throphies

Sprinter: Sons of Brutus, Alfreds team, Äkta Människor, Sartosa Sea Wolves

Top Scorer: Sons of Brutus, Alfreds team

Top Basher: Sons of Brutus

Conference

Top three positions

Winner: Vault Tec Squad - 50 points (10/4/2)

Runner Up: Ars Bretonii - 44 points (8/4/4)

3rd Place: Northern Seals - 41 points (8/1/7)

Minor Throphies

Top Scorer: Vault Tec Squad

Top Basher: Äkta Människor

Last edited by OenarLod on %b %01, %2014 - %20:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz guys.

A legend ogre scorer. Legendary!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
Pacosillas send to me some step to put an human team here, i do all steps but dont see yet if i'm in or out...

Can you check if all run well ? Ty...
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a human black box team you are in automatically. It will work. After you play a game it takes 2 or 3 hours to show up on the score page. WELCOME!!

Men.. if we do not honor our heros, we eventually stop having heros. In honor of Rok Hedsmasha, without +ST or +AG, he has played well over 200 games in humanity's most dangerous venue, and is a true hero. He deserves his own FUMBBL playing card. And portrait. Gratz RH. Go Sons!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play games now. All games since midnight will count.

This season's games will not be displayed on the web site until tomorrows though.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Men.. if we do not honor our heros, we eventually stop having heros. In honor of Rok Hedsmasha, without +ST or +AG, he has played well over 200 games in humanity's most dangerous venue, and is a true hero. He deserves his own FUMBBL playing card. And portrait. Gratz RH. Go Sons!

Didn't you get the memo?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: