15 coaches online • Server time: 05:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Perox

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach ranking was included in the match report. But I wonder what are those numbers at the top, for instance:

64 - 36
57 - 43

What does it mean? I have a feeling these are percentages or something. Does anyone know?

Perox.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 17:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I do.
Perox

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Care to share? Mr. Green
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

lol
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I could tell ya ........but then I'd have to kill ya.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 18:04
FUMBBL Staff

It shows the estimated win probabilities as calculated by the ranking formula. There are two rows as I am checking out a potential change in the formula. One of them is the current way, the other is the new way.

It's just temporary, so don't get overly used to it.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind it if you looked over your last few games and let me know which one is more accurate. If you do this, it's best if you look at a variety of matches, high/low str, big/small difference in coach ranking, varying races, etc.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I don't understand this match then. According to both those numbers I was expected to win. My str was higher, and my coaches ranking was higher. But it ended up a tie. My coaches ranking went up, as a result, and his went down.

Shouldn't it have been the opposite?

Asperon Thorn
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperon - yes it should have

My guess is it would have gone down to 152.1. I think I know what the problem is if you are comparing your coach ranking for the game, with the current coach ranking on your home page. But I'll let Christer elaborate if he wishes as I don't want to say anything I shouldn't.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i like this game then Very Happy
Marley

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=294160
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

On LordSigmund's post: There seems to be something a bit wrong with the way Ogre teams have Team Str calculated - it seems that the goblins are a bit undervalued for their importance to the team. At least the Ogres are valued higher than regular Big Guy Ogres in other teams, so that looks right. On the stats page, linked below, Ogres do lose most of their 0 dRating games - 26/21/54 (I'm guessing those are almost all rookie team results); this is a similar ratio to the 2nd probablity (21/79) suggested in the game report.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=results&race=23

On Marley's post: I can't read the report, but the only question is, did the losers have a 7% chance of victory, or a 1%? I'm sure Christer is gathering up data to see which it is. I lean towards 1% (if that) Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 02:37
FUMBBL Staff

And now the values are not temporary anymore. They're gone. There was no apparent benefit of changing anything.. You could almost think that this Elo guy who came up with the system that's being used virtually everywhere actually knew what he was doing Smile
 Jump to: