19 coaches online • Server time: 04:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shinomune

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have a Zombie with 15 SSP, Guard and a -ST injury, and I don't know if I can still make him useful for my team, or it's better to retire asap.

Thoughts?

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9799098
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

buh-bye. Get a rook.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

He's kind of pointless. Too slow to act as moving guard assist and an easy punching bag in the thick of it.

Oscar Wilde
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire him.

Also retire the zombie you have shadowing to. Unless you did it for fluff reasons, it is a terrible skill for an MA4 player that will almost never work.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

He is pretty poor guard if any strength 3 chump can easily push him away, sack him immediately.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the only doubles on the team is looking up at you with big, warm puppydog eyes, pleading not to sack him, but...

Q: When will he be really useful?

A: On the very first turn of any kickoff you receive - that's it. After that, he's a liability.

If he's in contact with anyone but stunties, he's guaranteed a 2d punch - guaranteed. And 3d is easy (St 3 + 2 assists!).

If he's knocked down, he has MA 1 to get where he's needed. If he's not knocked down, he can be easily marked and doesn't have Block, nor the Agility to get free.

And I know he's only 1 spp from his 2nd skill, but what is the best-case scenerio there? Another doubles? Maybe +St for a 120k St 3 Guard Zombie who's 15 spp from his "second" skill?

Grow some lobes, dump him.

(And, yeah - MA 4 Shadowing? Seriously? On who, a Tree?)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

He sucks, lose him
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In my book, there are three different core ways to build Zombie squads.

1) Dirty Player, then fire at 16 SPP. Guard on doubles at 6 SPP (follow with Block), but ignore doubles at 16 SPP. This is more of an Undead plan in scheduled leagues, but Necro can do it well in Ranked and Box because it depresses your TV.
2) Block, then fire on a second roll unless one of the first two is doubles for Guard. This is only for open environments like Ranked, Blackbox, and unscheduled leagues with lots of teams. Block is optional: just firing non-doubles is fine.
3) Block, then start filling in your toolbox with Kick, Tackle, Dauntless, whatever. Don't cut healthies, just give them Fend or something and keep trucking. This is better in structured leagues than Ranked/Box.

These aren't exclusive: if you take track 2 or 3, you'll want a Dirty Player, and if you take track 1 or 2, you might keep the first player to skill twice, give him Kick. But generally, pick one and stick to it.

But in all of them, any permanent damage except -AG is a one-way trip to the dustbin. I might make an exception for maybe -MA (only) on a ST5 Zombie, but that's about what it takes. Ignore 10 and 11, doubles is Guard unless it's on a Dirty Player and then it's the end of the line. +ST, Guard, and maybe Kick Zombies are the only ones that pull their weight with more than one skill.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire him, unless you're playing for fluffy reasons. Lot of TV for a liability that a fling can 1D.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bullet. Guards either need to be average or above strength, or wicked fast to be useful. He is none of these.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed with everyone else. Guard is only useful in contact with the enemy. With such low strength, it will be trivially easy to push the zed away.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2014 - 06:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a fairly fluffy player but even I would have to fire him
 Jump to: