21 coaches online • Server time: 05:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2014 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't speak for others with theoretically bashy teams (does all zombie count?), but woodies are by far the easier opponent for me. As I rely on attrition to give my slow dudes a chance for the most part, lower av is not to be passed up Very Happy

Our record:

Dark Elf: 2/3/6

Wood Elf: 5/4/5

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
mikere

Post   Posted: May 09, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually click on 9/10 of the teams that are listed in GF. I skip the overly min/maxed teams for now - maybe when I'm a better player I'll go for them. If a lot of other teams are available I might skip dorfs cause they make a fairly boring game.
Dlock

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

I pick teams to play against for few different reasons;

#1 - Which ever team my League team plays against next. This way I'll get some practice against them.

#2 - Teams that I dont get to play againts often, likes of any elves, Vampires and all those other races you dont see often. This is the main reason why I dont play against chaos often, it gets boring after so many games.

#3 - Coach, I accept matches from coaches that like, no matter what team.

#4 - skill selection, I choose teams that have skills that I havent played against before, for me, this makes game interesting. This again, is why I find some teams boring to face.

#5 - Need for practice. Some teams and skills I do bad against, therefore I need to play more against them to get better, I am bad against Skaven for example, and I struggle to brake defenses with lots of Guard skill.

Hmmmm... thats about it really.

- Dlock

Ps. I play mainly Wood Elves and I am fairly new to game.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Hehe @ Cavetroll & Carlo. Very Happy

So in essence, people prefer skilling up their team over winning? OR people just think Woodies must be easier to beat because they have AV7? I'll do my next E.L.F. cycle with Woodies.^^

I like the blood stains of elvish blood.
It's good for the field grass, you know
Fortis

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

No one likes playing against dwarves. Even if you can beat them easily they're still boring to play against.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
No one likes playing against dwarves. Even if you can beat them easily they're still boring to play against.

Not true actually. Watching a good coach play dorfs is just about the best lesson in positioning you can get. They may lack in terms of different offensive options, but so do most of the bashy teams.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
And why is it that almost noone will play my Ranked Dwarves? Surely we should leave aside all that Dwarf hate with the latest ruleset?

I'll happily play your dwarves any time Smile

Dwarves have a bad rep, they aren't so scary. Sometimes they can be nasty if you have bad block dice and suffer a few turn overs against them, but if dice are fair and roll what they should then they aint so bad.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
And why is it that almost noone will play my Ranked Dwarves? Surely we should leave aside all that Dwarf hate with the latest ruleset?

No one liked dwarves in the last rule set either.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Grod wrote:

To be fair they shouldn't start with tackle on their linemen, that is pretty stupid. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Because people are pickers in ranked

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes seriously dan......

try being positive, you might enjoy it Wink

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Grod wrote:

To be fair they shouldn't start with tackle on their linemen, that is pretty stupid. Twisted Evil

Gotta have someone to scare away the zons & elves Mr. Green

I don't think the tackle is a big deal for most teams.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pickers gonna pick. Then claim they don't.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Grod wrote:

oh I dont mind them having tackle, I just think it should be on the blitzers, not the linemen, after all the linemen should not be better at blitzing than blitzers.

Don't get me started on zons lol Cool

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Pickers gonna pick. Then claim they don't.

I'm sure there are some that do, and some that don't. usually there are only 3 or 4 match ups available at any one time at the moment, and I get games within seconds (I always put my teams on game finder go for a tab, then they are green lit by the time I get back). I have a mental note of some seriously bad pickers on this site, but the vast majority just seem to want to play. Maybe its because the teams I use are all crap, like goblins, skinks, flings, or at the moment terribly skilled pact with 3 big guys. But I get games very quick.

But mainly this negativity and division superiority is very tiring, my win percentage with everyone is far better in blackbox, so to me that would mean it is the easier division to play in, but you don't hear me bleating about how blackbox coaches suck.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:
Grod wrote:

The four elves teams, the four stunty teams, zons... That's already more than one third of the teams. Wink

Jump to: