38 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone ever activate new teams in the Box? I have activated my 2 new teams at least 500 times and have never had a match.

I have tried all hours of the day and sometimes there will even be 15+ coaches, I will become giddy...and then it tells me activation will be possible in approximately 10 minutes. Bah.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to click on the teams on the activation page to turn them from red to green, otherwise it won't consider your teams activated.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably happening a bit less as new coaches are shunning B since B is pretty terrible for new coaches.

The way around this (illegal action alert) is to ask someone else with a new team (or just low TV team) to activate only that new team at the same time you activate your new team.

Again, you cannot do that, so don't do it. But it would work, theoretically, if you could do it.

edit: could also be what chainsaw said, make sure you have greened your teams so that they are actually active
NerdBird

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have definitely "greened" my teams. Sometimes I only activate 1 of them in case I became color blind and my green is red. Either way, I have at least one activated since one is green and the other is red.

I wouldn't go the illegal route but I wanted to get rolling on this much debated division.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the Blackbox Scheduler History it seems that rookie match ups have happened about once every 2-3 hours today. That's not a lot.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
licker

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No it's not, either people dont have have 1000k teams anymore or they are activating them with other higher TV teams and those are getting drawn instead.

Basically you're seeing Box dying, people are not interested in making new teams for a division which has turned more useless than usual.

As always, I have already provided the solution to this 'problem', but at this point, I'd rather just see Box die it's own sad death.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I created a new team recently and haven't faced any problems getting games (counter is at 6 right now), even though I activated 2-3 other teams with higher TV.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to activate new-ish teams and they always got scheduled over my older teams. But that was a couple of months ago. Has the Box deteriorated so fast?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

who knows. Its really hard to know whats REALLY going on here, there is so much chat on the forums, it could very well all be nonesense Smile

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I used to activate new-ish teams and they always got scheduled over my older teams. But that was a couple of months ago. Has the Box deteriorated so fast?

Short answer: YES.

Long answer: Found elsewhere repeated ad nauseam.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I play at night Pacific time mostly, there's no point in even trying to activate. Box is dependent on success for continued success. :/

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I play at night Pacific time mostly, there's no point in even trying to activate. Box is dependent on success for continued success. :/

same, although sometimes I sneak games at work during lunch or at 730 am before people arrive.

But yeah I have tons of teams that would satisfy you nerdbird. Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you can play Ranked. Much easier when traffic is low.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I activated a new team recently, and got games. No issue. Actually I believe it is easier to get games with new teams.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Or you can play Ranked. Much easier when traffic is low.

But but but...my box teams!
 Jump to: