35 coaches online • Server time: 12:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Marquis35

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new here so I'm sure this is gonna get thrown under the bus. However, a house rule I've used in the past to even the playing field in long term leagues between bashers and finesse teams is as follows.

Injury table is modified to be:
11-38 Badly Hurt
41-48 miss 1 game
51-58 miss 2 games
61 Niggling injury
62 -AV
63 -AV
64 -MA
65 -AG
66 -ST
67 Dead
68 Dead

Also Piling on is a 'foul'. If the re-roll due to piling on is a double, player is 'sent off' unless they have a bribe. non-doubles = the ref isn't watching and play continues as usual. (DP does NOT stack with PO, however Sneaky Git DOES if the PO fails to break armor. no effect on a re-rolled injury)

as you can see the change in the injury chart limits long term affects of a finesse team getting taken apart by bashers although leaves them somewhat hindered in the short term by players missing more games. also the PO nerf still allows PO to be effective but coaches need to be more judicious in its use with the potential loss of their player.

I'm sure I'm walking into a hornets nest here but figured i'd put it out there to see what folks thought..
cowhead

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Burn the witch!!!

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some house rules available in the league division, though the ones you specify aren't included at the moment.

The house rules included at the moment include nerfs to pile on. Improvements to sneaky git and fouling. And improvements to players with right stuff.

Oh and welcome to the site Smile

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think your injury table is taking things a little to far. But I like the idea of pile on and sneaky git synergy. That's actually a very interesting idea and one I have never heard before.

Making PO a foul also makes sense as it used to be called spearing in 2nd ed and was a foul. But with your sneaky git reducing how likely they are to be sent off I quite like it. Though it still needs a little work.

Last edited by Garion on %b %06, %2014 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and also play some games here Smile most people are very friendly and helpful, like all internet sites there are a few fools knocking about but you will learn who they are pretty quick Wink

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PO player is sent out to Ko Box when rolls double is used in my league and i quite like it.

chance is 1/6 to be sent off to ko box per each roll which is quite fair, and fluffy at the same time: The guy doesn't land on a pillow! Wink

This injury table thing...mmmmm....not sure. there're another ways to limit the impact of bashing (free babes, free apo's, longer rosters)

And yes, the way to balance races with access to strength, general skills and those that have not is....empowering fouling! (sneaky git buff, +1 fouling)
fidius

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One alternative to a new injury table is to simply force a Badly Hurt if Mighty Blow or Dirty Player are used on the injury roll (eg 9 becomes 10), similar to Stunty.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
One alternative to a new injury table is to simply force a Badly Hurt if Mighty Blow or Dirty Player are used on the injury roll (eg 9 becomes 10), similar to Stunty.

That isn't a bad idea.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion, I am trying to determine which roster i want to dive in with at the moment.

@sonrises: the downside to empowering fouling is that it goes both ways. A team with a couple clawpombers arent going to foul using their missile, but with an unskilled player. making games even more potentially devastating for finesse teams. making it a risk to use the PO will potentially remove their main weapon(s)

what I've found in league play is bashers continue to develop whereas a finesse team often has to rebuild after a match with some hitters. the revised injury chart allows finesse teams to continue developing after a hurdle so they can keep pace with a basher team during a league. otherwise bashers keep accumulating SPP and finesse teams are replacing vets with rookies pretty consistently.
 Jump to: