17 coaches online • Server time: 05:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post 8 Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the last rules review DivX is drying up, and even the introduction of experimental rules to it (no ageing, freeboot apo..) didn't help that much to bring it back to life.. we all noticed that and we already got some forum posts complaining about it. With the change of the Divisions from open to ranked and tourny to unranked even more coaches seem to get distracted from Division X. So here is an attempt to encourage coaches in playing divx.

I have 4 different elf and 1 amazon team in divx all within the lower tr and str regions. These teams hereby decalare to take on ANY challenger that is withn a reasonable tr/str-diff (about 8-10% i think atm), including dwarves, ogre, khemri, etc...

So come on and bring some carnage!!!

P.S: Yes... I AM serious about that!!

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Jack Go !!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:

So come on and bring some carnage!!!

yeah, you are right candle... and I promise you not to turn down any serious offer of yours any more! Razz
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
S These teams hereby decalare to take on ANY challenger that is withn a reasonable tr/str-diff (about 8-10% i think atm), including dwarves, ogre, khemri, etc...

I dont think that at all qualifies as 'any' challenger, and in retrospect, what a wimpy challenge Sad
Perox

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I have 4 different elf and 1 amazon team in divx all within the lower tr and str regions. These teams hereby decalare to take on ANY challenger that is withn a reasonable tr/str-diff (about 8-10% i think atm), including dwarves, ogre, khemri, etc...

I challenge all your teams with my Topgoblins Mr. Green

Perox.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I really love divX too and would only play in that division if demand was higher. So I (and probably many other coaches as well) often have to switch to [R] to play any games. Therefore divX isn't necessarily as unpopular as the mere numbers would suggest.

Right now, my Orc, Khemri and Old World teams are too strong for your sides unfortunately, but we might play a game between my woodies and one of your teams perhaps. (My Undead are within a league, C.O.S.M.)

Anyhow, I will always prefer a divX game to any game in [O] or [U] due to the far superior divX rules.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think making DivX wholly unranked is going to help matters. I've played almost exclusively in DivX since the rule change, but I think I'm going to start playing in Ranked once again because I don't want all of my games to be unranked.
Daevorn

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like DivX and i play there as much as i can. But i liked it more when it was ranked - playing to increase my ranking is always fun and that way i have a better reason to challenge stronger choaches or stronger teams...
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

divX is unranked?? damn
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
Candlejack wrote:
S These teams hereby decalare to take on ANY challenger that is withn a reasonable tr/str-diff (about 8-10% i think atm), including dwarves, ogre, khemri, etc...

I dont think that at all qualifies as 'any' challenger, and in retrospect, what a wimpy challenge Sad

didn't say that i will turn down all other offers...

watch out who you call whimp.... Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think making divx unranked was the right decision. After all, when playing in an experimental league, you should be free to try out all sorts of wacky stuff and not let it affect your coach ranking. I liked the suggestion that was made to keep the teams ranked, but leave the coach rating out of it completely.

Perox.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Volunteering to take on Khemri with Woodelves or Dwarves with Amazons is hardly what I'd call wimpy. I hardly blame him for not wanting to take on a +50 str Dwarf team with Zons - it's bad enough when the dwarves are -50 str.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Perox wrote:
I think making divx unranked was the right decision. After all, when playing in an experimental league, you should be free to try out all sorts of wacky stuff and not let it affect your coach ranking. I liked the suggestion that was made to keep the teams ranked, but leave the coach rating out of it completely.

Perox.

You were able to do that by opting to leave your team out of ranking. On the other hand, the coaches who wanted to have the games count towards their ranking were able to have that by leaving their teams ranked. Simply put, the coaches had a choice, and now this choice has been eliminated. Everyone must play in Ranked, if they want to play ranked games. Obviously this is what the people in charge want and there's nothing I can do but accept that. However, I do believe that this will further diminish the interest in DivX, which is a shame.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It's increased my interest in DivX.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Anarchism In Action

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well... only have one team in div x and it was to play the divx tournament ;( i do prefer ranked game as i did not designed thsi team for unranked games is there anyway to make it go to the [R] now that div X is unrankeD?
 Jump to: