47 coaches online • Server time: 15:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Does Dodge improve your blocking ability? Not really.
Does Migthy blow improve the efficiency of Piling on? Yes
Does Piling on improve the efficiency of Mighty blow? Yes

It works both ways for killstack.

Sure kill stack is among the most powerful of skill stacks. But the fact remains a player with say blodge ss dt is far better than 4 players one with each skill. The skill costing idea would work as well no doubt though personally I think that is a more time consuming complex system as it requires looking up the prices each time and team roster management becomes a little messier . It could no doubt work though. Personally Im just not a big fan of telling people which skills are good and which ones aren't I think learning that through trial and error as a new coach is a big part of the enjoyment of the game. Sure for us old heads its obvious but it's not for the newer coach. Plus some skills are rubbish on their own but when in combo they become great. Like jump up. Normally this may only be worth say 10k but as the final piece of the kill stack it's worth more. Similarly sidestep on its own isn't great. But most lists I see put that and diving tackle as quite expensive skills. That would suck massively for stunty players who only have access to those skills. I'm not convinced it would work really not without proper costing across the board for players and everything else, the power of skills is so dependent on the player who has them as well. Like a zombie with say wrestle does not even come close to achieving the same worth from that skill as an elf would, where as Block would be pretty even.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So what you're saying is that we all agree? LRB4 was better. Smile

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
@Garion
Those you mention are linear combos, not exponential ones. As costing is linear, it is fine. As costing is linear, exponential combos are bargains.
Pass, accurate, strong arm. Two heads/dodge. Catch/diving catch.

Any combination which allows a reroll skill with a roll modifier skill is exponential. The problem with the killstack is that it is a killstack, and people are loss averse.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB 4 stinks.

Ageing is pointless: You have a Wardancer who plays 5 games, makes it to 51 spp earns 2 niggles. You have a Black Orc Blocker who plays 17 games, and gets 6 spp with no ageing. This makes sense how?

The more spp a player earns, the more bloated the team. This makes sense how?

MNG players count for tv. This makes sense how?

Claw + RSC = AWESOME. No argument.

DP = Nice. No argument.

It's old and won't come back. Yeah, that.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
bghandras wrote:
@Garion
Those you mention are linear combos, not exponential ones. As costing is linear, it is fine. As costing is linear, exponential combos are bargains.
Pass, accurate, strong arm. Two heads/dodge. Catch/diving catch.

Any combination which allows a reroll skill with a roll modifier skill is exponential. The problem with the killstack is that it is a killstack, and people are Player loss averse.

fixed it for ya Wink

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

fml
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

@Garion
I believe that stunty players and big guys would hugely benefit from 10k skills. No double for them? Then take a cheap skill! This would result huge variety, according to my playbook.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
fixed it for ya Wink
Yep, that's actually what I meant Very Happy
xyon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you could keep the current TV pricing of skills but modify it a little bit.

The first time you take sklll it the normal TV cost, then the second time you take the same skill its 5k more, then 10k more for the third time, 15k, etc. So you might have a killstack player, but a second killstack costs you more, and a third costs you more, and so on. So the TV of a skill is based on how many times you take that skill on your team. Encourages more skill variety, or just fewer players with skills in general if you want to be an uber twink and have a legend on a team of rookies.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
@Garion
I believe that stunty players and big guys would hugely benefit from 10k skills. No double for them? Then take a cheap skill! This would result huge variety, according to my playbook.

hmm not sure depends which skills you take and what they cost. If you are talking about making a bunch of agility skills the cheap ones then that's just a massive buff to the already best in the game elves.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's almost like this game was made for TT... and while we play the same game in theory, the reality is that we don't. Pencil and paper has some serious limitations with the amount of rules you can have before it starts bogging down, while Fumbbl doesn't. So different skill costs is amazing for Fumbbl, but impractical for a TT perspective.

We can do one of 2 things. Accept that it's a TT game, and play by those rules.

Or

LRB-FUMBBL. (which is, btw, Pgoos favorite option. VOTE LRB-FUMBBL 2014)

Oh and LRB4 was superior in almost every way (except for the ones that are better now).

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Even TT gamers are using things like ipads and such to keep track of stuff, I know some people even use dice rolling apps instead of real dice, how hard it is to keep track of rules is not so hard.

Heck, if there was a decent Roster management app for ipad and other tablets then it would be just as easy to manage your team on TT as on fumbbl.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Roland

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
VOTE LRB-FUMBBL 2014

bghandras

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
bghandras wrote:
@Garion

hmm not sure depends which skills you take and what they cost. If you are talking about making a bunch of agility skills the cheap ones then that's just a massive buff to the already best in the game elves.

I mean to include strength, general, mutation skills too, not just agility skills.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

first a number of skills need improving again, they got so badly nerfed for no reason.

FA and DP should be 1 skill. Tentacles should revert back to LRB4 so it can combo with Pro again which was cool and saw Pro appearing a little more. Horns should also return to lrb4, so there is a tactical element to its use. Now it is boring, also it should be added after dauntless. Another combo that was fun ruined in the simplification of the game.

Then some need cleaning up like Really Stupid. That needs to include the words must be in the Tackle-Zone of a team mate, as opposed to the current - standing next to a player on the same team. Its really lame that players that have failed bone head or that are hypno gazed can assist RS. Just doesn't make sense and is counter intuitive and there are a bunch of others, like Take Root. You should not have to roll this when prone. Its daft. The fact it can take 3 or 4 turns to stand a tree up and in any of those turns if they roll take root they become rooted even if they stand up 3 turns later is just plain wrong.

also juggernaut shouldn't cancel wrestle. I know the skill doesn't get take enough, but Wrestle is a counter to cpomb, having a counter for a counter is wrong.

The thing with making a new rule set is there is sooo much wrong at the moment, ranging from the tiny little things to the huge like the TV system etc..