39 coaches online • Server time: 16:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gilbertosilver

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

Apologies for what I am conscious will appear like my baffling ineptitude. I assure you I am not usually this stupid, but am struggling to get to grips with what looks like an amazing site!

I've created my team and entered it in to the 145 Rookie/Open League. However, I have no idea how to go from there to actually playing a match. It says I am "scheduled against 25 opponents" but I don't know what that means in real terms.

Is it as a question of messaging a team, arranging a time and creating a 'game name'?

If anyone could walk me through the process I'd be very grateful. Eager to get started but can't get over the hump of my confusion.

Many thanks,

James
Garion

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Welcome to the site.

So in that league I believe it is an open division for new coaches to learn. Send them a PM asking when they are free to play and arrange a time to play. then click Play next to your team, you and your opponent use a game name and away you go.

Alternately you could create a team in the Ranked division. then once it is created move your mouse over 'Game' at the top of the screen and click Game finder. This will show you teams of roughly the same value, tick any of the ones you want to play and if they tick you there will be an option to Start Game. click that and the client will download and you can play.

that is a competative division though, so don't be suprised if you take a few beatings while you get used to things. We all had to learn the hard way once upon a time Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

In order to play a game in the 145 league, use the pm topic, or pm someone else with a team, to get somebody who wants to play with you. Then you and the other person agree on a game name, 1-2 words. The click the word play next to your team, and in the text box you can type in, type the game name, the other person does the same thing, and you are playing Smile hope you have a good time in the 145 league, it is pretty awesome Smile
gilbertosilver

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man, that's super helpful. I've played BB a fair bit on table top but never online, so really excited by this.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

oh also if you click on GAME at the top of your screen, you can see games that are currently being played. Click on spectate, so you can watch one. this is a good idea before you play your first game so that you have the client downloaded, which means when you play your first game it will load really quickly and your opponent wont need to wait while you download the client for the first time Smile

any further questions feel free to send me a message.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you found the page where it shows who you can play against?
Look for the teams where the coaches are online and send them a PM also you dont have to just make one team you could make some other league teams but dont join a league just use them for one off friendly matches.

Once you played enough that your happy with the client etc then try in ranked and black box.

In ranked and league you just add the teams you want to use in game finder and wait till you agree on a match.

In black box you you need to activate at these times past the hour

Then wait for 5 minutes refresh your home page and if you got a game it will say play next to one of your black box teams.

Im currently looking for a friendly league game now, but not a 145 club team.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2014 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

You have been invited to the "kick off" message thread. When you are able to play a game post a message in that thread to organise a game.

You can arrange to play immediately or arrange a game in advance.

To play a game you need to click the "Play" link by your team in your "Overview page."

You need to agree a game name with your opponent. When the client starts, start a new game and type the game name.

I hope that helps.

Just ask if you need more help.

Jump to: