49 coaches online • Server time: 13:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just noticed that BLACKBOX MINORS have started.
when was it announced that recruitment was about to start? and where?

i looked for it and couldn't find it.

What am i missing?

Thx for the feedback.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Top of your coach page?
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I see. Thx.

However, i would kindly suggest to the Box Minors admin to add a blog/new announcing recruitment next time. I follow the Official tournament scene quite closely and i completly missed that. And i am pretty sure i am not the only one. Wink

just a suggestion.

o/
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 09:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It was here https://www.fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=somertown&id=15257

Very Happy
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 10:55
FUMBBL Staff

We do our best to advertise everything.

The B division Minor was advertised:
On the homepage advert.
In a Tournament Admin blog.
On the title of the B IRC channel.

Admittedly there wasn't a news article this time. Nor was the Blog updated, or deleted and reposted. But then sometimes people complain that I advertise Tournaments too much, especially Blog deletion/reposting. Also no one started a Forum thread, but usually we leave this to general FUMBBLERs to do, and they are more common for Majors.

As a side note, entries from the wrong Division (both R and L) are creeping up again, the same thing happened to the GLT (with B and L teams).

Entry levels were still very encouraging, with nearly 2 full B Minors starting, of 32 teams each. But we can/should do more, suggestions are always welcome.

Today begins the application period for the next R Minor. I hope it is nice and visible to all.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I did know that there would be a minor but without the news article or blog repost I had managed to forget.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhh, an R Minor! Awesome!

I missed the B Minor (but because I couldn't decide which team to pick and forgot about applying *facepalm*), so I'm very much looking forward to this!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 11:33
FUMBBL Staff

It isn't easy. A lot of people never look at news, and with the new 'choose your own layout' functionality of FUMBBL maybe they don't have news prioritised on their homepage. Also how many blog posts to people have visible? I personally have 7, but how many do others have visible? how often do we need to repost adverts? It is hard to say/know. Currently blog posts accept BB code and News posts/homepage adverts use html. That can be a right pain as we try to make the posts fun to read, and add some jovial links, but it even effects links to the application point.

But point taken, we will endeavour to post news for every Tournament. And to keep a reasonably fresh blog bubbling near the top. It will generate complaints though, everything we do does.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The minor (minAAR) was definitely very well advertised in the ARR private group message. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
sonrises

Post   Posted: May 29, 2014 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx PurpleChest for the explanation.

It is impossible to cater to all tastes. If you run something, for sure someone will complain.

I think that is reasonable to keep it just as a NEWS POST and keep a blog fresh, specially when deadline for recruitment is getting close.

o/
 Jump to: