13 coaches online • Server time: 06:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Legends. Maybe u scare?
I am not a Legend and I am scare of Legends
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I am not a Legend and I like to play vs Legends
19%
 19%  [ 29 ]
I am a Legend and I am scare of other Legends
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I am a Legend and I I like to play vs other Legends
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
I am a human and I like pie
50%
 50%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 151

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a few games recently and got my Legend ranking back.
Since then I have been unable to get a game in ranked.
I played someone in Box today and he said he could not beat a legend.
His team was better than mine but he seemed almost resigned to defeat just because of the tag.
Are people that scare of "legends"?

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe scare
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think maybe I made the pie option too good. Try to control yourselves!

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It stands to reason that it might be beneficial to obfuscate coaches participating until the match is over. Who winds up more scare: pseudo legends who pick or rookies who pick?
Madmin

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a good correlation between getting legend status and being someone who invests in awesome player and team bios and fluff or have good goals for playing. i played against Cloggy recently to help fill up his 3rd grid try with his dark elves, and even though he won and may have started out with the better team in the end he was good to talk to and the match was fun. I wouldn't play them all the time since i'm a pretty garbage casual but every once in a while it's nice, provided you aren't being picked.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I find most legends in my time zone only stick to a certain race. Most under Legends try a variety of teams and therefore are more likely to get games. That and their lower ranking. I have noticed that the legends, in my time zone, don't tend to stray off their successful teams. To each their own. I get to play more legends in my leagues than I do on Ranked or Box. But I no scare of dem. Dey scare of me.

Jeffro
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm not sure activating a chaos team, a dwarf team called pickers and a nurgle team called griefers helps. Razz

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

there are legends made of CR and nothing more, and legends that will be like that whatever their CR is.

in loving memory of Spyro - we miss you
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I find most legends in my time zone only stick to a certain race. Most under Legends try a variety of teams and therefore are more likely to get games. That and their lower ranking. I have noticed that the legends, in my time zone, don't tend to stray off their successful teams. To each their own. I get to play more legends in my leagues than I do on Ranked or Box. But I no scare of dem. Dey scare of me.

+1

i'm not scared. i can beat a legend and a legend can beat me, on any given Sunday. i will face you, provided the match up isn't boring or too one sided.

P.S. i play many different teams, so i am but a SUPER star.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Super Stars are the ones to be most afraid of....the ones that seem to pick the most. They are also the biggest pixel huggers. The legends will kick my ass most of the time, but that's OK because I learn from the ass-kicking.

One thing I find irritating though is the AMOUNT of game requests I get when I put up an Elf team from super star players that are 200+ TV higher than mine and usually really nasty teams. There are a few teams I see on game finder that I wonder if they ever play since they are always the same TV and always on game finder.

I notice Legend coaches always have a couple players on their team that are just insane. Whether this is a product of their talent or theirs legend ranking is because of these players on these teams is unknown to me.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for pie... because no pie scares me :/

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

just noticed I am a Super Star again...but that is only because I won my 3 GLT games. I was down to a Veteran status a week ago. I am probably somewhere in between this and a legend I will probably never attain. Unless I somehow get really lucky and draw well for my team in the GLT.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@nerdbird Some people just hit every team in the Finder and then Syphon through the willing competitors. But yes, it is silly to get a request from some people. All people ask for is somewhat even match ups.

I had a bar hopping friend of mine who we nick named "the door to door salesmen." The guy was hilarious because he used to approach every girl in the bar one by one. When he got rejected he would move onto the next with no more than a simple shrug after a denial. He was relentless and eventually would end up with a girl, who may have had low standards, but none the less always got a girl. This is what I think of the people who request silly games on the finder. It's not that they are necessarily picking, it's that they are just asking. Waiting for that sucker with low standards. Smile It's also a good lesson for you single fellas. There is no harm in asking someone for companionship. I wish it had learned this much earlier than I did.

Jeffro
Fortis

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a rookie. I generally look for games against Rookies through Stars so that I have a vaguely even game. I'm not particularly bad (played a lot of TT before coming here) but I prefer to play someone I'll give a decent game to. I recognise I'm not good enough to play to the level of superstars and legends often. I'll still accept games sometimes if there's not many people on. I'm not scare.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: May 30, 2014 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
just noticed I am a Super Star again...but that is only because I won my 3 GLT games. I was down to a Veteran status a week ago. I am probably somewhere in between this and a legend I will probably never attain. Unless I somehow get really lucky and draw well for my team in the GLT.

lucker! I WAS ROBBED by a BLOCKER!