46 coaches online • Server time: 00:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Legends. Maybe u scare?
I am not a Legend and I am scare of Legends
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
I am not a Legend and I like to play vs Legends
19%
 19%  [ 29 ]
I am a Legend and I am scare of other Legends
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I am a Legend and I I like to play vs other Legends
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
I am a human and I like pie
50%
 50%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 151

Azure

Post   Posted: May 31, 2014 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My personal experience is that I can get games easily enough in Ranked if I am willing to take tough matches. What I find nigh impossible is to rebuild my ranked teams for tournaments - perhaps I am not patience enough to find balanced or easier matchups for my teams.

Either way, I generally just play my halflings in the box nowadays - too busy to take time trying to find a game in ranked.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 31, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans match up remarkably well vs. pie. It's almost like they were made for it.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
What I find nigh impossible is to rebuild my ranked teams for tournaments - perhaps I am not patience enough to find balanced or easier matchups for my teams.

Hey, Azure, here is a "pro" tip. The Tiny Steel Hammers need to start a thread moaning and complaining about their issues on the Ranked Game Finder. Tie in the dwarf discrimination issue, throw in some CR issues and just lay it on thick.

Then what will happen is a bunch of coaches will feel sorry for the TSH and you will find some easier match ups for at least 5 days afterwards.

Hey, it worked for JF.... Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %01, %2014 - %00:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

TSM = Tiny Steel Moaners?

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:

Ah, yeah, that sounds good. Surprised

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Rabe wrote:

Sounds like a horrible version of a fleshlight.

__Synn
mikere

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting question. I play against any coach. If my team's beat up, I might avoid teams that are likely to crush them further, but usually I click on almost every team that is a match. This is probably a function partly of my time zone (Pacific Time Zone) which means everyone's pretty much gone to bed by the time I can get online.

The most interesting part of this question for me is that it came up at a time when I'd had some time to check out a few coaches teams, and see what kind of opponents they were playing. While checking out a legend coach who has a "novelty" team, I decided to see what his other teams were doing. Seeing one of his teams at 12/0/1, I thought I'd look into it further and discovered he'd only been playing against teams who's coaches had less than 50% win percentage. It made me think "Hmmm....". That said, his novelty team seemed to be playing with little picking going on so perhaps this is the team he plays to get legend status back so I'm not going to judge. Honestly, in the end, to each his own, whatever floats yer boat.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2014 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
PainState wrote:
Rabe wrote:

Sounds like a horrible version of a fleshlight.

__Synn

I always thought the horrible version of a fleshlight, was the fleshlight Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2014 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I will play legends. I have no problem with that. What I usually avoid is very unbalance games. I mostly play slann and vamppire and I think I handicap myself enough by doing so. No need of extra cpomb uphill game.
So if you are truly a legend, play a 2 or 3 tier game and you will get many games. Slann and vampires are very popular and get games easily. Try that. Wink
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2014 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'm not sure activating a chaos team, a dwarf team called pickers and a nurgle team called griefers helps.

there you have it.
 Jump to: