48 coaches online • Server time: 18:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On
Only works on armor rolls

---
we can do this in L, yes? I think its a great option.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the ref sending players to the KO box. Also, sneaky get should allow AQ player to roll a D6 when getting thrown out; on a 4+ they remain in the game and do not cause a turnover.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Some I like (Foul Appearance & Disturbing Presence, Shadowing and above all Fend), the rest I would prefer an alternative.

A small question, why would you guys want the old Strong Arm back?? I keep seeing that change being thrown around in the forums and I see no advantages to it but rather some major disadvantages...
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Grab
No restriction with frenzeh

That would be another overpowered combo.

Piling On

I prefer an element of risk in choosing to Pile On. May a 1 in 6 chance it could cause the player to STUN himself... maybe the player he is falling on kicks him in the nuts or something on the way down causing the STUN.

Fouling
Fouling no longer results in a game long ban, instead the player is put in the KO box and can enter the game again once the Ref thinks he has cooled down a little.

I like this change. But I suggest you could still get ejected for the whole game 1 in 6 times.
So... after the current rules are applied and the Ref Penalizes the player... Roll a 1 and he is gone for the game... Roll 2 through 6 and he goes to the KO Box.

Shadowing
Shadowing works on equal ma roll.

YES. The skill is too weak now. This would be a nice buff without going too far.

Sure Feet & Sprint
Fused

No. Too OP.

Side Step & Stand Firm (general skill)
fused

No. They are too different fluff-wise to be the same skill. And they should not be a general skill.

stunties
stunties gain general access

No. But maybe 2 to 4 players on each team could have G Access. OR maybe a positional that begins with Block and/or Dirty Player... but gets all other General Skills on Doubles.

Tackle & Prehensile Tail
fused

No.

Foul Appearance & Disturbing Presence
fused

Yes.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Macabeo wrote:

A small question, why would you guys want the old Strong Arm back?? I keep seeing that change being thrown around in the forums and I see no advantages to it but rather some major disadvantages...

Old strong arm would mean big guys could ttm long passes, thats the main reason i would like it's return.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Macabeo wrote:

Old strong arm would mean big guys could ttm long passes, thats the main reason i would like it's return.

/ooh
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think these suggested changes would be fine in League.

Like any other change, I'd want to see 1000 games played before making official venues use these changes.

Anyway, I doubt Christer would stray from the official rules.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
To buff shadowing I would rather it preceeded the diving tackle choice so you had a nice combo.
Not sure I get why it makes much of a difference. Currently you know the result of the dodge roll before deciding whether or not to use DT, so you know whether you will be shadowing or not based on that single roll.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Garion wrote:
To buff shadowing I would rather it preceeded the diving tackle choice so you had a nice combo.
Not sure I get why it makes much of a difference. Currently you know the result of the dodge roll before deciding whether or not to use DT, so you know whether you will be shadowing or not based on that single roll.

obviously situational but it makes a difference because you could chose to shadow until the first rr for dodging is gone then use DT for the next roll that would be a fail. As it stands you use DT the first time it would potentially knock someone over then they RR and get away and your player is prone meaning you cant shadow. It would make the skill combo ever so slightly better and see shadowing get a little more use. Also if shadowing fails then you would still be able to dive tackle.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You can still choose to do that, surely? They won't choose to RR until you say you want to use DT anyway (shadowing or not), or they use the RR on a natural fail and you then get to use DT knowing it would work.
You do have a point with the failed shadow roll, though. Again, I don't see that making much difference at all.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not looking for a huge boost to the skill just a minor one, I quite like it already but think this would just mean it would combo up nicely. I love skill combos, and too many were removed for CRP during the simplification of the rules. Putting this one in would just mean you would see a bit more Shadowing and another nice skill combo to consider which imo is good for the game.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Most I like...

Catch & Diving Catch
fused
Yes..

Pass & Strong Arm
fused
Yes OK.

old Strong Arm
add another layer on the pass-o-meter and make it do actually improve range for everything (stunties, bombs, long-bombs)
Definitely yes.

safe throw & Nerves of Steel
fused
Yes.

Accurate
+1 on passes, +1 on catching an accurate pass for target player
Don't really see the need for an extra +1 on catching especially if catch and diving catch are fused.

pass block & VLL
fused
Yes.

Grab
No restriction with frenzeh
No, too powerful.

Fend
Defender decides whether attacker follows up or not
Not convinced would need a lot of testing.

Piling On
Yes.

Claws
Reduces armor by -2 but no further than av7.
Yes.

Fouling
Fouling no longer results in a game long ban, instead the player is put in the KO box and can enter the game again once the Ref thinks he has cooled down a little.
Not bothered, like the extra d6 suggestion 1 is still off for the game.
Probably over complex but how about yellow and red cards, caught once KO, caught twice whole match ban.

Shadowing
Shadowing works on equal ma roll.
Yes.

Jump Up
no stand up roll for blocking
No, maybe failed roll still stands but no block.

Sure Feet & Sprint
Fused
No.

Side Step & Stand Firm (general skill)
fused
No..too different.

stunties
stunties gain general access
No.

Tackle & Prehensile Tail
fused
Not sure, tackle is already widely used and probably strong enough skill on its own.

Foul Appearance & Disturbing Presence
fused
Not sure, would DP become too popular undoing all the other changes to encourage passing/ball play.

Thick Skull
-1 on injury rolls for failed actions in the own turn (additional effect); ie. dodges, leaps, gfi, skull
Looks OK. just a problem with dwarfs, maybe some dwarfs lose thick skull (runners & blitzers don't get it?)
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

big hand & extra arms
fused

DP & SG
fused
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
big hand & extra arms
fused

DP & SG
fused

yes and no. Dp and SG just need a rules re-write, fouling should return to lrb4 where there was a tactical element. Just make them DP +1 and sneaky git +1, and -1 to being spotted.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Also, sneaky get should allow AQ player to roll a D6 when getting thrown out; on a 4+ they remain in the game and do not cause a turnover.

I quite like that.

Of the original suggestions I only liked Shadowing and Strong Arm. Nice thread though!
 Jump to: